surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    45 min stretch/warm-up
    60 min strength training
    30 min stretch/cool-down

hot tub, cold plunge and sauna!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    Tues, 11/20: Full body weight training (minimal rest between sets), 30 min spin bike
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited November 2019
    1/19

20 minutes of jump rope.
    1 minute with a 1/2lbs rope, rest 15 seconds, 2 minutes with a 1/4lbs rope, rest 15 seconds and repeat 6 times...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited November 2019
    Weight lifting class: goblet squats (lord knows how many), OHP, and a bunch of power cleans. I wanted to move up to 115lbs on the power cleans, but ended up doing a bunch at 95 to work on technique and a handful at 115, which was a very good plan.

I saw my physical therapist yesterday for the first time for my current bout of knee issues and she is saying no to back squats for the time being and yes to goblet squats and squats with a hex bar.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    We are having quite the Fall weather for Tucson -- 3 days of rain, unheard of for Fall! So with my rower being in the shed outside, I decided to just do an hour on the AirDyne Pro (Assault Bike). It was a SS session, so I didn't push hard the whole time -- held a 178 Watt average for the hour very comfortably.

An hour on an Assault Bike is tedious for sure!
  • bourbon_n_barbells
    bourbon_n_barbells Posts: 425 Member
    I swam this morning. I'm teaching a Bootcamp class tonight.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday.

Pull up work as given to me by my PT. So activation using bands, band assisted pull ups, trx pull ups and then lat pull down to finish off. Have to say that could really feel the difference doing the activation first. And I am currently suffering with Doms in my back (think from Monday), didnt even know you could get DOMS in your back

7km comfortable paced run, in the dark. Getting a lot more comfortable with running in the dark, still not fully confident but getting there.

PiYo - still love this class and find it so helpful

Zumba - my fun class
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Passed out after the Gym. Typing up notes from this morning now.

Day 0020:

Stretching
    10:38 - Added in more stretches.

Cardio Warmup:
    Treadmill
    03:30 - 0.4 Miles - Right Calf started threatening to cramp. Figure potassium must be very low today. Had to stop before getting my mile done. Which really stunk, since I was going at a good clip and feeling great.

Perfect Squat Machine - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 02(45) + 02(10)
    Knee needed a break. Felt good with lighter weight.

Hanging Leg Raise - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - Tired. Felt like this set really worked me today. Will continue to maintain and knock these out.

Leg Press - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 04(45) + 02(10) + M
    Sore Abs, sore hip. Weight felt good. Fast and steady sets.

Glute Press - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 160lbs Both Sides
    160lbs finally felt like I was really working to do 3 sets of these. Will continue to do 160lb sets on both sides.

Leg Curl - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 110lbs
    Could do more weight but I feel like I would be putting myself into the realm of hamstring injury if I do. Prudent to maintain.

Abdominal Machine - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 60lbs
    I do my Ab Work with every workout as my core is my long term concern. 60lbs had the warble of possibly cramping if I overdid it. 60lbs and 03x15 reps seems to be managable.

Standing Calf Lift - *Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 02(45) + 02(25)
    Felt tight in calves. Had that cramp flag during cardio warmup. Stretched overall really well. Kept on stretching throughout my entire workout.

Vertical Leg Raise - *Maintain*
    01 x 10 Reps - Did full set, but felt like I didn't have a good control on my core while doing the lifts. Practice, practice, practice, and some time.

Leg Extensions - *Reduce to 140lbs and Maintain 02 Weeks*
    03 x 15 Reps - 150lbs
    Dunno about this. 150lbs feels like it might be a bit much on the knees with the way this exercise is designed. Can handle more weight, but seems prudent not to push it.

Deadlifts - *Replace or Maintain*
    03 x 15 Reps - 02(45)
    This just feels off. Might replace this for a bit and focus on my Squats and Leg Press with Core Work. Feels like if I don't get these right, and even if I do, I'm risking a back injury. Might just reduce to a single set.

Ab/Aduction - Removed Exercise as it was.. off. Tried a new varient of this using a bench and the floor while lifting myself with 1 leg. Felt like it was temping injury.

Cardio:
    02:00 - No idea. Had to stop as my right calf really tried to start cramping once I went over 4.5mph. Could not stretch my way out of that cramp.

Overall:
    Felt tired, good, and need to work on my exercise order again. Just not as optimal as my Arms Day workout is. Cramping risks kept me alert. Really going to focus on resting, rehydrating, and getting my potassium and protein on this rest day. I do feel good that I hit my exercise reps without having to fully stop and do 1 rep at a time set workouts.

Thoughts:
    I am debating switching to a higher-rep Squat, Press, and Crunch set. Maybe something like:

Squat
    01 x 20 Reps
    Leg Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Glute Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Abdominal Machine
    01 x 20

*Increase Weight*
    Squat
    01 x 20 Reps
    Leg Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Glute Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Hanging Leg Raise

*Increase Weight*
    Squat
    01 x 20 Reps
    Leg Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Glute Press
    01 x 20 Reps
    Abdominal Machine
    01 x 20

Just an idea.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wanted to go for a walk but the physio spot after me cancelled so I got extra time

So rehab exercises and I'm pleased to have made progress. Goal achieve with one range and almost achieved with the other!!! I didn't think this possible last week
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    45 min elliptical

30 min weights including:
    KB Swings
    Burpees
    Lunges
    Walking lunges
    Leg curls
    Clamshells
    Bosu ball squats

Stretch & foam roll
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    45 min powerzone spin ride. Little bit of yoga.

Get a break from my (no) alcohol diet on Thanksgiving. *very* excited. Have gotten to pre Thanksgiving goal weight but want to push this week to account for possible Thanksgiving backtracking.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Rowing machine, 1 x 2K on 2' CD before breakfast; 2 x 2K on, 2' semi-break during & CD after, in afternoon. Trying to hold HR under 140 (about 70% heart rate reserve, so pretty easy, mostly Z3). Costs only about 10" in split (so 40" per 2K), but saves around 20bpm or so in HRavg/max, and is noticeably less challenging/tiring, not that the faster pace is terribly difficult.

Interesting. But I still hate going over 2:30 :lol: .
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    30 mins on the TM and then 30 minutes lifting (legs + core, and a couple of upper body things just to stretch out my back). Easy lifting with lower weight, I worked 80 hours last week so I'm taking it easy right now. It was more of a mental self-care day than anything.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    30 min wake-up stretches/foam roller
    30 min walk a mile and back to get groceries on foot

after work, headed to gym:

20 min stretching/warm-up
    60 min strength training - squats, abs, PT
    5 min cool-down stretches

break

60 minutes yoga
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Erg practice: 21min. 1' at around 2:07/1' at around 2:11. No rest open rate. It was based off of our 5k.

I suspect I would have had a faster 5k test on these ergs...funny what clean ergs will do. It also seems as though my shoulder pain only flairs up when I use the ergs at my uni's gym. Again, very dirty poorly maintained ergs vs clean well maintained ergs.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Wed 11/20: 100 pushups (40,20,20,20) & 40 min spin bike
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Ran a 5k at the park
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I am at a conference. I ducked out of yesterday's sessions to go climbing.

I did 90 minutes. It was fun. I got most routes I tried. The one I failed on had its crux at the top, do I fell from distance a number of times before moving on.

I mis-judged the distance to the gym, so I got slightly over 28,000 steps in.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2019
    3rd day or rain in Tucson so the deck rowing was out! I can't handle wet and in the 40's any longer. I think my body has already gotten used to Sunny 70s! Tomorrow is supposed to be normal nice again.

Did 20 minutes W/U on the AD Pro, then 20 around as hard as I could sustain (not quite but close) -- 254 Watt Average. HR got up to over 90% Max so it was hard enough.

Ended with 15 minute C/D on bike.

Tomorrow have a doc appointment so if I'm out of commission for a week, that's why. Minor medical issue but needs attention. Infected sweat gland, which doesn't go with my penchant to get really sweaty -- not at all! Likely have to eventually have it dug out of my arm. Hopefully not tomorrow, but right now it's like a golf ball under the arm and very painful (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance). Depending on how it goes, I'll either be back at it on Sunday or take next week off.

For the rowers out there -- one of our oldest members in my Indoor rowing club (a lady over 80 years old) just posted up an hour row in the World rankings today - 2nd for the year for an hour row -- 10060m or so. She's only one of two that has done it that is a female over 80 years old. She's prepping for the BIRC soon (the British Indoor Rowing Championships). That's badass.
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    On Thursday I do a 45 min full body workout with dumbbells at a little studio 15 min from my house. Its not crazy strenuous but it starts at 6:00am so I can get back home in time to get everybody off to school. I'm tying to work on being consistent and I almost never miss a Thursday!