Your favourite benefits of exercise?

13»

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    weight loss.......can't think of any other favorites. But i am sure there are lots of benefits.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Watching all those lovely ladies at the gym and those young (and not so young) men who start grunting, huffing and puffing when a lady passes by. Sometimes they just sit there and start their show - I always ask them if they got asthma and if they need First Aid ! On a serious note: The gentleman who is a bomb survivor and has lost both legs and one arm. It takes him half an hour to get into the pool, but then he swims like a fish! Never mind how much weight I have to lose, there is my hero and what we all can achieve if we put our mind to it.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Endorphins and eating more
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    Aside from the obvious? Better sleep !
  • francinefig
    francinefig Posts: 13 Member
    I can heft my 90 lb handicapped son around easily and without straining my back. I'm 37 years old and not getting any younger! Any my son will need my care for many years yet!
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Looking good. Having the best arms in the room. Alone time. Competition.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    I love seeing the new muscles I’m developing. And how it helps my mood. My husband tells me don’t go a day without some form of exercise. He can tell the difference in my attitude. 😊
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Getting stronger and feeling more fit. It helps my mood and a feeling of accomplishment. I do not feel that I am as old as I am and want to keep feeling that way. Exercise does that for me
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    It keeps me out of jail.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Confidence .....from seeing my body change back to the one I really loved again....slowly....like really slowly.😒.....but still the little signs of change make me so happy and encouraged. 😉👍😍💗
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Everything improves... stamina, strength, breathing, sleeping... just overall well being.

Sense of achievement and as mentioned it’s dedicated ‘me time’.

What’s not to love... yes it’s gruelling but you realise you’re alive!! So what you waiting for...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I used to have chronic back pain that would sometimes flare into debilitating spasms. After losing weight and strength training/ weight lifting, I no longer suffer from back pain or spasms. I like how clothes fit better and I feel more confident when I wear my bathing suit in public. I enjoy being able to join my sister for a run or a fitness class. I couldn't keep up with her before.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    I feel better after working out. Especially if work is stressful or life for that matter.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    I can wear better clothes and people call me handsome😇
  • bungledingo
    bungledingo Posts: 2 Member
    Honestly the little things like not having to hold my breath to try and tie my shoes laces and seeing my feet when standing up.

Then doing the invncbl triad in one year. Had a few injuries since then but back on track now and looking to push forward again
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    I love that you managed to do the splits. That’s on my bucket list.

have some other stuff to do first - and once I’ve achieved that - splits - Am all over it!!

quote="rainbow198;c-44447701"]It's a trickle down effect for me...

Exercising helped me to sleep better, so I felt better.

Feeling better helped to put an extra pep in my step which improved my day and gave me energy.

With feeling better it makes me want to stay consistent working out and eating better.

Being consistent helped me to improve my body and lose weight and fat, which made me want to keep going.

I spoke in past tense because exercise now is just apart of my daily life.

Exercise helped me to reach my goal and I love the result I gained from working out consistently. Also in my fitness journey I've learned so much and met some good friends along the way.

It just feels great being active and having strength, endurance and stamina.

Edit....just reading other replies and I see I've already responded. haha! But I'm still going strong! 💪🏽💪🏽 🔥🔥[/quote]

• jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Stress relief.

If I have a really hard, stressful work or personal issue, exercise reduces stress. Also, occasionally I get insights on how to handle stuff while exercising.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Not dying prematurely.

Seriously though, it's changed my whole outlook on life being able to accomplish things that I never dreamed possible. I was not athletic as a kid nor am I now but I've run half-marathon races and Olympic distance triathlons, completed 3K swimming races and a 4km fun swim with my trip club. I'm planning on a half iron distance triathlon next June, it may be my only one at that distance but who knows...