Most delicious “healthy” food

2»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Boneless garlic is not that "healthy." :wink:
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Yeah, but that stuff you get already de-boned just isn't as good as if you do it yourself.

Oh. Sorry. I forgot the [snark] and [/snark] tags. Forgive me. Or not :naughty:
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Hummus! I have to buy it in the pre-portioned packs or I go crazy with it.

Avocado, carrots, kale, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers - all delicious 😋
  • IkicaPlanina
    IkicaPlanina Posts: 10 Member
    Mandarin oranges, cherries, apricots, any fruit that can cover my sweet tooth and I don't have to eat chocolates
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Shrimp! So delicious, so little calories, so much protein.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,539 Member
    There is nothing I enjoy more than a big salad, always have, even as a child. Mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, red onion/spring onions, radishes, peppers etc. Give me a bowl of that and a fork and I’m happy!

The times in my life when I’ve forgotten the simple pleasures of that are the times the pounds have crept up on me.

I have almost that exact salad every day, but also add jicama, shredded carrots, parsley, and basil plus protein. Have a bunch of dressings to keep it interesting but that salad every day.

Things that I really like are butternut and acorn squash, oatmeal, baked apple, and Greek yogurt. I love roasted garlic or balsamic vegetables.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Those yellow sweet potatoes that don't have any stringy pulp in it.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Red bell peppers.

But my first thought when I read the title was plain greek yogurt with frozen blueberries.

And now I'm hungry!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    Rotisserie Chicken. Ate half of one for dinner.