The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Goodnight. Its bedtime for me. Just after midnight, but I'm sure I should be getting more rest than this.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Happy Friday!
  • reggiedrum
    reggiedrum Posts: 21 Member
    It is a Happy Friday. 33 days and 16.2 fewer pounds. Was trying to do 15 lbs in 30 days. Unfortunately I have a weakness for Halloween candy.

1st 5k = 9 days away 😄
  • dlykens2
    dlykens2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all!

I'm 55 and struggling to lose weight.... Just two years ago, I went on a mission to get in shape. I lost 45#s and was never so fit in my life! Unfortunately, I also broke my wrist and it took a whole year to get complete function of it again :(
    I really want to get back in the saddle again, but have up and down motivational days.... Please add me to the group... thank you!!
  • kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2019
    Good Morning, At my best this year I was down to 210, lately I have been feeling really fat and out of shape(7 weeks of surgery recovery) I weighed myself this morning, which I really didn't want to do ! I weighed in at 218 so I don't feel to far gone. Not sure why I felt the need to post this other than the fact that my cats didn't seem to care when I told them :open_mouth:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Good Morning, At my best this year I was down to 210, lately I have been feeling really fat and out of shape(7 weeks of surgery recovery) I weighed myself this morning, which I really didn't want to do ! I weighed in at 218 so I don't feel to far gone. Not sure why I felt the need to post this other than the fact that my cats didn't seem to care when I told them :open_mouth:

Cats are like that eh?

I'd you've been recovering from surgery then you probably expected some blobbiness. Hope you can get back on track easily. I've been particularly blobby lately. I had surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm working on rehabbing that and doing whatever I can.
  • wagmtcocom_pb
    wagmtcocom_pb Posts: 11 Member
    Off I go again. I feel like I am on a hamster wheel. I have been a fitness member for a very long time but today I paid $50 for a full year of premium membership. I wish everyone the best.
  • allisonshaw710
    allisonshaw710 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi - I am 40. I have been on this journey for my entire adult life (basically gaining and losing 20-30 lbs every few years). Hoping to make it stick this time around!
  • Countryboy72
    Countryboy72 Posts: 90 Member
    Hello all I’m 47 and have been heavy since I was about six years old. I have finally decided to make time for myself and get healthier in mind and body. I could use all the support I can get in this new chapter of my life. Feel free to send me a friend request, like to meet new people and make friends.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    reggiedrum wrote: »
    It is a Happy Friday. 33 days and 16.2 fewer pounds. Was trying to do 15 lbs in 30 days. Unfortunately I have a weakness for Halloween candy.

1st 5k = 9 days away 😄

Congratulations! Good luck on your 5K.
  • cdubks88
    Hi - I am 40. I have been on this journey for my entire adult life (basically gaining and losing 20-30 lbs every few years). Hoping to make it stick this time around!

You can do it. It does require a lot of discipline, but there's a lot of great folks here for support. Log everything and find accountability partners to help you along the way.

Good luck!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Hi....I'm 49 and holding...til June....lol
    Love to have so friends to hold me accountable...I have MS and I'm trying to manage my symptoms through diet and limited exercise...add me if you want a new buddy!
  • cdubks88
    Hello all I’m 47 and have been heavy since I was about six years old. I have finally decided to make time for myself and get healthier in mind and body. I could use all the support I can get in this new chapter of my life. Feel free to send me a friend request, like to meet new people and make friends.

Great decision. There are plenty of great folks here to help support you along the way. Make sure to weigh and log everything and try to incorporate exercise when you can. It doesn't matter if it's small, not long, etc. More important to get yourself disciplined with it and eating.

Good luck!
  • kenthepainter2
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Cats are like that eh?

I'd you've been recovering from surgery then you probably expected some blobbiness. Hope you can get back on track easily. I've been particularly blobby lately. I had surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm working on rehabbing that and doing whatever I can.

I ll survive, when I get back to work thing will keep getting better, I'm a property maintenance man and get a lot of steps in everyday at work!
  • AliNouveau

Cats are like that eh?

I ll survive, when I get back to work thing will keep getting better, I'm a property maintenance man and get a lot of steps in everyday at work!

Well that's good. I might've misses something but what was your surgery for?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. A little humor to get the day started. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

fwgz9wooczcy.png

:D I can relate Jenni
    jnu1u0uqf3s6.jpg

Good morning middle-agers, happy weekend to you all 🙂
    It's goodnight from me 😴
  • AliNouveau
    Happy weekend middle agers. I woke up with my son's bug he's had all week. Hoping getting outside and active helps with that a bit.

Have a great day my middle aged buddie
  • kenthepainter2

Cats are like that eh?

Hip impingement and laberal tear
  • AliNouveau

Cats are like that eh?

Hip impingement and laberal tear

Walking would be good for that. When are you allowed back to normal activity
  • MCeeCee
    MCeeCee Posts: 25 Member
    Hello all! I turned 40 a few weeks ago. Looking forward to connecting. Feel free to add me. 😁