Do you wear you wedding ring to the gym?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Never wear mine, neither does my husband. My marriage means something, the ring means nothing.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Home gym but I take mine off because it affects my deadlift grip and I don’t want to scratch it to hell. The knurling on my bar is like a cheese grater lol

I think we have the same bar.

I wear three plain wedding bands on my right hand, my two grandmothers' and my mother's. The only time I take them off is for medical tests where they tell you to remove all metal. I use gloves to lift and the rings are covered by the partial finger on the gloves.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I wear mine everywhere (gym, work, night school). The only time I'll take it off is if I'm going to the happy hour at Applebee's.... 'cause, well, you never know when you might get lucky. 😲
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I wear mine everywhere (gym, work, night school). The only time I'll take it off is if I'm going to the happy hour at Applebee's.... 'cause, well, you never know when you might get lucky. 😲

Happy Hour at Applebee's = Slugfest
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    My husband lost his wedding ring while swimming in the sea. He was devastated. He ordered a new wedding band and had it engraved with the date of our marriage. He hardly ever wears it now for fear of losing it. I take mine off before going to the pool because it will slide off. So we both go to the same fitness center and go swimming without our wedding bands.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wear mine to the gym but then I don't lift heavy weights, whatever suits you is good and you don't need a wedding ring to put off possible 'hook ups'. Some still see a ring and hit on you, as long as you are up front and don't encourage them and flirt. Tell them nicely and carry on.