New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered ice cream from "icecreamsource.com"? I am thinking of ordering a bunch of the Enlightened flavors I can never seem to find in the stores near me.

How was your experience? Did the pints arrive OK (i.e. not melted or refrozen)?

I’ve ordered from them a couple times and each time it’s been great! I live in Maryland so I’m not sure if that affects anything, but it all shipped on dry ice and arrived in better condition than I sometimes find in the store; I’ve gotten so many freezer burnt pints from Shoprite, but zero freezer burnt ones from ice cream source. I definitely recommend them! If you sign up for emails they’ll occasionally have promotions to make it a little more affordable :)

Thanks, will give them a try. I get so deflated when I sit down to a freezer burnt pint! Seems to happen often for me... I’ve started taking a cooler with me to the grocery store :blush:

So, I FINALLY ordered several flavors of Enlightened from icecreamsource.com. They arrived solid as a rock and full, definitely better than what you get in store! Thanks for the recommendation @hgycta

One weird thing though... they arrived completed solid and full (I could tell by squeezing the containers). However, after spending the night in my freezer they actually shrunk and ended up like how you get them sometimes at a grocery store. There was no freezer burn or crystallization so I still thoroughly enjoyed those I've tried but am curious what may be happening. I am sure there is some kind of physics at work here (going from colder to not as cold but still in the freezing range) - if you know what's going on with that I would love to know!

On a different topic...

I tried the new Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch High Protein Puffs (cheddar cheese flavor).

00817719020850_Explosion-1.jpg

They were great! You get quite a large serving and they are crunchy and flavorful... only 130 calories and 20g of protein. I am going to be getting these A LOT. A++
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2019
    0z3dwgn7wfue.jpeg
    8ic6dx98516i.jpeg
    5zggw1fr4pka.jpeg
    This company sends samples. They were like softer larabars. The coconut was the best because it was really soft.

The mango was good too. I enjoyed them but I have to be in the mood for the datey bars like this. They are less datey/nutty and more fruity/soft/sweet than latabars.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Has anyone ordered ice cream from "icecreamsource.com"? I am thinking of ordering a bunch of the Enlightened flavors I can never seem to find in the stores near me.

I’ve ordered from them a couple times and each time it’s been great! I live in Maryland so I’m not sure if that affects anything, but it all shipped on dry ice and arrived in better condition than I sometimes find in the store; I’ve gotten so many freezer burnt pints from Shoprite, but zero freezer burnt ones from ice cream source. I definitely recommend them! If you sign up for emails they’ll occasionally have promotions to make it a little more affordable :)

Thanks, will give them a try. I get so deflated when I sit down to a freezer burnt pint! Seems to happen often for me... I’ve started taking a cooler with me to the grocery store :blush:

So, I FINALLY ordered several flavors of Enlightened from icecreamsource.com. They arrived solid as a rock and full, definitely better than what you get in store! Thanks for the recommendation @hgycta

One weird thing though... they arrived completed solid and full (I could tell by squeezing the containers). However, after spending the night in my freezer they actually shrunk and ended up like how you get them sometimes at a grocery store. There was no freezer burn or crystallization so I still thoroughly enjoyed those I've tried but am curious what may be happening. I am sure there is some kind of physics at work here (going from colder to not as cold but still in the freezing range) - if you know what's going on with that I would love to know!

On a different topic...

I tried the new Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch High Protein Puffs (cheddar cheese flavor).

They were great! You get quite a large serving and they are crunchy and flavorful... only 130 calories and 20g of protein. I am going to be getting these A LOT. A++

Review the Enlightened flavors when you get the chance! Two of my favorite flavors are discontinued, that's what I get buying from Grocery Outlet! I like Salted Caramel, Peanut butter chocolate, and Cold Brew out of the current ones.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    fpmw64s1tpie.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    @Kalex1975

I agree on black cherry chocolate chip, could use more cherry! I usually go for typical "sweet" flavors like chocolate and caramel. The only flavors I couldn't stand had marshmallow like hot cocoa, the sweetener for it tasted horrid to me. Strawberry cheesecake sounds awesome! I bet white chocolate raspberry will be good. I'm currently doing no sweets until Thanksgiving but will be hunting down Peppermint Mocha and the pumpkin spice Enlightened, if I can't find them I'll try one of these!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Coming out 2020

abbnj80cjdpn.jpeg
    0crc800aza8o.jpeg

I think these would be yummy
    Never had the rice miracle noodles variety but these came out great. They really have the texture of rice and weren’t chewy or anything. Huge volume for only 30 calories!75ydz31ut516.jpeg
    rzjuw422x2kg.jpeg
    s5jq5tscap5k.jpeg
    They definitely are more rice like than cauliflower rice. All pictured is 80 calories for like 3 cups! Going to make huge stir fry next time with lots of veggies and chicken. Definitely buying again.

love this 'rice' too...rarely buy it cause I can only find it at my local health food store for around $5/bag...
  • megankayy96
    megankayy96 Posts: 3 Member
    If you like the Chobani flipz then you should try the almond breeze version. It’s made with almond milk but you can’t even taste a difference and it’s only 190 calories for one. I like the chocolate one they have or the salted caramel one.
  • megankayy96
    megankayy96 Posts: 3 Member
    I also found great ice cream alternatives if you need a little something sweet in the evenings or anytime like I do. They are these snack sized ice cream bars by Yasso. They are made from Greek yogurt and one bar is only 45 calories! They taste so so good too! You can also buy the full sized bars for 100 calories each but I love the snack sized ones. It the perfect amount for me!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    The Nutless butter & jelly remind me of kids cereal. I love them! The Carmelized Onion are delish as nd Honey Dijon too! Have to try few of the others.

Have you tried The Sweet Dijon flavor?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Katmary71 wrote: »

On a different topic...

Review the Enlightened flavors when you get the chance! Two of my favorite flavors are discontinued, that's what I get buying from Grocery Outlet! I like Salted Caramel, Peanut butter chocolate, and Cold Brew out of the current ones.

I Still have never found Enlightened at Grocery Outlet. Every time I shop there I always look to see if they have the discounted Gingerbread like last year & Arctic Zero's Toffee Crunch. The only low cal pints they have had recently is Halo Top's Pistachio & Chilly Cow.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Found Gingerbread Halo Top for regular price at Walmart for $3.88.

If anyone missed out on the Mountain Dew VooDew drink I found a few bottles at Big Lots. I'm not one to usually drink a lot of my calories when I'm trying to lose weight, but I figured it was worth it to try this flavor out. It was definitely one of my favorite Mountain Dew limited editions & reminded me of drinking a Creamsicle.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Found Gingerbread Halo Top for regular price at Walmart for $3.88.

If anyone missed out on the Mountain Dew VooDew drink I found a few bottles at Big Lots. I'm not one to usually drink a lot of my calories when I'm trying to lose weight, but I figured it was worth it to try this flavor out. It was definitely one of my favorite Mountain Dew limited editions & reminded me of drinking a Creamsicle.

I bought a pint last night. Haven't tried it yet.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    shij4ymo003l.jpg
    cry9pdv4a5h0.jpg
    ymznl322ta4x.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    as9x11l2yb1w.jpg
    cvq5ewssgmci.jpg
  • Katmary71
    shij4ymo003l.jpg
    cry9pdv4a5h0.jpg
    ymznl322ta4x.jpg

You beat me to posting the coffee creamers! I'm curious how vanilla cannoli will taste!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    as9x11l2yb1w.jpg
    cvq5ewssgmci.jpg

Gingerbread spray looks good!

These were disgusting, I’m glad they were free because they were so bad. Not sweet at all. Tasted bland and stale do not buy. gbsbnvisgn2i.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Never had the rice miracle noodles variety but these came out great. They really have the texture of rice and weren’t chewy or anything. Huge volume for only 30 calories!75ydz31ut516.jpeg
    rzjuw422x2kg.jpeg
    s5jq5tscap5k.jpeg
    They definitely are more rice like than cauliflower rice. All pictured is 80 calories for like 3 cups! Going to make huge stir fry next time with lots of veggies and chicken. Definitely buying again.

Where'd you find it at?