lifting for women and calories:D

2»

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    @bellacelina2 - the reason I said you might not be able to get to that weight is because we all differ. There are petite people who don’t naturally carry much muscle or who are “longer limbed” than others, whereas I’m pretty stout and pear shaped so I would have to lose an unhealthy amount of weight to get lean looking legs (instead I play to my strengths and use my generous thighs to lift!). Women need a certain amount of body fat to be healthy, going below a certain percentage can interfere with your periods. That can then lead to brittle bones and other issues, not to mention your hair falling out and being cold all the time. So please think carefully about your aims: there is nothing wrong at all in wanting to rock a hot body, but it has to be hot for YOU - you can’t force yourself into someone else’s shape.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited November 2019
    I would echo what the previous posters have said about rocking the body you have. There are plenty of people in the world with lovely bodies and small frames. I am not one of them. By measure of my wrists over the bone, I have a large frame for a woman. At 146#, I am technically "over weight" per BMI at 5'4, but my body fat percentage would be 18% which is in the athletic range. I *look* proportionately thin at that weight, but my measurements are 37" bust, 28" waist, 39" hips. My waist will never be smaller than 28 inches, because my frame is broad. Even at 130 pounds, when I didn't like pictures of myself because I looked too skinny, I had a 28" waist. What the eye perceives has very little to do with what the scale says. Be proportionate for your frame and healthy for your genetic makeup, and you will be beautiful. The different densities of what each of us is made of makes scale comparisons largely irrelevant.