Anorexia in Recovery

Hi all,

I'm in recovery from AN and am now using MFP as a way to monitor my intake - I am not doing this so much for myself, but more to keep accountable. Anyhoo.... if anyone else is doing the same, fancy a chat?

Please no PRO-ED. Need to keep myself safe.

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Hi Hannah. Good for you :) I find MFP a really useful tool to keep track of my eating and help me maintain a healthy diet moving forward.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Good luck with your recovery. 🧡
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Sorry for the ignorance but what does pro-ed stand for? Out of curiosity I even ran it by google and couldn't figure it out?
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    I am also in recovery,
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    Hi all,

I'm in recovery from AN and am now using MFP as a way to monitor my intake - I am not doing this so much for myself, but more to keep accountable. Anyhoo.... if anyone else is doing the same, fancy a chat?

Just so you are aware, they aren't tolerant of any PRO-ED type stuff here on MFP. The focus is on healthy and sustainable changes. And I'm glad to see that you are making those changes.

There were a couple posts a while back about starting a group for eating disorders, but I'm not sure if anyone ever started one. I'll see if I can find a link to figure out if there is still interest.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi all,

Your post makes me happy. It's so wonderful to see someone in recovery who is making smart decisions to care for themselves. Kudos!

I've never had an ED, but I have poor hunger/appetite signals (also thirst). MFP is a great way for me to be sure that I eat the right amount and get decent nutrition.

I don't know if I would be a good MFP friend for you because I am currently in the middle of slowly losing a little weight so I eat 1200-1400 calories. (I'm only 5'3" and older.). By spring I will be in maintenance, so my calories will be an estimated 1400-1600.

So many hugs and good wishes for you.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just so you are aware, they aren't tolerant of any PRO-ED type stuff here on MFP. The focus is on healthy and sustainable changes. And I'm glad to see that you are making those changes.

There were a couple posts a while back about starting a group for eating disorders, but I'm not sure if anyone ever started one. I'll see if I can find a link to figure out if there is still interest.

They don't moderate direct messages though, so it bears saying.