Most lost in a week?

2»

Replies

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I don't know what the fastest loss was. But as someone who did MFP and WW I lost best with the plan I could adhere to most. When I was consistent on WW I lost. When I'm consistent on MFP I lose. I'm following MFP as of now under RD recommendation, and the points system tells me nothing.

Factor in personal preference as well. If you think you eat healthier on WW do that. But you can choose to eat the same healthy foods following MFP as well.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't know about the most I've ever lost in a week; 2 lbs/week is a really big loss for me, but I'm not trying to lose aggressively either. I've done MFP for 3 or 4 years, and I was doing WW before that. I've lost better on MFP, but I don't think that's the actual program. Like New_Heavens_Earth said, it's a lot more about consistency, and I've been more consistent on MFP than I ever was on WW.

WW does push you toward healthier options, and if you like that and it doesn't make you feel deprived, that's a great way to go. (And if you do WW for a while and it does make you feel deprived, MFP will still be here.)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I lost 13 pounds overnight once. I put my glasses on and found 10 of them. 🤣🤣🤣
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I think first week I cut back on calories (Sept 3rdish) I lost 4lbs (But I know that was water from being "bad" all summer). Then 2 weeks ago I lost 2lbs, but then maintained the next week (even with a slight cut in calories) so I'm thinking "life" had something to do with that.

Fast doesn't win this race because the hardest part is when you have to maintain. It's a weird "mental" thing to do a cut, then have to eat a certain amount without going nuts and thinking "I'm thin now, I can finally eat". Mentally and physically, I'm fine eating 1300 calories/daily. Thinking about going up to 1800 without going over kinda makes me crazy. I always say "I'm great at losing and gaining, maintaining a happy medium isn't my strong suit".
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    my first week I dropped around 9 lbs..but i was super obese at that point and it was probably mostly water. I'm down 83 lbs from April, but I dropped way too fast in the first few months...I have since slowed it down but still averaging 1 lb or a little more a week. I feel so much better now upping the calories & carbs. For my last 17 lbs, I will slow it down even further. If my calculations are right, I should be down 100 lbs at my year anniversary...if I'm not, no big deal at all. I'm extremely happy with my progress either way.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    I plateaued for ages and then suddenly dropped 5kg overnight. Does that count? Wasn’t doing any extreme dieting. Sometimes you just get that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!