infestuus wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ellie117 wrote: »
    katermari wrote: »
    1100 Calories is WAY too little.
    is there a reason as to why you want to be so small
    i am 1.60cm so having 10kg in plus makes me look like an elephant. i want to look healthy and feel better about myself.

I had to google conversions because I'm a dumb American, but at 160cm your lowest weight to be healthy per the BMI scale is 48kg - and that's the absolute minimum. You can be healthy still at 61kg. I would suggest picking a point in the 50kg-60kg range as your end weight goal, and not go lower. It will take time to get there, especially if you only have 10kg to lose. Judge your progress in terms of months, not weeks. Build healthy habits and ensure you are providing your body with the adequate food it needs to perform its daily functions plus your activity levels.
    i know 48-49kg is the ideal weight for me and i know it will take months and months to achieve that since i am not an active person and will try to do it all by dieting. i am also after building healthy habits. i just never cared about what i eat and how my body looks until now. i didn’t know what’s good and what’s bad for me. i want to learn.

You know what's a healthy habit? Eating enough. Healthy weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint; and someone who undereats may feel fine until they really, really don't, by which time any damage has already been done.

If you want to do this in the healthiest possible way, then eat at least 1200 calories, including plenty of protein (which you can get from animal products, soy, beans and tofu) and fats (oily fish such as salmon is good). And try to get at least some exercise, even if it's only a bit of walking. Exercise is good for your heart and lungs, and can help you feel happier too.

(I am also curious as to how you 'know' that the lowest possible healthy weight for someone of your height is the 'ideal' weight for you, but that's a slightly different conversation)
    body mass index. a short woman over 60-65 kilograms is fat, let’s not deny that.

Body mass index may well say that a short woman over 60 kg is fat, but it is a LONG way from there to deciding that you have to weigh 48 kg.

What’s wrong with, say, 55 kg? Why are you so certain that that isn’t the weight at which you’ll be most healthy?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    According to the BMI chart, at 1.6 meters, 55 kg would be just barely lower than the middle of the healthy range.
    According to a random tdee chart, an average 22-year old female 1.6 meters tall weighing 55 kg should eat about 1981 calories to maintain their weight if they are as active as an average 22 year old. If you have very little weight to lose, you don’t need to eat many calories lower than that to lose in a healthy manner.
    I never saw in your posts how much you weigh now.
    It would be healthy to aim for a balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates at every meal.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I remember being at my lowest weight, eating 500 calories a day and walking 4 miles a day. I was able to maintain that for about a month before feeling the side affects such as dizziness, heart palpitations, severe hunger, and loss of hair. I wanted to do too much too fast. I could see my hip bones, my rib bones, I was ecstatic! I felt great! Or so I thought. :( People were talking about me behind my back, wondering if I was okay, had health issues such as cancer or anorexia.
    Now, I eat healthy, track calories and exercise with MFP and take in around 1200 calories a day. This a.m. I had a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and chopped apples(one of my fav breakfasts)and now having 1/2 no fat plain yogurt to give my protein a boost. Plus a cup of coffee.
    At each meal I eat between 300-400 calories plus have little snacks, depending on calories left for the day.
    Think of healthy foods you like and try to incorporate those into meals. I stay very basic in my food selections such as green salads with chopped tomato and chunks of chicken, covered with low fat dressing, some fruit. My indulgence is Italian bread with peanut butter.
    YOU need to figure out what you like and add the healthy foods to your 'can eat' list.
    You'll get there, just don't go extreme and lose steam, like I did. That'll get you someplace fast and back again because it's not someplace you can stay for long. Good luck!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Work on getting more protein. Greek yogurt, nuts, cheese, chicken, pork, red meat, eggs are all good sources of protein. This will also help you meet your calorie goal and help maintain your muscle mass. Do not go too low on your fats, as that is what can cause hair loss, bad skin and hormone difficulties. Carbs are personal preference. Some people work better with a low carb diet. Personally, my diet is high in carbs because that's what works for me.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    i have been getting less than 500 calories for three days now and it doesn’t feel right at all, but at the same time i am not hungry. all that i think about is chocolate muffins and eclairs. although, i am now getting an idea of what i should be adding to my meals. i hope to eat at least 1100 calories tomorrow.
    thanks!
    I hope you've been doing well, eating well, staying on plan.

Don't worry about trying to eat 'perfectly'.

You have probably noticed by now that, if you've completely cut out eclairs and chocolate muffins, you will crave them.

Focus on calories, not too many, and certainly not too few, and leave room for foods you like. Have a chocolate muffin once in a while, it's fine as long as you're also eating nutritious foods.

Remember - everything in moderation.
    This also means not trying to lose too fast on too few calories.

This sounds trite, but, trust the process.