Continue to loose fat or strength train?

RJBFiero
RJBFiero Posts: 3 Member
First a little background. At my heaviest I was 360 lbs. in March of 2018 I started my new nutrition planar 330 lbs. I am currently 220lbs I feel great. I’ve been strength training mostly with dumbbells. I seen some great gains in my shoulders and big gains in my biceps.

Thing is I’ve not been eating for gains. I’m doing on average 200g protein, 50g fat, 100g carbs, 10g creatinine 1000 cal a day I walk on average 15 miles a day at work.

The thing is I don’t want to gain fat. I know I need to eat the cal the fat and carbs along with fiber. I want this gut gone I’m sick of the fat I want the loose skin gone. But I am in love with lifting weights I am loving the burn and reping out to failure. It’s so satisfying I’m also getting closer to my dad which is great he’s 70 years old with 18 inch arms fitness has always been a huge part of his life and now we are bonding more than we ever have. I just turned 43 I know I can still get huge at my age I just don’t want to waste time on the loosing fat. People say you can’t loose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited November 2019
    RJBFiero wrote: »
    People say you can’t loose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

This is NOT true, especially if you are a newbie to lifting and still have wt/fat to lose and have never lifted weights to gain muscle b4.

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Read your title, replace the "or" with "and," and read it again.

Sounds like you're on the right track; nothing to stop you from doing both!