JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited November 2019
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print questions for senator; hand to students.
    3. Class 1: Meet with senator. Discussion.
    4. Class 2-3: Meet with senator. Discussion.
    5. Planning: Cover class. Grade and input late work. CALL PARENTS. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads. Get additional copies of WM from book room.
    6. Run 2 miles. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Watch Black Cauldron? Dinner: Okonomiyaki.
    8. Prep cheese and parfait. Prep celery. Pack lunch. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Nov 22. Something in December - Check and add.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Trying to get back into the swing of things. I've been having difficulty walking since the spring, so it's been hard to get in the exercise that I need. I'm still in significant pain, but I just have to get moving. I bought a new iPod as a motivation, so now I have to follow through. :)

I just went to the gym tonight for the first time in months. All I did was walk, but at least I made it through the door and hit 10,000 steps for the day. Goals for tomorrow:

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Start tracking liquids
    3. Walk on both work breaks...heck, TAKE both work breaks
    4. Swim at least half a mile
    5. 6 hours of sleep
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    @Faebert , yes you absolutely should celebrate, showing up for 1000 days is impressive :)

JFT Monday 18th Nov

Back exercises only did the standing ones, I think if I could see an improvement I'd be keener to do them
    Drink enough yes
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Gratitude yes
    Lift the big bag as a reminder (weighs 30lbs) yes

JFT Tuesday 19th Nov

Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    Lift the big bag
    Blood tests (next step as physio not working)
    Walk. It's -6 celsius right now, it's going to be a chilly walk!
    Move right now or you'll be late for everything!

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 19/11 180 -0lb
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
    5. Don’t endlessly snack when home from work
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    • no sweets
    • more water
    • less digital time
    • complete an item on task list
    • bed at 11
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Good morning everyone! I have a meeting offsite so this has to be quick today.
    J4T / Monday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly >:)Didn't feel good so went to bed after I ate and forgot to log!
    • Drink 80+ oz of water >:)It just hasn't tasted good to me lately!
    • Errands :smile:
    • Quilting :smile: My husband found the missing block! I had laid out the blocks to determine how to sew the top together, but was missing one block! Was sick but now happy!
    • 15+ minutes of cardio >:)
    • 15 minutes of strength training >:)
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set >:)
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / JM podcast :#Not all of them...

Discard 5 lbs Challenge #5
    Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    CW: 186 lb +1.6 lb gain
    GW: 179.4 lb

J4T / Tuesday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • Top 3 tasks at work: Dr. K & RN M tickets / Self-Eval / Rounding schedule
    • Quilting (only if I feel better after work. Cough, sore throat, feel warm... UGH)
    • 30 minutes of cardio
    • Start lifting small hand weights
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO and/or SA reading / JM podcast

Word of 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Discard 5 lb Challenge
    Name: Nikki
    SW: 152.0
    GW: 147.0
    11/12: 151.8 -0.2
    11/13: 151.8
    11/14: 151.6 - 0.4
    11/15:151.4 -0.6

JFT Monday
    - Up at 6:00 and get blood work done :( I was up, but didn't get up
    - On time for work :neutral: - On time for me
    - Try to get it together and be productive :(
    - Maybe leave early :smiley:
    - Counselor at 5:00 :smiley:
    - Log all food GBU :(
    - Aim for Green :-

Not such a good day yesterday.

JFT Tuesday

- Stay at work all day
    - Start reading "Excuses Begone"
    - Take a walk at lunch

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Faebert Awesome milestone reaching 1000 days logging on MFP. The fact that you check in & are mindful while on maintenance is a BIG deal, even if you don't always log food or work out. Remember balance. You are my inspiration!

Recap M 11/18
    1) X-trained (circuit/weights) before work = :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,202 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Eating up leftovers today / prelogged food so stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Looked like net cals were just green, then realized I clicked on wrong food earlier in day... net calories -43 :) sodium green :mrgreen: sugar -28 (mostly fruit/veg) fiber & protein good :) 12c water
    4) Conflict of Interest forms :) / email records request :) surprised to receive docs within 30 minutes so spent day completing review / verify 2019 CPE report :) / clear up Inbox backlog no time / Cognos training? no time / other? :) finally remembered to water office plants
    5) To-do's: 5:00 parade meeting :) / calculate 2020 FSA w/h & submit form no time / put away clean dishes :) / fold line-dried laundry & take upstairs :) / call Breadsmith w/ Thanksgiving order :) / meal plan & grocery list :) / other? :) got out hand/foot warmers & clothes layers for Sat. parade, decluttered some in family room, went thru mail pile, updated green notebook, cuddled w/ Kitty & still upstairs before 10
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :smiley: sometimes the only reason I do this is to give myself a smiley on this list / RETAINERS :smiley: ditto / bed & tv off 10:20 :) (rest day T)

JFT T 11/19 ~ Rest day today... have my workouts planned to accommodate work/other schedule this week
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) PA-F initiation memo / clear Inbox backlog / Cognos training
    4) Evening: grocery shop / mail birdseed order / mail zoo renewal form / pick up kitty food at vet / calculate 2020 FSA w/h & submit form / wash dishes / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill W before work)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Thanks for the words of congratulations @littleblackskirt and @cschmitz110515! I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be as regular on here if it were not for the awesome members of JFT!

Another late post today - work is just so hectic. But I actually only have a couple of weeks now until surgery and then a long period of time off. I’m trying to make sure I hand everything over totally ship shape and organised. And to stay focused and not get too stressed about what’s ahead...!

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Weigh in ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - buy coffee on way to work ✅
    - Early to work - help student set up for observation lesson ✅
    - Update pastoral doc ✅
    - Send fundraising idea to Head ✅
    - Leave by 5 ❎
    - eyebrows ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - Pick up dinner for kids ✅
    - Bed by 9:30

Hoping to keep up the momentum with the logging and exercise. Busy but on track! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited November 2019
    Tuesday 19 November

I must have forgotten to record goals this morning >:) So posting goals and the outcome at the same time.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - eat below maintenance ;)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Tuesday 19 November

I must have forgotten to record goals this morning >:) So posting goals and the outcome at the same time.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - eat below maintenance ;)

Well done!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    19/11: CW: 150.4: - 0.4

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Tue 19 Nov
    Goals: 🌻 Back on track 👍🏻
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Patchwork 🌻
    • Look at TVs for bedroom 🌻
    • 🌻

JFT: Wed 20 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Weekly shopping

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: 16/16

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    JFT Tuesday 19th Nov

Back exercises yes
    Drink enough yes
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Gratitude yes
    Lift the big bag yes
    Blood tests (next step as physio not working) yes
    Walk. It's -6 celsius right now, it's going to be a chilly walk! 50 minutes walk, very cold!
    Move right now or you'll be late for everything! I moved lol

JFT Wednesday 20th Nov

Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    Lift the big bag
    Get delivery of hospital equipment
    Shopping/banking/bills for parents
    Check electrical forms for work

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 20/11 179 -1lb
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👎 did half the day
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Don’t endlessly snack when home from work 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Don’t oversnack at home especially since leaving work early
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Got a good run in this morning but my kids are off school sick so I’ve had one of those morning where you feel like you’ve done a whole day’s work before you even arrive - too much chaos! Posting and dashing but catch up soon.

Wednesday goals:
    morning run ✅
    Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    Email absence for kids ✅
    Early to work for staff choir ✅
    Speak to K re cover on Friday ✅
    Leave handover for Thursday cover
    Leave by 5
    Health food store if time
    Bed by 9:30pm
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print project directions.
    3. Class 1: Make up presentations. Chapters 27-32. Project introduction?
    4. Class 2-3: Make up presentations. Chapter 2.
    5. Planning: Get additional copies of WM from book room. CALL PARENTS. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads.
    6. Run 2 miles. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Watch Black Cauldron? Dinner: Okonomiyaki.
    8. Prep cheese and parfait. Prep celery. Pack lunch. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Nov 22. Something in December - Check and add.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Failed to post goals yesterday and would have met them all but the exercise.

JFT - Wednesday Nov 20
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise 15 minutes
    Gratitude Journal

Will try to catch up tonight.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Water ✔
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Empty dishwasher 👎
    6. Put towels away ✔
    7. Bring trash barrel in ✔
    8. Order propane delivery ✔
    9. Two daily essentials, cat cow and inversion ✔ plus meditation
    10. Bed by 900, lights out by 930 ✔
    11. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital, DH's car to mechanic (remind him to call)

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Water
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Empty/fill dishwasher
    6. One load of laundry
    7. Atleast 2 daily essentials; stretch at work
    8. Bed by 9, lights out by 930
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital, DH's car to mechanic (remind him to call)