Adding more protein to bagels?

duteshredded
duteshredded Posts: 32 Member
What’s some recipes you guys have got for bagels which add more protein?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Bacon and eggs, cream cheese (gotta be protein hiding under all that fat!).
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    cheese, salmon, deli meats, eggs, meat, fish, whatever you want that is protein.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Do you mean a recipe for making bagels from scratch? Or a recipe for a sandwich or something that you make with a bagel?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Peanut butter.
    Because of the calories, I haven’t had one in years, but it sounds tempting at the moment.
    I used to pick one up at Brueggers, toasted, for breakfast when I was working. There’s something about slightly melted peanut butter on a good NY style toasted bagel that’s so satisfyingly, delicious to me.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Cream Cheese & Lox, Peanut Butter, Eggs & Turkey Bacon/Sausage, or Eggs & Cheese.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Smoked salmon, a little cottage cheese, some more smoked salmon, fresh dill for the vitamins, a bit of smoked salmon on top.... I could go on...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I've wanted to try this for awhile.......https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-bagel-recipe/
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Tuna or salmon salad
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I do love deli roast beef with Swiss cheese and a little horseradish on an onion bagel
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I like to use different flavors of hummus on a bagel instead of cream cheese - then I sprinkle on some sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Nice flavor - a tiny protein boost.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Thin slice of high protein and fiber tofu, spread with hummus, add seeds, I also like to add a sprinkling of raw quinoa, chia seeds, flax, etc.