Flatbread Pizza!

ironhajee
ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
Quick easy filling lunches, snacks or dinners!

Naan Bread
Tomatoes Sauce
Mozza cheese
Chedda cheese
Green onions
Mushrooms
Baby Spinach
Deli Cuts (optional your choice)

I like to spice things up beyond normal recommended human dosage but throw down whatever hot sauce you got on top and it's good to go!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited November 2019
    I make my pizza with flatbread.

I get the best results when I cook all my toppings in a skillet. I typically have garlic, onion, mushrooms, sausage. Add the sauce to the skillet.

I spread the toppings and sauce onto the flatbread, sprinkle with cheese and pop in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt and the flatbread to warm up. Delicious!
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Yes that the word I was looking for was "flatbread" my grocery stores near me seem to never be in stock so I must settle with the fluffier more processed naan bread, it's Still savoury and delicious though because when is pizza not right?

Mmm that sounds like alot of heckin' yums!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Okay, I am going to own up to this: I have two methods of making pizza. The first one is a vegan pizza with everything from scratch. I make the cashew cheese, the sauce, and the crust. It takes a couple days since the dough rests in the fridge overnight.

The other is pizza toast.

Pizza toast is a slice of toasted sandwich bread slathered with pizza sauce and grated Parmesan (the stuff in the green can), stuck under the broiler until the cheese is toasted. If you don’t have canned pizza sauce, simmer some tomatoes and herbs, then throw that in a blender.

To be honest, I prefer the pizza toast.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Okay, I am going to own up to this: I have two methods of making pizza. The first one is a vegan pizza with everything from scratch. I make the cashew cheese, the sauce, and the crust. It takes a couple days since the dough rests in the fridge overnight.

The other is pizza toast.

Pizza toast is a slice of toasted sandwich bread slathered with pizza sauce and grated Parmesan (the stuff in the green can), stuck under the broiler until the cheese is toasted. If you don’t have canned pizza sauce, simmer some tomatoes and herbs, then throw that in a blender.

To be honest, I prefer the pizza toast.

I like making pizza grilled cheese sandwiches :p
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    We just did naan pizza the other night for dinner because I didn't get the roast thawed out early enough for pot roast lol. I am lazy and just do jarred marinara, mozzarella and pepperoni
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    ironhajee wrote: »
    Yes that the word I was looking for was "flatbread" my grocery stores near me seem to never be in stock so I must settle with the fluffier more processed naan bread, it's Still savoury and delicious though because when is pizza not right?

Mmm that sounds like alot of heckin' yums!

Naan is a flatbread and it may or may not be any more processed than what you were looking for. That said, I would suggest trying to make your own pita, in only for the likely superior taste and because it's not especially hard. It also doesn't take very long.