12:00am not the end of my day!

Hello all, I work nights so I don't have a normal eating schedule. Can I make my calorie count start and end when I want, or will it always reset at midnight?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Depends where you live - my MFP resets at 10 a.m.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    You can change your time zone to a different timezone, so that your day ends whenever you choose it to end. For exame, if you want your day to end at 8am your time, choose a time zone that is 8 hours behind yours.
  • rickybull1322
    rickybull1322 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you. I had thought about changing the time zone, but wanted the time stamps to be accurate. I think I'm going to use a zone with a 12 hr difference and call it good. Thanks again.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    You can do as others said, but theoretically, it won't really matter. You could always look at your week outlook and see if you were overall in a calorie deficit which is all that really matters if you are trying to lose weight.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Also, you can still log meals and snacks to the previous day after midnight. I do it all the time.
  • foreverblissful
    foreverblissful Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2019
    Also, you can still log meals and snacks to the previous day after midnight. I do it all the time.

Yeah to add on the previous comment, you can change the name of the meal setup from your standard “Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack” to something like “Snack 2, Lunch, Breakfast, Snack 1, Dinner” or whatever suits you. This way you would be logging your meals on separate days, yes, but it wouldn’t matter in theory and would still be listed in sequence and level out over the course of a week or so.
  • NancyJrny
    NancyJrny Posts: 2 Member
    I also work the overnight shift (12hr 3 days a week) and I count my day from when I get up (late afternoon) to when I get home from work (730 am). So my breakfast is 4pm, lunch is 10pm & supper is 2am.
  • CarbsAndCompounds
    CarbsAndCompounds Posts: 281 Member
    I also work nights. If my diary changes to a new day, I just go back a day and add in food.