Lowest Cal Dressings?!

13»

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    If you like creamy stuff, I would use one tbsp lite mayo, 2 tsp of vinegar, and whatever herbs/spices/seasonings you like (plus salt and pepper)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Japanese tofu based dressings contain very little fat and have a creamy texture.

https://www.food.com/recipe/japanese-tofu-salad-dressing-208650
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    flotek72 wrote: »
    Do you have Walden Farms?

Except that their salad dressings are disgusting. Just horrible stuff.

It's not going to taste like something that has 120 calories, but it is decent enough to enjoy. To each their own.

But thats the thing. You CANNOT enjoy this unless your taste buds are shot. Its like tasting chemistry lab.
    There are plenty of low calorie dressing for 20cal/tbsp that actually taste good.

And the issue with this is that you can never just have 1 Tbsp. If you were to have just that, you might as well just put nothing on your salad. To even get a decent coating, we are talking about over 100cal on your salad. I'd rather taste "ok" flavored dressing than waste my calories on some other 20cal/Tbsp dressing. Face the facts, no one expects the best tasting ranch dressing in the world at 0 calories per serving, but it tastes okay enough to keep as an option.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Do you have Walden Farms?

Except that their salad dressings are disgusting. Just horrible stuff.

It's not going to taste like something that has 120 calories, but it is decent enough to enjoy. To each their own.

But thats the thing. You CANNOT enjoy this unless your taste buds are shot. Its like tasting chemistry lab.
    There are plenty of low calorie dressing for 20cal/tbsp that actually taste good.

And the issue with this is that you can never just have 1 Tbsp. If you were to have just that, you might as well just put nothing on your salad. To even get a decent coating, we are talking about over 100cal on your salad. I'd rather taste "ok" flavored dressing than waste my calories on some other 20cal/Tbsp dressing. Face the facts, no one expects the best tasting ranch dressing in the world at 0 calories per serving, but it tastes okay enough to keep as an option.

The purpose of a dressing is to enhance the taste of the salad NOT overpower all the veggies in there.

But if this is what you like, this is what you like. I am just stating my opinion.

And this is why I never ever use dressing on any salad if I’m the person I’m making it for! I want to taste the ingredients in my salad. I’ve never met a dressing that matches the natural flavours of beautiful tomatoes for example. If you lightly season your salad the salt will draw out a little of the juices of the salad vegetables and will basically dress itself.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2019
    I love a lot of the salad recipes from this website "Natasha's kitchen". E.g. https://natashaskitchen.com/avocado-corn-salad/

A lot of her salads use a simple vinaigrette of lemon or lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and some herbs (often dill or cilantro), then plenty of salt and pepper. They are pretty tasty and very simple. I will often reduce the oil a little bit as that is most of the calories but they are not bad at all when you scale it correctly for a single portion.

I also like that site in general for salad ideas as many of them aren't your typical lettuce/greens based salad but instead are just different combos of veggies etc. https://natashaskitchen.com/category/salad/
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    I made some this week with nonfat Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil. I don't know if it is actually the lowest cal but 1 oz or about two tablespoons is 48 calories, roughly 25% of store-bought. Details below
    1vw01d5eh572.jpg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    1.Walden’s dressing 0 cal

Ranch (eggy tasting yuck 🤢)
    Chipotle (yummy my personal favorite)
    Thousand Island (yummy)

There’s others but taste test until you find your flavor you like or make from scratch.

2.Powder ranch dressing (some use it ) 0cal good for chicken y baking.

3.Simple girl

4.Great Value (Walmart) light honey mustard dressing 90cal

5.3Zero dressing

6.Lots more even no dressing just add guacamole or nuts with fruit or apple slices or frying pan heat spinach in it becomes soft add it ,cucumber,y tomatoes 🍅. Honey mustard.

7. Homemade recipes look online
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    My current go-to is the juice of one lemon, 1 T olive oil, 1 t oregano, salt and pepper. I divide it into 4 servings.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sometimes I mix mayonnaise with an equal amount of salsa and use that for salad dressing. It is a little spicy and using salsa it makes it less calories since salsa is low calorie.