What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Too tired and hungry to "cook" dinner so made avocado toast with red chilli flakes and a side of smoked sardines from the can. Avocado was from my dad's garden, yum.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Apparently this week my fun (and smart) challenge is how to use up as much of the chicken that I roasted as possible before needing to freeze parts of it. Today's dinner was a "quesadilla" filled with chicken breast and leftover chickpea curry that I mashed in a whole wheat tortilla. No cheese because I don't like most cheeses. It worked out very well.

My favourite way to use up leftover roast chicken is a super lazy chicken salad. Chopped chicken, chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa, chopped coriander. Have it in a tortilla.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    teryaki pork with cabbage and red peppers salad and aioli mayo
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    tootrudy wrote: »
    Last night I made smoked salmon sandwiches with southwest potato salad. It was pretty yummy.... https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-club-sandwich

I've used leftover baked or grilled salmon for sandwiches before. Never used smoked salmon, though - that sounds delicious! Thanks for that inspiration, @tootrudy.

While I was raised in New Jersey, and have raised my kids here, I lived for a while in the Seattle area when younger. We used to get smoked salmon there, a true smoked fish they sometimes called "kippered," that I have rarely seen here in the East.

The Seattle-style smoked salmon made great sandwiches. Actually, any of the salmon preparations would, LOL. To paraphrase the old joke, "I never met a salmon I didn't like."

What would make the potato salad "southwest" @tootrudy ?
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 498 Member
    Penne All'Amatriciana
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited November 2019
    Kraft Dinner It was 10:30 at night, I hadn't eaten and was hungry and it cooks fast. 56g for one serving of KD certainly isn't much! I'll do better tonight. Last night was just a very late night. I got home at 9:30 and still needed to do my workout before supper.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    angf0679 wrote: »
    Kraft Dinner It was 10:30 at night, I hadn't eaten and was hungry and it cooks fast. 56g for one serving of KD certainly isn't much! I'll do better tonight. Last night was just a very late night. I got home at 9:30 and still needed to do my workout before supper.

Hey, I'll throw some smoked sausage in some kraft mac and cheese and my kids think it's a rare delicacy lol
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    cabbage rolls with heavy cream
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Pan fried perch on french bread with garlic aioli and melted cheddar.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2019
    Chicken pot pie from scratch ....i always wait a day to eat it because I think it tastes best that way so
    .. I'm looking forward to dinner tomorrow 😏🤘...or today 😳😂
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    mmmmm i love it but sadly i can't eat it diabetic ughhhh!!!
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    you like cooking?
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited November 2019
    Haluski with Turkey Bacon
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    Ground chicken white chili. I'm a big fan of chili and soup for lunches during the winter, so I usually make a huge pot of something on Sundays.
  • angf0679
    Baked chicken and pasta.
  • angf0679
    hesn92 wrote: »
    angf0679 wrote: »

Hey, I'll throw some smoked sausage in some kraft mac and cheese and my kids think it's a rare delicacy lol

I'll remember that next time. I'll just need to get sausages. I bought a bulk box of KD when it was on that that box of 12 made each individual box of KD $0.66. It's a quick dinner to have when there are times I need to eat and have nothing in the fridge to just re-heat!
  • acpgee
    Dinner tonight will be a weird combination. Trying to use up the older bits of veg languishing at the bottom of the fridge as well as the leftover bolognaise sauce from a couple of nights ago. Starting with a Turkish salad of watermelon, feta and mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main is spaghetti bolognaise with sweet sides of roasted carrots and roasted red peppers.
  • acpgee
    Starter of Turkish salad, veggie sides of roast carrots and red pepper, main of spag bol.
    pibxpa8ycih3.jpeg
    6va6w96ie0e3.jpeg
    5fczkyrnii1w.jpeg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Finally getting around to making butternut squash soup. Finally.