accepting yourself at a higher weight

Replies

• I take all these measurements with a pinch of salt. I’m in a healthy weight range and very slowly building a bit of muscle. So I’m not worried about my bmi waist or any ratio of my various body parts. I’m not gonna change anything in my lifestyle.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    @Psychod787 At least there's a downward trend in margarine consumption/divorce in Maine... That entire web site is hilarious and a good reminder that correlation is not causation.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I think there are weights your body likes. For me, it's 150-155 and 160-165. It's hard for me to maintain in between.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited November 2019
    @cupcakesandproteinshakes I agree with what you're saying. I find when I'm at my lowest it takes a lot more effort to stay there. Sometimes I am happy to make the effort, other times I just want to let go a bit. We're only talking 5-6lbs so its not a huge deal and it doesn't affect how my clothes fit. I prefer not to get too hung up on the scale number or the whole process that is maintenance.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Apologies for a slight detour.

@cheryldumais, I thought about you, and vaping, the other week.

We were in the pub talking to a guy who had just opened a vape shop. He sells regular, low, and no nicotine products, in all kinds of weird and wonderful flavours too.

I can’t remember from the thread you posted a short while ago if you vape nicotine. In case you do, I wondered if you could do a step down to low then no nicotine vaping.

Cheers, h.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    I know that below 160 is not healthy for me. I lose energy and get sleepy and lazy.
    Calories=energy and for me to be juiced means 160-162. I know the rule is to not freak until 5 pounds over target, but for me, it's 2 pounds.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I’m tall. I never heard of measuring from your hipbone to your ribs, but mine is 8 fingers. Lol! Yep, it takes all of them.
    When I was thinner there was about 15” difference between my waist and hips. I didn’t realize that difference had anything to do with health. It sure made it hard to find pants that fit! Lol
  • gypsykit1
    gypsykit1 Posts: 10 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I am 5'4. I got down to 156 lbs and seen it once on the scales. I have had my weight off for a year and a half. I always go up to 160, so I am just accepting it. I wear small clothes , sz 8 and 10s for some reason. I tried all summer to get down but maybe this is where I should be or maybe it is because I want to eat more. As long as I dont gain more, I can accept this. ANy of ya had to accept a larger number on the scales?