LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Your food sounds good.....get back on that water train ---it is miraculous :)......I hate clutter.....Bins are amazing to organize.....We are getting that weather too ---cold and rainy here today---tomorrow the high in the 30's i can't wait :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Your food sounds good.....get back on that water train ---it is miraculous :)......I hate clutter.....Bins are amazing to organize.....We are getting that weather too ---cold and rainy here today---tomorrow the high in the 30's i can't wait :)

You're in Tenn right? Do yall get snow every year?
    I hope we get some this year. We got barely a flutter last year and it sucked. I mean... I don't want a ton of snow bc people here already can't drive in good weather lol, but just a little to give the kids something to play in.
    Plus I love how quiet it gets when it's snowing. The world just turns the volume all the way down and it's so peaceful. Siiiiigh. I love cold weather.

Anywho!
    I saw 175.4 first thing this morning, then after coffee and subsequent coffee poops.... 175.2 currently. WOO!
    It did go back up to 176something but then 2nd wave of coffee came through :P lol
    Actually kind of surprised to see my weight though. I was for sure it was going to be higher even though my ring was getting loose again and feeling not so bloated etc. lol
    But hey.. not complaining at all :)
    Just wanted to get all this out there just in case weight tomorrow for my weigh-in is back up. Fixing a meaty spaghetti sauce again and the sausage does have a lot of salt in it... plus I add more hot sauce which is all salt too so yeah. I expect my weight to be up some tomorrow from it.
    SO yeah.. going to pop this in MFP just in case! WOOT! ;)

You know what I won't be getting salt from? Pork rinds b/c I totally frickin forgot to buy some like I said I would!!!! /cry
    Kids started whining about wanting to go home so I started rushing trying to get everything aaaand.... forgot. Forgot the 1 other most important at the moment thing I wanted to go to the store for. /sobs
    Guess I'll just have to wait until this weekend. Maybe the craving for it will go away by then. If not... hopefully I actually remember to buy myself some lol.
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome on the weight loss!!!1 Oh no on the pork rinds....boo....

Yes --TN we do get a few inches every year not nearly enough but it is usually a lot of fun....ANd i love the quiet too ---so awesome......and how the lights glow just the most awesome thing ever...........

Supposed to get frigid here by next week, like lows around 15.........gotta stay warm!!!!

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Kimchi stew sounds so good and comforting. 😊
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your loss :+1: I love it when I can feel myself loosing weight and when my rings are getting loose is a sure sign of it :) Keep up the good work :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yes, it is a great feeling. Just being able to FEEL the difference is amazing :)

Alrighty, I gotta get more cleaning done today. I've made it my goal to do a little bit every day to get this house clean. Yesterday I cleaned up the butler's pantry. Got in some unintentional intentional exercise by having to take crap up in to the storage room multiple times lol and got that little pantry storage area cleaned!! WOOT!
    It's either going to be the kitchen or the living room today. Or do a little of both. Kitchen needs to be decluttered and just cleaned. It's not gross or anything, just a little greasy here and there and cluttered up with small things that need to either be thrown away or put up.
    Living room is a bigger task so might leave that for this weekend. Carpets and rug needs to be cleaned, lots of toys need to get put up etc.
    Anywho... getting it DONE a little bit at a time! :)

Oh and looking at the list I made for my walmart trip... I got everything on it, EXCEPT for the dang pork rinds. I still can't believe I flipping forgot to get some. SIGH

Anywho.. I didn't track dinner. I just didn't feel like trying to figure out how much everything was. It was meaty spaghetti sauce. Had italian sausage, diced tomato, tomato paste, onion, spices and I add hot sauce to my bowl.
    Lots of added salt which definitely caused me to retain water. I drank over half a gallon of water after and I didn't get up once to pee during the night which is NOT normal for me lol. Oh crap and I made jalapeno poppers too. SO yeah.. add that in. Probably close to or at TDEE.

So I'm just counting yesterday as my weigh-in! B/c I am not about to go weigh myself this morning lol

Feeling good so far today even though sleep was a little crappy last night. It's actually been pretty good before that though thankfully. Just last night, it wasn't a good temp in the room so I either kept waking up to kick the blankets off or I kept waking up to put them back on b/c I got cold. :\

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!!!

• LiLee2018
    Oh and here's my youngest in front of the door all the kids helped me decorate (as can be seen by the larger number of snowflakes on the bottom half of the door lol).
    He's definitely grown since the last time he's worn those pants :P lol
    u8w7vz6sftnk.jpg

I'm trying to hold myself back from putting up ALL the Christmas decorations, but oh.... I'm about to lose control...... it's about to get all sorts of Christmasy up in here!!!
    Thanksgiving is awesome, but Christmas has the better decorations! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGG so cute!!!!

I HATE cleaning but it feels so good once it's done - the kitchen is my LEAST fave, because I NEVER FEEL LIKE IT'S CLEAN!!! Kids and kitchens - always sticky and never clean, even if you JUST cleaned 'em :expressionless:
  • volgirl1322
    I just cleaned my laundry room.....it felt amazing....I need to clean my spice cabinet next ---it is out of control...

Oh your littles is super cute......love the snowflake.....

girl----i am with you, i have my thanksgiving wreath and tablecloth on but i am so ready for xmas.......I am not sure if I can wait till Thanksgiving to put everything up, kinda thinking about doing it in a week.......my fave fave time of the year.......

• mistymeadows2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT TIME TO ENJOY THANKSGIVING! LMAO - I'm such a stickler about that for some reason LMAO - I enjoy Tgiving JUST as much as Christmas <3
  • jadepearl
    You little one is sooooo cute <3<3<3 I can only clean once a week as I am mostly at the shop with DH. So, every weekend will be cleaning day for me. I think I am a slacker as I am not even thinking of Christmas yet :lol:
  • LiLee2018
    I did not get any cleaning done! lol
    Big filter on my fish tank started rattling and it's a gross task cleaning it out to try to get the noise to stop, so that's what I ended up doing.
    After that was done, I didn't feel like doing much of anything.
    I did get down more of the Christmas decorations yesterday though and put more things outside.
    I see it as.... just b/c I'm putting up Christmas stuff doesn't mean I'm forgetting Thanksgiving. I love thanksgiving too (and I can't wait to fix a turkey and all that other good food!)... it's just that Christmas has the better decor and I want to enjoy it for as long as possible :)
    Plus there's only like what... 2 and a half weeks until thanksgiving. Good grief! Every year it always surprises me how FAST these last few months go by!

Plus we bought a lot of Disney Christmas stuff last year (YAY discounted after Christmas stuff!) that I've been impatiently waiting to put up! lol

This weekend has been a mixture of relaxing and doing misc stuff so far.
    I really do need to clean this living room up though. Every day that passes and I stare at this mess, the more it drives me crazy. Plus I want to put up some Christmas stuff in here too for the kids to enjoy... and destroy :P lol
    Plus whenever we get a tree, we're putting it in the corner that I currently have my craft table setup, so I need to clean that area up. Not right this second since we're planning on getting a real tree, but better to have it cleaned up soon :)

Oh and food has been good, I just haven't been tracking anything since Friday. And I did finally get myself some pork rinds yesterday! They're good, but also kinda disappointing for some reason. /shrugs
  • volgirl1322
    I am getting my xmas stuff this week as well I just can't wait......It is going to be rainy/snowy here later today so by the end of the week a bit warmer.....and I just can't wait...…

Glad you are doing well on the food front :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited November 2019
    LMAO I agree that Christmas decor covers both adequately and offers better selection and "coverage" to both seasons LMAO

For some reason, my Mama was always REALLY great about decorations (still is actually...she has giant ledges in her house that she changes out like 4 times a year, despite not being able to actually DO IT herself - IE she makes one of us kids do it LMAO). For some reason, I've NEVER put up decor at my house...I mean NEVER. Now granted, we don't have kids full time and the chances of the step kids making it all the way to our house is slim to none LMAO SOOOOO I never really did see a reason...decor and celebrating belongs at Mama's house in ma head for some reason LMAO

I asked my sister for a house deep clean for Christmas (one of those services that will come in for like $50 and fly through your house like a tornado LOL) - I meant a service but she straight up volunteered to just do it herself! 6 of one to me! Best Christmas present EVER! LMAO

***That's actually pretty sad seeing as I work from home and have PLENTY of time, I JUST HATE CLEANING WITH A PASSION UNMATCHED EVEN BY THE FIRES OF HELL
  • jadepearl
    Hope your fishes are OK <3 It seems that you guys are getting snow now? Wow!!! It's lovely to have a white Christmas <3 For us here, its Sunny Hot Christmas... lol !
  • LiLee2018
    Oh we rarely get snow here. If it does snow, it usually happens in January/February and only a small dusting. Sometimes we'll get an inch or so, but most of the time, just a little whisp that stays on the ground for all of 2hrs lol.
    That's all we got this last winter. I think that's when it snowed in Florida or something? It was either last winter or the winter before. It snowed everywhere around us, literally, except for here :\ Booooooo
    Our winters are so erratic sometimes though. I remember a Christmas it was in the 70's which is NOT normal for us lol.

misty- That's too funny but also brilliant! I also hate cleaning, but when I get in the mode/mood to do it, I do it. I WAS in the mood to do it and now that has fizzled out b/c of just other crap making me lose focus. I'll get it done. Just not as soon as I had hoped.
    And hey, I totally get not putting decorations up. While I do love putting them all up, I HAAAAATE taking them all down and putting everything away. Just cleaning but with christmas stuff :tired_face:

vol- OOO yall are getting snow! So jealous! We just got lots of rain today. DOn't mind rain but I had to go out in it which wasn't fun.

Anywho... I'm still here. Just haven't been posting much b/c stuff and distractions and life lol
    I'm doing good though. Think I overate a bit today but overall I'm good :)
    Period should be starting soon though which is why I think my appetite is increased.
    Made keto hot chocolate the other day and OMG I'm never bothering with those nasty little powder packs again. It's so easy to make and SO much better to make it yourself! Sweetener, cocoa powder, heavy cream, almond milk, and I've also been using half and half too. It's SUPER rich and delicious! Can always thin it out by using more almond milk.
    Whisk it all in a pot and heat it, but don't bring it to a boil and TADA! Done!

Oh and my faith in people got a boost today. Needed gas so went to Sam's to fill up. Decided to run in to Sam's to grab a rotisserie chicken b/c I was craving one lol.
    Boys wanted some baguette so got that too. My older boy was carrying it and all was good.
    Walked out with our stuff and suddenly hear him say "It fell!" and he started wailing. I turn around and sure enough, both baguettes had flopped out of their little bag and on to the pavement. It had already started to rain and I wasn't about to run back in to grab more. It sucked, but oh well. I know that's awful of me, but they would've gotten over it quickly. NOt the first time they've dropped food on the ground lol.
    That's when this angel appeared. This woman that checked out in front of us and had been walking to her own car that was parked across from us.
    She came over and asked if I wanted her to go back in and buy more bread. I told her "No no you don't have to. They'll be ok." But before I could even finish, she was already fast walking back in. I yelled at her something along the lines of "No! You really don't have to!" But off she went.
    And like 5min later, she was back out, new baggy of baguette in hand and a huge smile on her face. She handed it to me as I thanked her and said "I've been there. It's no problem. Yall have a great rest of the day." and she quickly left.
    I wish I could've given her a hug or something but she didn't stick around lol.
    Whoever she is... I wish nothing but the best for her. It made me cry on the way home (making me tear up now too). Just so incredibly sweet of a stranger to do that and just really helped bring a little brightness to this gloomy day.
  • jadepearl
    That's awesome...what a kind-hearted lady <3 Its seldom we meet angels like her <3
  • volgirl1322
    OMG that is the sweetest story ever!!!!! It does restore your faith in mankind.....I love the idea of random acts of kindness so cool!!!

• LiLee2018
    Alrighty yall... poop talk incoming.

I think yogurt has been helping my digestion.
    I've been eating a lot of it recently. Like 2-3 containers of the low carb stuff a day and since doing so have noticed that my poops have been more normal. Seems like I skip a day (even coffee doesn't help), but then go normally the day after. So.. yay! lol
    I'm going to try looking for some unflavored kinds to see if there is something lower carb that I can add flavoring to just so I won't have to worry about the 5g carbs per container adding up. If I can't, then I won't sweat it though.
    It could just be a fluke, but I'll keep testing it out to see if it continues.
  • LiLee2018
    Ok so.... End of the year is fast approaching and I'm just coming to terms that I'm probably not going to reach ANY goal by New Years lol.
    I dunno. I'm going to have to figure something out b/c the hell if I'm going to let 2020 go down the same way 2019 did. I'm going to aim big and aim to reach my ultimate goal weight. That's going to take A LOT of willpower and work though. I mean my diet, that's good, it's just I think my portion sizes AND me needing to remain strict and actually keeping cheats to bare minimum for now.
    This year just did not work in terms of losing weight and the only difference is that I did end up cheating more frequently. I always jumped back in to keto, so there was never that problem, but my body seemed to maintain instead of lose. I mean that's great that what I was doing was maintaining my weight instead of gaining (well if it was only cheating for a day or 2), BUT I'm maintaining when I still have like 60lbs to lose which aint good lol.

I'm probably going to have to give up my morning coffees too. Maybe just splurge on energy drinks every week for the caffeine I'll be missing. Try to get back in to that true fasting goodness.

I was thinking about going back carnivore too, but the thought of nothing but meat just isn't appealing. Keto has worked so I'll stick with it. If I happen to eat more meat one week (like this past week), then so be it, but going full carnivore again? Nah. Just not for me. I do love my veggies.

So yeah.... after Christmas I'll come up with a better plan of action. Even if it's just... try harder to stick to 1200 calories or less per day at first, then so be it.

Exercise is also something I REALLY need to work on too. UGH even talking about exercising is making me tired. It's my kryptonite! But I need to conquer it!.... eventually!