What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Arby's turkey sliders without cheese

1 slider is 160 calories sans cheese and has 11g protien

I find myself stopping by on my way home 3 or 4 times a week to get one of these; its so bad that the employees know me and my order as I walk in the door!

What kind of bread is used for bun?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Roasted butternut squash with coarse sea salt!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Roasted butternut squash with coarse sea salt!

Same here minus the salt! I make it in the air fryer.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    An Asian market find, yellow sriracha sauce. It's spicy and a little sweet, almost citrusy, and a bit different than the usual red variety. I've been putting it on almost everything:

nrwkl86vhg5y.jpg

Interesting. Is this like those spicy mustard packets you get when you order chinese takeout?
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Avocados.

Not calorie cheap but feels like 3x calories it is.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Avocados.

Not calorie cheap but feels like 3x calories it is.

My wife said she was going to try making healthy mashed potatoes. She made cauliflower mash with avocados. It was really good if you got past the green vomit color. It just was a shame it had 3x the calories as my naked mashed baked potato with just a tiny bit of salt, pepper,and butter.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls.. and going to make a new batch tomorrow
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    An Asian market find, yellow sriracha sauce. It's spicy and a little sweet, almost citrusy, and a bit different than the usual red variety. I've been putting it on almost everything:

nrwkl86vhg5y.jpg

Interesting. Is this like those spicy mustard packets you get when you order chinese takeout?

Not really, it's more like a sweeter version of sriracha.
  • pancakerunner
    edited October 2019

nrwkl86vhg5y.jpg

Like a salsa verde? well, salsa amarillo :D
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Belly pork and Mhadur Jaffrey’s vindaloo recipe. Takes a while but wow! You can find the recipe on YouTube.
  • fitness9656
    fitness9656 Posts: 15 Member
    Truffles. I've discovered them a few months ago and I can't stop. They're worse than crack for me and I'm now broke because of them. I don't care, anything I think about is how to get more money to buy truffles.
  • emma_victoria86
    emma_victoria86 Posts: 13 Member
    Peanut butter and loads of it
  • pancakerunner
    Smoked salmon cream cheese. I have no clue how I have managed to not go nuts on it, because I want to grab a spoon and eat ot like ice cream. 🤤

I love it wrapped in nori sheets
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Sitting here in a middle eastern “street food” restauarant. Must learn how to make this magical thing called baba ganoush!!!!!! I’m still trying to figure out how I just ate a massive filling dinner and still have hundreds of calories left over. And I was pretty brutal logging all this in. Falafel with chopped veggies and baba ganoush over rice, with a fluffy pita on the side. Need to take a closer look at this cuisine.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,377 Member
    Built bars (google it) for after a workout

Okay, so I started getting ads for Built Bars and gave in to curiosity with a build your own 18 box of double chocolate, mint chocolate brownie and chocolate orange.

These bad boys are unlike any protein product I have ever had. Awesome gooey texture (like a milky way almost) and no weird metallic or chalky flavors like I've tasted before. Not too sweet, either.

I went back today and ordered an 18 box of chocolate Mocha and another build your own 18 box of double chocolate, salted Caramel and chocolate raspberry.
  • Chris144mph
    Chris144mph Posts: 66 Member
    Rice Cakes! Flavoured with sour cream, marmite, salt & Vinegar or dipped in dark chocolate... I can't get enough! 😂
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Gumbo! I could eat it every day and be happy. I'm craving it right now but I'm not planning to make it for a week or so since the family isn't in the mood haha
  • pancakerunner
    Nothing special... but I've been making homemade butter recently and loving it
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Maple/Pumpkin Pie Spice Chaffles. Will settle for plain, but like to experiment with extracts and spices.