Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! I survived the raking, but I must admit it took a lot out of me. That, combined with DH not getting home from work until 1:00am :o has me feeling pretty low energy today. But at least I got a workout in, even if not the one I had planned. I did LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body and Abs 2 followed by a 30 minute Pop ride with Peloton.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the headache. Great choice of a workout on a day when you aren’t quite 100%. Sounds like you have perfect plans for the weekend. :) I have no idea what my weekend is going to look like yet as I am still waiting to hear if DH is going to have to work. I hope not. The poor guy needs a break.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ I will get caught up with you all over the weekend!
    Workouts, Hair Appt. Peloton, Volleyball Tourney and as I mentioned the other day .... a few Hallmark movies. WOOHOO :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great weekend for getting projects done. ;) I finished the two banners that I wanted to get done, or should I say needed to get done. On Saturday I set up Thanksgiving decorations at the church, and then I went to my favorite sewing store to look for some thread for the banners. I didn't realize that they where having a vendor event, so I looked at all the cool gadgets, and will be signing myself up for some classes. One lady teaches free motion quilting, and that is something that I have been wanting to learn for quite a while. Some really cool, but very expensive sewing machines. While I was there one of the people that runs the store saw my banner, and realized that I had used some of the fabrics from their store. She asked if she could take a picture, and post it on their fb page. Sure enough on Sunday it was posted, and this was before it was finished.

No workout on Saturday, but on Sunday I got in LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body + Bonus Abs. This morning was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper. So far I'm really enjoying this rotation, and with the days that I have taken off, I should be done by Wednesday of next week.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you survived the raking. I can believe that you had to be pretty tired, so great job with the workout that you chose. I hope that your DH didn't have to work this weekend, and that you and he where able to enjoy some down time.

Tami, I hope that you had a great weekend, it sure sounds like it will be a good one with the movies.. :D Can't wait to hear how your vb tournament went.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. DH finally had a weekend off! Hopefully things are going to be a little calmer for him now for at least a couple of months. Saturday we caught up on errands and yesterday chores around the house. But it was nice just to get caught up! For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith One Mike Walk/Upper Body Circuit workout, which was a great way of warming up my tired body, then a 30 minute yoga routine from Peloton. Yesterday was 4DS Lower Body premix followed by Cathe Live Hearts on Fire. Today was 4DS Chest, Shoulder, Tricep premix, 4DS Abs and Cathe’s Intensity workout.

Tami, hope you enjoyed the movies this weekend! I finally have the schedule for my in-laws move, and it is going to make the first couple of weeks of our next rotation a little odd for me. I plan on building in some ‘buffer’ time to accommodate it. Hopefully that works out well for your trip to Florida or any Christmas plans you have! But I think I may plan on the first four weeks being spread over five or six weeks. The two series I am planning on doing those weeks are RWH and the first two weeks of Meso 2. If you have a preference for which one to start with after Thanksgiving or what would be better to do over the Christmas/New Years week, let me know. At least RWH is shorter workouts which should help this time of year. Meso 2, however, are looonnngggg. So....let me know your thoughts please!

Laurie, I love that they posted a photo of your project on their Facebook page! That is so nice. Sounds like a great store, to be honest. I will be curious how you enjoy the classes you take. Great workouts! Glad you are enjoying the rotation. Sounds like you have it perfectly planned for Thanksgiving. I am just now planning my Thanksgiving meal. :o But, as I mentioned, I am going for simple this year. It should make for a more pleasant day, especially since it will just be DH and I.

Thelma and Erika, hope you enjoyed your weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was nice and quiet, went by waaaaaaay too fast. I ended up not working out on Saturday which was a bummer but I had my hair appt @ 7:30 a.m., ran errands, including Costco and then met my BFF for late lunch so the day just flew by and after that I just didn’t really feel like it. I did watch a couple of Hallmark movies. One was going in the background while I did stuff in the kitchen, laundry, etc. but then later I watched one and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Friday evening I did the 21DFX Xtreme “Dirty 30” workout and then right into a Peloton Ride. It was a fun combo right at about 70 min total. Yesterday was also a quick Peloton ride before our Volleyball tourn. We only played 2 matches and ended up 2nd Place. It was a fun first match and we played ok but the second match we played awful and were killed in two games, that isn’t fun. :(:D Today will be BootCamp and then back to my usual workouts.

Laurel: Fantastic job with your workouts as always! Excellent job getting in INTENSITY, I haven’t done that one in quite a while. Thank you for letting me know on the plans for December rotation of workouts. I think starting out with RWH Sounds perfect, not only because I love them but also the time length. I will be gone December 7 – 14th so I will resume the workouts on December 15th. So are you doing 4DS all this week then too? Just trying to figure out where I am with you. 😊 ? Since I am a little behind after the weekend. I knew you said you would post it for us but I was just double checking.

Laurie: Way to go with all your workouts as well! You are doing an awesome job with your rotation! You have done the LITE/S&S rotation right? I think I would really enjoy that because I love both of those programs so much. Thanks for your good wishes for our tourney. 2nd place was good forsure, just not quite as fun when you practically hand the match over to the other team. But was a good time being with my Volleyball friends.

Thelma: Hope you are doing well and are enjoying every day with your Aunt. So special. Way to go getting in your workouts while she is there as well.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you're all doing well. I've continued to do either Jessica Smith or Leslie Sansone's workouts.

Things are going well with my aunt. DH went to watch a college football game at a friend's house on Saturday afternoon so I took my aunt out to dinner. As we were walking to the restaurant she didn't notice when the sidewalk became a driveway ramp and she fell on her knees on the hard sidewalk. I went into panic mode because I had no idea how I was going to help her get up. Thankfully she landed right in front of a car's bumper so I had her hold on to it. I felt so bad for her. She seems to have hurt her shoulder. She'll go back to El Salvador on Saturday morning.
    DH and I took her to Buck Bald Mtn in TN on Sunday. She liked it but I think she'd prefer shopping. It's strange to me how she doesn't seem to be in awe of the beautiful mountain view like we are.

We've been having beautiful weather. Temps have been been in the 50's during the day.

Laurie, fabulous job with your workouts! Good job getting the ball rolling in order to get your tooth done this year!
    I'm glad you didn't get much snow and that your headache went away.
    How exciting that your banner was posted on the sewing store's website!

Laurel, great workouts! You do have a lot of leaves to rake! I think it's time to get a leaf blower! I'm so glad your DH finally had a weekend off!
    I hope we get to go on that skyway trip one day. We timed our ride to Buck Bald Mtn and it is one hour from our house!

Tami, I'm so glad you had a nice weekend. Great workouts as always!
    Things are going well with my aunt. Thanks so much for asking!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton Tabata ride, followed by a cool down ride and stretch. And then I did a Kristin McGee Power Yoga/core focused routine from Peloton. Good stuff!

Tami, glad you got a chance to catch a couple Christmas movies this weekend. Sorry to hear about the volleyball, though. Hopefully next week will all be fun rounds. Yes, I am doing 4DS both this week and next week. So it looks like this:

Sunday-4DS Lower Body premix from the 4DS KB/BC DVD (it, and all these 4DS premix workouts, don’t have a warm-up or cool down, but I warm up with the KB warm-up)
    Monday-4DS Chest, Shoulder, Tricep premix from the 4DS Step DVD
    Tuesday-spin/yoga
    Wednesday-4DS Back and Bicep premix from the 4DS Step DVD
    Thursday-lower body.....I think I might do the lower body premix from Muscle Endurance and Lean Legs and Abs for these, though I may replace the latter with a Cathe Live workout this week
    Friday-upper body.......Muscle Endurance upper body premix one week and Pyramid Upper Body, though the latter may, again, be a Cathe Live this week

When I have more time than I have today, I will post the next eight-ish weeks schedule. I am great starting with RWH after Thanksgiving! I think that is a great choice given both of our adventures to Florida next month. :D

Thelma, good job working out with your aunt being there. I hope she is doing okay after the fall. That is scary on concrete for sure. I am glad you took her to Tennessee, but, like you, I am always a little surprised when people don’t enjoy scenery. I guess everybody is just wired a little differently. We have a leaf blower but it just isn’t up to the task of our yard. And DH bought a mower that mulches when we moved here last year, but the thing is so big and powerful that I can’t control it! :o I tried once and, boy, did that provide some entertainment for the neighbors. When DH stopped laughing, he suggested we might want to get something smaller for me or have me rake. So.....that is why I rake. :D Much safer for all involved. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Hello everyone! I've been looking around on MFP for a strength training program/challenge that appeals to me and decided to see what "Cathe" stood for. Well, I really like what I see! Hoping I'm not too late to the party and you all will have me. I'm only 6 pounds from my "super happy weight" and only 1 pound from my pretty darn happy weight. But really, I'd be happy to stay where I am if I firmed up and added some muscles. I'm a pickleball addict, playing about 3 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Lots of cardio but I've been plagued with right elbow/wrist/chest/shoulder injuries due to overuse. So I've been playing less and am looking to strengthen up my upper body so I can get back to my passion. I used to be a gym rat 20 years ago, even had a couple personal trainers. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all!
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2019
    Hello Ladies ~ Good BootCamp class last night. This a.m. was 4DS Chest/Shoulders and tonight I am hoping to get in my Peloton “Tuesday Tabata” ride.

Thelma: So scary about your aunt falling. Hopefully her shoulder is ok. Despite that, it sounds like you both had a nice time together. Good job getting in your workouts!

Laurel: Excellent job today with the Peloton action! LOVE the Tabata rides. Thank you for posting this week and next. Now I can stay on track! LOL I say that with my fingers crossed, hoping I do. I am glad you are happy with doing RWH first as well. So fun we are both headed to Florida. Our Volleyball league is done now until the next league … hoping we get into the one that starts up in January. That is usually the busiest time for the ladies I play with so we will see.

DesignerDisc: :) Welcome! Never to late to join the party …. Please feel free to join us. YAY. Fantastic that you are so close to your goal “super happy” weight and pretty much at your “happy” weight. Love that there are two different. I totally get what you are saying there! I have been about 5 lbs away from my super happy weight for it feels like forever! LOL Keep on keeping on is what I tell myself. I used to play pickleball as a kid. My dad had a court built outside and it was so much fun. Haven’t played since but it was so much fun. I can see why you are an “addict” and truly, having an exercise that you love and is fun is so important. Cycling for me I would say.

We meet up daily OR whenever we can (no pressure) and talk about daily workouts we are doing, encouraging one another. Sometimes doing a workout rotation together and giving feedback to one another on how it is going. Sharing recipes or whatever you might feeling like talking about on a given day truly. I have nearly all of Cathe’s workouts and Laurel forsure has them all so ask away if you are looking at doing any of those. There are so many programs she has that could definitely help with upper body strength.
    My new love this year added into the mix is my new Peloton bike! I have loved Spinning for years and outdoor cycling in the summer so my sister and husband decided I needed one! Best gift ever! I still have a gym membership but since I do most of my workouts at home along with Spinning now I don’t go to the gym quite as much. I do love my Monday night BootCamp still. At any rate…. Welcome! ;)

Hello Laurie :)

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow.
    Tami
  • designerdiscounts
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm going to spend some time looking at Cathe's workouts on youtube and pick one to do. Thanks for the motivation!
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I did a JS knee-friendly, lower body workout today.
    My fingers have been bothering me for the last three days. I don't know why the RA is acting up again.
    My aunt loves Italian food so tonight I made her Skinnytaste Spinach Lasagna roll-ups and turkey meatballs. She loved it and so did we. This meal was definitely restaurant quality. I used my last marinara sauce jar from Boston. I quickly went to Amazon and found it there, so I ordered some.

We had a mostly cloudy day but the sun came out in the afternoon and it felt so warm.

Laurel, great workout!
    My aunt is doing better. Thanks for asking. My aunt doesn't seem to notice the scenery. You can see the view from every room in the house and no comment! DH and I look at that view every day, every moment possible.
    That mower story is funny and scary! I understand now why you're raking.

Tami, great workouts!
    My aunt seems to be doing much better. Thanks so much for asking.

Hi DesignerDisc: Welcome to our group and congrats on the weight loss! It's never late to join this party. Tami did a great job explaining what our group does.

Hi Laurie!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, just really busy all day long. We have an important person coming for a tour on Thursday, so everyone is going a little crazy. My workout yesterday was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body and this morning was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! Glad to hear that your DH was able to have a weekend free. Your next phase looks really good. I'm thinking of doing some Jillian workouts next, we will see how I feel. My knee has been doing great, so I'm wanting to attempt a little more intensity. Our Thanksgiving will be very quiet too. We decided to celebrate with the kids and DH's mother on Sunday. That way my oldest and her DH can go to his family, and my youngest can go to her bf's family Thanksgiving day. I didn't want them to eat two meals in one day. :p DH and I never had to do that because my family was so far away. I think that it will be a lot less stressful for us this way. That store is super friendly, and that is kind of a bad thing because it makes me want to go do more shopping there. I spend way to much $$ when I go. :D

Tami, Nice workouts! Your weekend sounds wonderful, and I totally understand the running around and then just not wanting to do a workout after all that. Kind of what my Saturdays are always like. :D Dang on the 2nd place for the vb tournament. I actually started the LITE/S&S rotation, and then I changed it to the LITE workouts. I will revisit that rotation in the new year, I just wasn't feeling it and I wanted to really give the LITE workouts my full attention. I didn't have a chance to do that since I got them. I saw the new BOSS workout covers, and they look awesome. I'm sure that you and Laurel will give us some great reviews when you get them in the new year.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! I'm so sorry to hear that you Aunt fell, and I hope that she continues to feel okay. I have made those Lasagna Roll-Ups and they are good, now I will have to include some meatballs with it. ;) I'm sure that my DH would love that. Interesting about your Aunt and the scenery vs. shopping, guess we all have different areas of what is interesting. I'm not a big shopper, but my oldest dd loves it.

designerdisc, Welcome to the Cathe group! She has some great workouts for lifting. Her workouts will really help you with what you want to accomplish. If you need any advice on what to choose, just ask. Can't say that I have ever played pickleball, so will have to go look that up. Not something that is popular in my area of the country I guess. ;)

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • designerdiscounts
    Good morning everyone!

Thelma, I'm totally looking up those Skinnytaste Spinach Lasagna Roll ups. We are vegetarian and love Italian food. Care to share your special sauce? I always make homemade spaghetti sauce/marinara - would love to find a jarred one that my family will accept.

Laurie, sounds like a busy Thanksgiving coming up. How nice to have your kids nearby. We are flying to Las Vegas to see my DH's family for Thanksgiving. And fitting in a pickleball tournament while we are there :wink: . Was looking forward to some warmer weather but looks like they will have about the same cold weather we are having here in Oregon. BTW, I have done most of Jillian's DVD's and was really into them for a while. But my knees started to hurt and I moved on.

I'm playing pickleball with friends tonight for a couple hours, that's my main workout for the day. But, I'll also do some yoga and arm physical therapy before I go.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Demian
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 4DS Back and Biceps followed by a weird cardio combo. B) I started with Cathe Live Fitness Fusion, but the workout died twice at 35 minutes so I grabbed my first set of DVDs on the shelf, which is the LITE series and ended up adding on the standing work and Calorie Crush from Metabolic Blast. It ended up being a good workout despite the frustration in the middle. :)

Tami, great workouts! I have to admit these 4DS workouts feel pretty short after those STS workouts the past month. But I am happy for that knowing we are going in to some longer workouts, especially after RWH. I forgot to mention yesterday that if you want to do Pure Strength instead of that first round of STS workouts, go for it! When I originally outlined the rotation, my plan was to only do two weeks of Meso 2 STS as weeks 7&8. But then I changed my mind :) since I absolutely love Meso 2. But I know they are long workouts for your early mornings, so go with what works. Honestly, right now I toying with doing RWH December 1- 21, then doing the Gym Style workouts, then doing four weeks of Meso 2 straight. It is either that or splitting Meso 2 up and slipping those two weeks of Gyms Styles in between weeks 2&3 of Meso 2. I can be persuaded either way, so let me know what you think. I promise to post the rotation soon! I have it on little scraps of paper all over the house, and I just need to put it into one cohesive plan. :D

Thelma, great workout. I am sorry your hands are acting up, though. Hope that is temporary. Your lasagna rolls sounds amazing! My mouth started watering when I read your post. I echo Demian’s request for the sauce! I am glad your aunt is okay. I think I would forever be looking out the windows if I had your kind of view. I am hoping someday we can get a house with a decent view of some mountains. The Colorado girl in me will forever miss those mountains.

Laurie, great workouts! I love that you have de-conflicted all the Thanksgiving meals for your DDs. Both of my sisters struggled with two meal Thanksgivings when they got married, and it was no fun for anybody. That is something, like you, I never had to deal with. I am glad to hear your knee is feeling good. Maybe it likes the LITE series. :D

Demian, welcome!! Congratulations on being close to your weight goals!! That is a terrific accomplishment. Like Laurie, I have never played pickleball, but I love that you have an activity you love to do. Your Thanksgiving in Vegas sounds nice and, hopefully, the weather forecast will improve. What part of Oregon are you in? My husband and I lived outside of Tacoma for a couple of years...a long time ago....and I loved our trips to Oregon. We just didn’t spend as much time there as I would have liked, though. About Cathe.....I have been doing her workouts for over 20 years. While, like Tami, I have added on spinning to my workout routine (using mostly the Peloton App now), I would say that about 80% of my workouts are still Cathe’s. She has so many to choose from and plenty of options depending on how you like to strength train, how much time you have, what type of equipment you have and such. So please ask questions and let us know what you are looking for and, hopefully, we can help you out. I am sure you have read our posts and all the abbreviations (like 4DS) and are like what? Well, they are just the short way of naming Cathe’s series like 4 Day Split is 4DS and RWH is Ripped With HiiT. But if you ever wonder what we are talking about, please ask! Again, welcome!!!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ I did get in my Peloton Tabata Tuesday ride last night and it was a toughie but great!! This a.m. was 4DS Lower Body since I missed that one on Sunday. Not sure if I will get something in after work or not. We will see.

Thelma: Yum on the sauce! Please post. I think I made those Lasagna Roll Ups from her book and they were delicious. We had a beautiful sunny day today as well. Next week is supposed to change so I will take sunshine when we can get it. Sorry to hear about your hands acting up.

Laurie: Way to go with the LITE Strong Body Stacked Upper and then Rev’d Up Rumble toay. Are you guys still having your cold temps? I am happy to hear that your knee is feeling so good. Your Thanksgiving sounds very nice. We will be hosting again this year. I think we will always be the host since our house is central for his brother & girlfriend to come and his parents. He doesn’t want them to go to all the work. We won’t do the “traditional” dinner, probably BBQ again. DH and his “Surf & Turf” with steak/shrimp/salmon. LOL I will have to ask forsure what he is thinking.

Demian: Hello! My hubby is definitely far from a vegetarian (if you couldn’t tell by his Thanksgiving Lineup of food) LOL For me, I love vegetarian meals and always say I could pretty easily eat that way all the time. Enjoy your pickleball tonight. Very fun that you will be heading to Vegas for Thanksgiving. Hopefully the weather is nice. What part of Oregon are you in? I live in North Idaho and moved from Bend, Oregon when I was 10 yrs old. My sister lived in Portland for many years and my mom as well. Visited many times and always enjoyed Oregon’s beauty.

Laurel: Way to go with the 4DS workout and your added on combo afterwards. Sometimes in the midst of frustration it would be easy to just stop at that point, so good on ya for pushing play!!! Sounds like a great combo all-in-all. I agree on the 4DS feeling shorter. For me in the early a.m. that is just right however, so its working nicely. I vote for RWH December 1 – 21, Gym Style an STS Meso #2. I don’t remember, what is the time frame on Gym Style workouts? I love that you have lots of notes all ready to go. You and Laurie are so good at making up rotations. Thank you in advance for this time and effort you have put in. :):) I will have to see the time frames to really make a vote but I think the RWH, Gym Style and then Meso #2 sounds perfect.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Leslie Sansone for me today. We had great weather today.
    I took my aunt out for breakfast today and that was fun, then a little more shopping.

Laurie, I'm glad you're ok! Great job getting those workouts in!
    My aunt is definitely doing better. Thanks for asking! Try the lasagna rolls with the turkey meatballs! I'm sure your DH will love the dish. The recipe called for grated parmesan but I had shredded and that is what I used. I think it makes a huge difference.
    It really is interesting about my aunt not being interested in the scenery. She perks up at the stores though! LOL

Hi Demian, I had never heard of pickleball until recently when we moved to Blue Ridge, GA. We have a recreation center in town and a lot of people play there. It looks like fun!

Here is the Spinach lasagna rolls recipe. Gina also has a butternut squash lasagna rolls recipe which I am going to try soon.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/spinach-lasagna-rolls/

and this is the sauce. I get the garlic flavor one. I'm too lazy to make my own but the skinnytasters say Gina's marinara recipe is amazing.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWHG7TX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_mzI1DbBS81DBK

Laurel, great combo as always! What does 4DS stand for?
    I finally gave in last night and took an Aleve. I felt better today but I still have a little pain. Yesterday I was having a hard time holding my 32oz water bottle but better today.
    I posted the links to the recipe and sauce for Damian above. Like I told Laurie, I used shredded parmesan instead of grated. I used the same amount the recipe called for.

It's just so hard not to look at the view in this house because it's all windows. There are only two windows where you don't get a view from. I hope you get your house with a view during one of your moves!

Tami, great workouts! I think we're going to have rainy weather next week.
    The day I didn't post the recipe and sauce links, all of you want them! Too funny!!!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Workout this morning was LITE Body Weight & Bands, this one is growing on me. ;)

Demian, Hope that your game was fun, and that you enjoyed your yoga. I keep saying that I need to include more yoga, so I should just create my rotation with it. I'm probably not going exclusive Jillian, because you are right, she is tough on the knees. I need to create a generic rotation, and then plug in my favorite workouts into those spaces. I hope that it isn't a cold Thanksgiving for you. They are predicting snow for us, so I'm kind of glad that we will not be traveling until Friday. My family meets up at a resort, and we celebrate Thanksgiving/My parents anniversary (their 60th this year)/Christmas. It is just easier for my large family to go that route, and then as individual families we visit my parents during the week of Christmas.

Laurel, Sorry to hear that the Live workout stopped on you, but glad to hear that you where able to throw something into the DVD player and get in a decent workout. I think the LITE workouts where good for me to do, and of course just getting a few pounds of weight off the knees has helped also. All I know is that it is feeling good, and I want to just take it up a notch to see if the knee can tolerate it. When I suggested the Sunday meal to the girls they where very happy with it. The only thing is that we have to have it late, because my youngest has to work. That will just give me enough time to have everything ready and I don't have to rush.

Tami, Great job on the workouts. Today it was pouring rain, and the temp was in the upper 40's, but that is suppose to change next week. These are now more "normal" for us, vs what we experienced at the beginning of the month. I just might steal your surf and turf idea for our Christmas Eve dinner with the kids. We will see how the weather cooperates with that idea, but I think that everyone would enjoy that. I will just have to figure out how that would all work. Or I'm just going to make lasagna. :D

Thelma, Nice job on the Leslie workout. I will schedule that recipe for some time next week. Thanks for the link to the sauce. The ingredients sound delicious. So you liked the shredded vs the grated parm cheese? Just want to clarify, because I usually use shredded in recipes. LOL about your Aunt perking up for shopping.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did Cathe’s live class with her again today which fit in perfectly with my lower body plans. It was called Power Legs, and it was rounds of one cardio moved followed by three strength moves. But at the rapid pace, it really worked as both a cardio and strength workout throughout. I followed it with the Floor Work and Abs premix from Butts and Guts. And soon.....more raking! :) But this week is not nearly as bad, and I am looking forward to a couple of hours in the 65 degree sunshine before rain hits tomorrow. B)

Thelma, thank you for posting the recipes and the link to the sauce. I am definitely going to try both! I am glad to hear the Aleve helped. 4DS refers to Cathe’s 4 Day Split series from around 2007 if memory serves me well. I always seems to remember where I was living when a new series came out, and I know that one came out when we lived in Alaska the first time. :) I have no idea how I will keep any reference to time when (if?) we stop moving. :D

Tami, great workouts! I am glad these shorter workouts are working for you. One of the reasons I wanted to slide Gym Styles into those holiday weeks at the end of December is because they are just a bit shorter than Meso 2. The leg workout is the longest at something like 67 minutes. But I know if I need to, I will just do the standing work or something like that. But the upper body workouts are right around 50 minutes. And with the holidays falling on Wednesday, and me hoping to workout on those days, 50 minutes is much better than 60-65. I also like the idea of starting out the year next year with a good, solid four weeks of tough strength training like Meso 2. :) So if that works for you....we will go with it. I love the sound of your Thanksgiving. We are sticking with a more traditional meal this year but with much less food! My goal is to only have just enough turkey left for a couple of sandwiches. And no other leftovers at all. Well.....except for the pie. :p

Laurie, great workout. I have only done that one twice, but I know I enjoyed it much better the second time I did it. I am glad it continues to grow on you. Sounds like you are going to have a great celebration with your family next week! Congratulations to your parents on their 60th anniversary! That is something to celebrate for sure. I used to love an early Thanksgiving dinner but, any more, I just can’t get excited to start cooking dinner before the sun rises. So, as I mentioned to Tami, this year is all about a smaller meal and a later one. That way I get in some good workouts in the morning and won’t feel like going to bed by 5pm. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • designerdiscounts
    Good morning everyone! Thank you again for being so welcoming, what a joy to come here and connect with you all.

Laurel, yes, I will have to catch up with the lingo. Thanks for clarifying :). We live in Springfield, Oregon - lived in Eugene for 10 years, have been in Springfield for 5 years and before that, we lived in Las Vegas, NV for about 10 years. And before all that, I lived in Virginia - grew up there and moved to Las Vegas for college and met my husband there. We really love Oregon and more importantly, my kids love it here. I asked my 16 yr old son the other day where he would like to live if he could live anywhere in the world and he answered, "Oregon". Hopefully, he decided to venture out some day but glad he's happy to be here for now. I am looking forward to some sunshine though when we visit Vegas, the overcast season here is a little too long for my taste.

Tami, nice to meet another "Oregonian". Yes, we love it here. I've only been to Idaho once, for a wedding and it was lovely. My husband was the one that led our vegetarian evolution, he was ready long before the rest of us were. I do struggle with finding dinners that will make the whole family happy but I guess that's an issue for everyone. Your workout commitment is impressive! I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon but sort of finding it difficult to know where to start. A lot of these workouts sound really long, lol. I'm looking for something in the 20-30 minute range, any suggestions?

Thelma, thank you for the links! Those spinach lasagna rolls look wonderful. I make lasagna 2 times a year and the family always, always asks for it more often. Maybe these will be a nice substitute. I've been fitting in baked ziti every now and then because it's way easier and less time consuming to make and has all the same ingredients. Can you tell I'm having a hungry day? I highly recommend trying out pickleball at your rec center - anyone can play and the people are always incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Laurie, I really like the idea of creating a generic rotation and then plugging in your favorite workouts. So would that be like Monday/legs, Tuesday/chest and back, Wednesday/core and cardio? I never did get my yoga in but I did have a blast at pickleball and also did a teeny bit of my elbow physical therapy. After our tournament at the end of this month, I'll probably be taking some extended time off pickleball. Rest is really what my tendinitis needs. Congrats to your parents for 60 years, pretty cool.

Planning to do that darn yoga today and also figure out a weekly program I can commit to. So.Many.Options...

Enjoy your day!
    Demian
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was a JS HIIT for beginners' workout.
    I took my aunt shopping again today and we packed her suitcases.
    We had another beautiful, sunny and warm fall day today. I believe tomorrow will be a rainy day.

Tomorrow I will take my aunt out for breakfast and in the late afternoon we'll go out to dinner with our friends.

Laurie, nice workout!
    I did like using the shredded vs the grated parm. I only used shredded because I had run out of grated but it was a good thing!

Laurel, what a great workout combo! That Power Legs workout sounds really good! Our weather is pretty much the same! I hope you're running out of leaves to rake!

You're welcome on the links! I hope you ladies like that sauce.
    My fingers are doing much better but not quite back at feeling normal.
    That 4 Day Split series is one of the few Cathe workouts I don't have. I did order two of the DVDs of this year's series. I didn't order the choreographed DVD.
    You're going to have to start documenting the workouts and your location at release time! LOL

Hi Demian, I'm so glad you're enjoying our little group! FYI, we usually post Monday through Friday. You will love how supportive this group can be.

You've lived all over the place! How wonderful that you love Oregon so much! We just moved to Blue Ridge, GA and we couldn't be happier.
    You're welcome on the links. I hope you and your family like the recipe and the sauce. Check out the Skinnytaste website. There are a lot of vegetarian recipes there. I tried a pasta recipe with butternut squash sauce and it was delicious. It did have turkey sausage but I'm sure you can substitute for a vegetarian sausage. I am going to make the lasagna rolls with butternut sauce one of these days.

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma