FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE 2019 (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER) A Continuation

Replies

• whitewave39
    whitewave39 Posts: 118 Member
    FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE 2019 (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER)

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL), Aug : 186.8
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 187

Sept.2: 183.6
    Sept. 9: 184.6 (I believe this is actually correct...got a new scale last week, was not calibrated correctly! 😡)
    Sept.16: 184.6 ...weighed in again today (Sept. 20) scale said: 182.2!! so...I'm very happy about this! 😁 I'll try again on Mon., the 23rd...
    Sept.23: 181.6 (I am more used to weighing myself on Fridays so I will probably be posting to my updates here 2x per week...if I keep that up! So far, I'm doing OK... 😉 ...On Friday Sept. 27 I weighed in @ 180.6.~ lost another pound!! yea!
    Sept.30: 181.6 ...Well, that's kinda disappointing! I think it's partly due to swelling in my ankles, plus extra calories yesterday, AND most of all a real lack of exercise last week! But no worries here...I've hit plateaus before! I'll just keep on keepin' on!! Here's to a better week, right?!? 😉

Sept. Goal: by the 30th I want to be down to 180.
    Sept. Actual: 181.6 (loss of 5.4 lbs)

Oct 7: (will weigh in for this date when the time comes) Today, the 4th, I weighed in @ 179.6! So it pays to PAY ATTENTION,. .....right?!? LOL ....weighed in again today, Monday, the 7th ~ still @ 179.6. I was hoping to lose that ".6" over the weekend...but who can resist homemade mac'n'cheese??! Oh well...back to the treadmill...onward and downward, as they say.... 💪
    Oct 14: OK...so here it is, Friday 11 Oct ~ weighing in @ 177.6! lost another 2 lbs!!! 😁 See you all on Monday! ...~~ And now it's Monday the 14th, so once again....GOOD NEWS for yours truly: 176.8 lbs! I am feeling REALLY good about all this....lost 10.2 lbs, very hopeful about making my goal by the end of the year!
    Oct 21: And now, for my Friday weigh-in, I am now down another 1/2 lb: 176.2. ...very encouraging! I've lost 1.5 lbs in the past week, even tho' I have not had a chance to do any real workout in the past few days. But today will be different, I have promised myself! I am home all day so there is NO excuse! ...and I will see how Monday's results shape up... ... ... Monday, the 21st: OUCH!! Today, Monday Oct 21 ~ UP a pound. weighed in this morning @ 177.2...I knew that 2nd cupcake yesterday was a mistake, but how many times does my youngest turn 31yo, right? 🎂 ...I don't see myself making my Oct goal of 175 lbs, but we shall see...I still have over a week til then, so maybe if I FOCUS this week I can come close! (even tho next week I have my granddaughter's b*day party ~ turning 8yo, born on Halloween 🎃) ...I will be more careful...
    Oct 28: And here we are, on Friday 25 Oct, with my usual end-of-week post: This morning I came in @ 176.2 ~ so I lost that lb that was nagging at my conscience all week!! haha Big family get-together this Sunday @ my sister's house, so I will have to be especially diligent. *fingers crossed* ..... Monday, the 28th: 176.2 lbs. I am not gonna be disappointed about this ~ didn't gain, didn't lose (since Friday) and just relieved that I maintained yesterday @ the party! Only ONE slice of pizza...lol. The trouble with parties is this: the company is a delight. The food is delicious...but...I never know the count on anything!! 😱 ...but it was wonderful to see everybody! 😍 ...so I don't care lol.

Oct goal: 175
    Oct actual: 174.4 (loss of another 7.2 lbs) 😂

Nov. 4: Today, Friday Nov 1 ~ weighed in this morning @ 174.4!! So I made my goal after all...and then some! It was a bit of a surprise ~ but a happy one. No one was home last night so I have no idea if we had any beggars or not...but we had no candy to give out because of other plans. And now I discovered a huge bag of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter brought home from a friend's house! I will just NOT snack too much on that. LOL ... 🎃🍫🍭....And once again, it's weigh-in day: Monday Nov 4 ~ down to 173 lbs!! so happy and proud of myself (if I may be allowed to boast here LOL) ...another birthday yesterday ~ my granddaughter turned 8yo on Halloween, so once again, cupcakes & IC all around! It was lots of fun 😂 but, remembering last week I made sure to hold back on those extra treats, and now it's paid off! kinda proud of myself .... 🤣...

Nov. 11: Today is actually Sunday Nov 10, but I'm logging in early (rather late cuz I wasn't here on Friday) but I'm still @ 173lbs. I was holding more than usual on Friday ~ actually went UP 2lbs due to not enough working out, water weight, probably those darned cupcakes sitting on the kitchen counter all week(even tho' I counted them as meals, not snacks: eat one, skip lunch 😖) ~ so I decided to weigh myself a day early just to check up on myself. So, I'm happy that I lost those 2lbs but I still wish I could be lighter than this. I feel like this past week has been a waste.... from now on NO MORE CUPCAKES. ...even if they get thrown OUT! 😡
    Nov. 18: It is the morning of Friday, Nov. 16. This is SO DEPRESSING! I weighed in @ 173.8 lbs. ...I have not lost a single ounce; as a matter of fact, I have gained nearly a lb back! And I was sure to get in a couple of workouts, I was as careful as possible counting my caloric intake...I've hit plateaus before, but THIS is RIDICULOUS! From now on, I am doing a workout every single day (except Sundays) & I'll see if that helps! (I don't even think I lost any inches, either!! 😭) But I am NOT giving up!! And I'll check in again on Monday, the 18th...hopefully with better news!
    Nov. 25:

Nov. Goal: 168 *revised*
    Nov. Actual:

Weight lost this week:
    Challenge weight loss goal: 20-25lbs (my own goal ~ 20lbs)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    Nov. 18: It is the morning of Friday, Nov. 16. This is SO DEPRESSING! I weighed in @ 173.8 lbs. ...I have not lost a single ounce; as a matter of fact, I have gained nearly a lb back! And I was sure to get in a couple of workouts, I was as careful as possible counting my caloric intake...I've hit plateaus before, but THIS is RIDICULOUS! From now on, I am doing a workout every single day (except Sundays) & I'll see if that helps! (I don't even think I lost any inches, either!! 😭) But I am NOT giving up!! And I'll check in again on Monday, the 18th...hopefully with better news!

The good news is November 16 isn't until tomorrow, and November 18 is still a few days away. Keep at it and check back in. Is there a chance you are underestimating your intake? That will DEFINITELY get in the way of weight loss. Keep at it! You can do this.

• whitewave39
    whitewave39 Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2019
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL), Aug : 186.8
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 187

Sept.2: 183.6
    Sept. 9: 184.6 (I believe this is actually correct...got a new scale last week, was not calibrated correctly! 😡)
    Sept.16: 184.6 ...weighed in again today (Sept. 20) scale said: 182.2!! so...I'm very happy about this! 😁 I'll try again on Mon., the 23rd...
    Sept.23: 181.6 (I am more used to weighing myself on Fridays so I will probably be posting to my updates here 2x per week...if I keep that up! So far, I'm doing OK... 😉 ...On Friday Sept. 27 I weighed in @ 180.6.~ lost another pound!! yea!
    Sept.30: 181.6 ...Well, that's kinda disappointing! I think it's partly due to swelling in my ankles, plus extra calories yesterday, AND most of all a real lack of exercise last week! But no worries here...I've hit plateaus before! I'll just keep on keepin' on!! Here's to a better week, right?!? 😉

Sept. Goal: by the 30th I want to be down to 180.
    Sept. Actual: 181.6 (loss of 5.4 lbs)

Oct 7: (will weigh in for this date when the time comes) Today, the 4th, I weighed in @ 179.6! So it pays to PAY ATTENTION,. .....right?!? LOL ....weighed in again today, Monday, the 7th ~ still @ 179.6. I was hoping to lose that ".6" over the weekend...but who can resist homemade mac'n'cheese??! Oh well...back to the treadmill...onward and downward, as they say.... 💪
    Oct 14: OK...so here it is, Friday 11 Oct ~ weighing in @ 177.6! lost another 2 lbs!!! 😁 See you all on Monday! ...~~ And now it's Monday the 14th, so once again....GOOD NEWS for yours truly: 176.8 lbs! I am feeling REALLY good about all this....lost 10.2 lbs, very hopeful about making my goal by the end of the year!
    Oct 21: And now, for my Friday weigh-in, I am now down another 1/2 lb: 176.2. ...very encouraging! I've lost 1.5 lbs in the past week, even tho' I have not had a chance to do any real workout in the past few days. But today will be different, I have promised myself! I am home all day so there is NO excuse! ...and I will see how Monday's results shape up... ... ... Monday, the 21st: OUCH!! Today, Monday Oct 21 ~ UP a pound. weighed in this morning @ 177.2...I knew that 2nd cupcake yesterday was a mistake, but how many times does my youngest turn 31yo, right? 🎂 ...I don't see myself making my Oct goal of 175 lbs, but we shall see...I still have over a week til then, so maybe if I FOCUS this week I can come close! (even tho next week I have my granddaughter's b*day party ~ turning 8yo, born on Halloween 🎃) ...I will be more careful...
    Oct 28: And here we are, on Friday 25 Oct, with my usual end-of-week post: This morning I came in @ 176.2 ~ so I lost that lb that was nagging at my conscience all week!! haha Big family get-together this Sunday @ my sister's house, so I will have to be especially diligent. *fingers crossed* ..... Monday, the 28th: 176.2 lbs. I am not gonna be disappointed about this ~ didn't gain, didn't lose (since Friday) and just relieved that I maintained yesterday @ the party! Only ONE slice of pizza...lol. The trouble with parties is this: the company is a delight. The food is delicious...but...I never know the count on anything!! 😱 ...but it was wonderful to see everybody! 😍 ...so I don't care lol.

Oct goal: 175
    Oct actual: 174.4 (loss of another 7.2 lbs)
    😂

Nov. 4: Today, Friday Nov 1 ~ weighed in this morning @ 174.4!! So I made my goal after all...and then some! It was a bit of a surprise ~ but a happy one. No one was home last night so I have no idea if we had any beggars or not...but we had no candy to give out because of other plans. And now I discovered a huge bag of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter brought home from a friend's house! I will just NOT snack too much on that. LOL ... 🎃🍫🍭....And once again, it's weigh-in day: Monday Nov 4 ~ down to 173 lbs!! so happy and proud of myself (if I may be allowed to boast here LOL) ...another birthday yesterday ~ my granddaughter turned 8yo on Halloween, so once again, cupcakes & IC all around! It was lots of fun 😂 but, remembering last week I made sure to hold back on those extra treats, and now it's paid off! kinda proud of myself .... 🤣...
    Nov 11: Today is actually Sunday Nov 10, but I'm logging in early (rather late cuz I wasn't here on Friday) but I'm still @ 173lbs. I was holding more than usual on Friday ~ actually went UP 2lbs due to not enough working out, water weight, probably those darned cupcakes sitting on the kitchen counter all week(even tho' I counted them as meals, not snacks: eat one, skip lunch 😖) ~ so I decided to weigh myself a day early just to check up on myself. So, I'm happy that I lost those 2lbs but I still wish I could be lighter than this. I feel like this past week has been a waste.... from now on NO MORE CUPCAKES. ...even if they get thrown OUT! 😡
    ....UPDATE: On Sunday, Nov 17, I weighed myself (a day early) cuz for some reason that plateau was really buggin' me & my weight was down to 171.2! So finally, I rested easier...and then ~ This morning, Monday Nov 18, I was up a lb again: 172.2...but I'm thinkin' it must be water weight, right?!? No matter, at least I'm DOWN!! ...'bout time! 😊...
    Nov. 25:

Nov. Goal: 168 *revised*
    Nov. Actual:

Challenge weight loss goal: 20-25lbs (my own goal ~ 20lbs)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member

Original starting weight (March 2013) - 175.4
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    August 30, 2019 starting weight - 146.0 (ten-day rolling average 146.7)
    Ultimate goal - Maintain around 143 (range between 140 - 150)

I had achieved my goal last Winter and gone into maintenance. I have mostly stayed within my goal range, but have bounced around a bit. Now as the seasons change again, a new maintenance challenge awaits. I'm sticking to it!

September 1: 143.0 (10-day average 145.8) This is the meteorological beginning of fall.
    September 2: 148.2 (10-day average 146.0) Look how the scale went up so much but the average just a little.
    September 9: 147.2 (10-day average 145.2)
    September 16: 144.0 (10-day average 144.4)
    September 23: 141.8 (10-day average 142.7) Equinox - astronomical start of fall. I am now at my goal weight.
    September 30: 139.4 (10-day average 141.4)
    September Goal: 143
    September Actual: I passed my goal and kept losing. Not a real problem yet, and I'm happy with it.

October 7: 139.2 (10-day average 140.0)
    October 14: 144.4 (10-day average 141.1)
    October 21: 142.2 (10-day average 142.4)
    October 28: 142.6 (10-day average 143.3)
    October 31 - 144.6 (10-day average 143.8)
    October Goal: 143
    October Actual: Uh oh. I am up from my monthly goal.

November 4: 146.0 (10-day average 143.8)
    November 11: 145.6 (10-day average 144.6) - checking in a day early this week as I'm going to be in a rush tomorrow at 05:30
    November 18: 143.6 (10-day average 144.8)
    November 25:

Weight lost this week: Scale says I lost about two full pounds, but my ten-day average is up a mote. My mass was slowly climbing from October 1 through about November 11 (yeah -- I am kind of glad I checked in a day early because that was a heavy day). I never got out of my, arguably large, maintenance range. I never even got up to where I let myself get in August. I've been managing to wrestle back to my goal the last seven days. I'm back near the bottom third of my goal range, and my weighted moving average weight is just a couple pounds over my goal. I hope to report that my trending weight is back at goal next week. Wish me luck, and I hope you find YOUR success this week, too.

November Goal: 143.0
    November Actual: By scale -- it's pretty much there. By average -- I got a little tiny bit left to go.

Challenge Weight loss goal: Range between 142-148
    Actual Weight loss for the challenge: I'm still in my goal range by scale and average, just not by as much as I prefer.