The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2019
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good Morning, At my best this year I was down to 210, lately I have been feeling really fat and out of shape(7 weeks of surgery recovery) I weighed myself this morning, which I really didn't want to do ! I weighed in at 218 so I don't feel to far gone. Not sure why I felt the need to post this other than the fact that my cats didn't seem to care when I told them :open_mouth:

Cats are like that eh?

I'd you've been recovering from surgery then you probably expected some blobbiness. Hope you can get back on track easily. I've been particularly blobby lately. I had surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm working on rehabbing that and doing whatever I can.

I ll survive, when I get back to work thing will keep getting better, I'm a property maintenance man and get a lot of steps in everyday at work!

Well that's good. I might've misses something but what was your surgery for?

Hip impingement and laberal tear

Walking would be good for that. When are you allowed back to normal activity

3-4 months post surgery, so probably sometime in Jan.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Good Morning, At my best this year I was down to 210, lately I have been feeling really fat and out of shape(7 weeks of surgery recovery) I weighed myself this morning, which I really didn't want to do ! I weighed in at 218 so I don't feel to far gone. Not sure why I felt the need to post this other than the fact that my cats didn't seem to care when I told them :open_mouth:

Cats are like that eh?

I'd you've been recovering from surgery then you probably expected some blobbiness. Hope you can get back on track easily. I've been particularly blobby lately. I had surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm working on rehabbing that and doing whatever I can.

I ll survive, when I get back to work thing will keep getting better, I'm a property maintenance man and get a lot of steps in everyday at work!

Oh geez that must be torture
    I see my surgeon in a few weeks for my shoulder follow up. I'm going to beg him to give me permission to curl in January.
  • kenthepainter2

Cats are like that eh?

I see my surgeon in a few weeks for my shoulder follow up. I'm going to beg him to give me permission to curl in January.

Curling looks interesting l'd like to try it once, there is a curling club in my town
  • AliNouveau

Cats are like that eh?

Curling looks interesting l'd like to try it once, there is a curling club in my town

You should try. Its fun and super social so they are always very welcoming and heck after any game you are expected to have drinks and socialize
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Sunday middle agers!!!

What's up for you all today. It's a beautiful sunny Sunday here. Chilly but hey it's Canada. Today I'm taking my son to his curling lesson and I'm going to be sad that I don't get to get on the ice too. Maybe in a couple of weeks when I'm cleared to use resistance and some weights. It will be an exciting day i tell ya!!!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Getting ready to watch some football today. Went for a longish run yesterday so today is more of a rest day for me. Tough to work out after running. I do still like to get out once in awhile though, nothing feels as good as a nice run even though I pay the price for a few days.
  • AliNouveau
    Getting ready to watch some football today. Went for a longish run yesterday so today is more of a rest day for me. Tough to work out after running. I do still like to get out once in awhile though, nothing feels as good as a nice run even though I pay the price for a few days.

As much as I hate running I miss it. It is really the only cardio that makes me really feel like I'm working hard. Ya it might hurt a bit after but it feels like such a sense of accomplishment right after.
  • kenthepainter2

Cats are like that eh?

You should try. Its fun and super social so they are always very welcoming and heck after any game you are expected to have drinks and socialize

I am in Wisconsin, so I'm sure they have beer there !
  • AliNouveau

Cats are like that eh?

I am in Wisconsin, so I'm sure they have beer there !

And I am sure there's lots of curling!!!
    The experienced curlers get their beer in plastic cups to take out to the ice with them. Usually the skips do this because they have lots of standing around time and if the other skip isn't chatty it's boring as heck. I've had to skip....I will watch another sheet playing if the other skip isn't chatty haha
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    Good Sunday morning all! Typical soaking wet, cool November morning here on the WA coast. Not the greatest outdoor excerise weather today for sure, but maybe this afternoon for a little bit! Kind of big day for me, today marks 29 years of being friends with Bill W.... Coupled with a nice scale reading today, I'm a pretty happy camper. I hope most of you can experience some happy today!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    Congratulations on your anniversary and starting your fourth decade. You are one year and one day farther than someone who's important in my life, and I'm happy for him, too. And kudos on the good scale. But just ignore the rain, get on some waterproof breathable gear, and get out there! Walking in the rain can be really fun. Hot soup when you get home? Makes it even better. We're pretty far behind on precip so far -- I kind of hope it starts soon even though I'm enjoying the unseasonable sun.
  • AliNouveau
    steeliebob wrote: »
    Good Sunday morning all! Typical soaking wet, cool November morning here on the WA coast. Not the greatest outdoor excerise weather today for sure, but maybe this afternoon for a little bit! Kind of big day for me, today marks 29 years of being friends with Bill W.... Coupled with a nice scale reading today, I'm a pretty happy camper. I hope most of you can experience some happy today!!

Hey congrats on the hat milestone how awesome. My grandfather was friends with Bill W for well over 30 years by the time he died. It's a fabulous accomplishment. Sounds like you've got all sorts of good stuff to celebrate today
  • LukerPslim
    LukerPslim Posts: 199 Member
    Hey everyone. I have been on here for a while, but my run has been up and down. I had some travel for work and some other things that have challenged me, but I want to get back in the swing. Feel free to add me. I hope to get through the holidays in a little better shape this year.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I thought I had an operation scheduled for this Monday. I was waiting for my insurers to confirm payment. I contacted them 14 days ago.

They still haven't confirmed it, apparently waiting for information from my doctor's typing pool. The pool have had the letter for at least 5 days, but have not typed it yet. The doctor's office cannot hurry the process, as it's an external company.

The upshot is I still have no idea if it will approved, or if it is when it can be scheduled,

And the insurers have denied the request. So it's unclear if I can get my scuba depth limit removed without it hitting my wallet in a quite a big way.

• AliNouveau
    I thought I had an operation scheduled for this Monday. I was waiting for my insurers to confirm payment. I contacted them 14 days ago.

They still haven't confirmed it, apparently waiting for information from my doctor's typing pool. The pool have had the letter for at least 5 days, but have not typed it yet. The doctor's office cannot hurry the process, as it's an external company.

The upshot is I still have no idea if it will approved, or if it is when it can be scheduled,

And the insurers have denied the request. So it's unclear if I can get my scuba depth limit removed without it hitting my wallet in a quite a big way.

Oh man that's not good. Can you appeal the insurance company? I don't know how it works there
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member

What is your current depth limit? It's a drag to have a limit, but there's lots to see without going below 100 feet or even below 60-80 feet. I have a self-imposed 60 foot limit when I dive solo. I will push that a LITTLE bit if there's a good reason, but I no longer go to 90 by myself. Just not worth the risk.

I hope you get a resolution and can get the limit removed, and I hope it's not that expensive.
  • Emmafire
    Emmafire Posts: 869 Member
    Why do I feel old all the sudden with this post 😂 35 here
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2019
    mtaratoot wrote: »

What is your current depth limit? It's a drag to have a limit, but there's lots to see without going below 100 feet or even below 60-80 feet. I have a self-imposed 60 foot limit when I dive solo. I will push that a LITTLE bit if there's a good reason, but I no longer go to 90 by myself. Just not worth the risk.

I hope you get a resolution and can get the limit removed, and I hope it's not that expensive.

The depth limit is 15 metres equivalent nitrogen depth. So I can get to 20 metres on 36% nitrox.

In the UK, a load of decent wrecks start at about 20 metres, so although there is stuff I can do, it is quite limiting. I don't think I can get insurance for overseas diving without the operation.

I can't appeal the decision. So I have 3 choices:
    1 Carry on as now, with not much diving
    2 Self fund. I can afford it, but it's a similar level of expense as a new car
    3 See if I can get it on the NHS. It's not routinely covered, do it would need to be done as a training exercise for juniors. This route may not be possible, and will have a long waiting list (maybe a year).

I'm leaning towards self funding, as I want to dive North Norway next year.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Hello, 48 years old here. :)