Lost 3kg in 3 weeks!

Hey guys, I've been using Myfitness pal on and off for years now. I am one of those people that exercises 4 times a week regularly (usually I do 45 mins of spinning on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with 60 mins of body pump on a Tuesday and on a Saturday I do 3x 45 mins of spinning in a row - then after each spinning session I do some ab workouts) and have been doing so for the past 3 years. I know my problem was my diet as to why I was not loosing any weight, I would usually eat very healthy and balanced during the week, then when it would come to the weekends I would gorge, it's been like that for a while now. Anyway I am on day 17 of logging and it's going really well, I am feeling less hungry after exercising (which is always a plus for me) and my portions have naturally got smaller, I am allowing myself one day of the week where I can have something un-healthy so that I don't fall into the pit of doom and go on a 3 day binge. I have thankfully lost 3kg so far! My starting out weight was 88kg and I now weigh 85kg - my goal weight is 75kg! So only 10kg to go! Any tips from anyone for the next few weeks so that I can hopefully hit my goal and does anyone know on how to maintain weight once you get to your goal?

Replies

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Hi! Maybe post this in the Losing weight thread may get you more answers...but my tips would be just to keep tracking your food as honestly as possible. The closer you get to goal weight is usually the hardest I think from a mental aspect. Use a food scale rather than measuring cups/spoons if you aren't already. But pretty much just making sure you are sticking to what you are doing that has got you this far.

When you get to your goal...set your MFP goal to "maintain." You can either eat the calories it gives you right away, if you don't mind seeing a superficial scale jump. That will normalize as your body gets used to the extra calories. Just make sure your activity level remains consistent. Or you can slowly increase your calories over a few weeks to minize scale impact if you are that concerned over it.

Hope that helped!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Well done on a great loss so far, 10kgs is just over 20lbs to go to your goal so it'll need to be slower from now in, 1lb/0.5kg a week - helps preserve muscle loss which happens when weight loss is fast.
    You're doing great, weekends used to be my issue as well - I always banked extra calories and still do even in maintenance to cover weekend eating.