December Burpee Challenge 2019

Anyone up for a burpee challenge?
I will be doing 50 Burpees a Day for the entire month of December! You can always scale this to your fitness level!

ws001brrog8k.jpg

Replies

• bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    I really hate burpees. Just saying, lol. Good luck.
  • Coblondin
    Coblondin Posts: 1 Member
    I'll do it with you!
  • Sudanesebonnie
    Sudanesebonnie Posts: 5 Member
    I love this idea!! I’ll be joining !
  • determinedrdhd
    determinedrdhd Posts: 9 Member
    I would love to do this.
  • dtembroidery
    dtembroidery Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to this. I would love to do this
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Count me in!
  • SammyDee2015
    Anyone else ‘practising’ ? My arms are happy I am stretching my borders once again! ( I used to do these in prep for Spartans... forgot how great I feel mentally afterwards) 🤗
  • pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    I’m in. I did my very first set of burpees a few days ago. It was only 10 burpees total, but I thought I was going to die by the 3rd one. It also took me a fair amount of time (I had to do the super modified beginner version with lots of rest in between). I am hoping that I can gradually work up to 20-25 by the end of the month.
  • SammyDee2015
    I am doing this challenge to help me learn to love burpees. Right now they are still quite awkward for me to do! I chose 1 session of 30 burpees per day, and hoping to increase an extra session each week 🤞
    Dec1: 30 burpees after dinner ✅
  • pisanee
    I have to work on upper body strength. I can’t really pop my legs back yet, so I am starting off just stepping each foot back for now. My pushup is also still pretty pathetic.

Dec 1: 5 modified burpees
    Dec 2: 15 modified burpees
  • SammyDee2015
    pisanee wrote: »
    I have to work on upper body strength. I can’t really pop my legs back yet, so I am starting off just stepping each foot back for now. My pushup is also still pretty pathetic.

We are on a path to success when we aim to improve- good job doing it anyway you can... until you can do them better 🤗
  • SammyDee2015
    Did 30 after dinner. Time 4:46
    First 6 and last two were proper form but all the rest were horrid and slow. I know I am supposed to use my ‘core’ muscles but I sure as heck don’t feel them. Maybe I should do some planning first? Any suggestions?
  • pisanee
    pisanee wrote: »

We are on a path to success when we aim to improve- good job doing it anyway you can... until you can do them better 🤗

Thank you for the encouragement!
  • SammyDee2015
    Well I did everything I should have today except the burpees. My back ripped angry at the second one. Thinking I should be doing something to strengthen back and core before trying a month straight of burpees 🥴 will see how it goes tomorrow
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    If it's not too late, I will join starting today!
  • SammyDee2015
    Seems that- excepting a few- most folks have dropped off before even beginning, perhaps forgetting about this challenge. So- instead of dropping out today because my back is still unhappy, I am gonna hang in, comment every day even if I don’t do them every day and support you beasts who do try to incorporate burpees into their days/ lives this month. ARROOOO! 😊
  • SammyDee2015
    boxswt0nlzz5.jpeg
  • pisanee
    @SammyDee2015 sorry to hear that your back is hurting but thank you for sticking around. I’m still in although I do feel it in my arms and chest. I’ve found that I need to do these separately from any other workouts. Just leaving an hour or two gap to rest helps me keep better form and add in another set. I did start to leave out the push up and just hold the plank for a 5-10 count instead. Will have to work on the push ups as a separate activity.

Dec 3: 15 modified burpees
    Dec 4: 20 modified burpees
  • nasean
    nasean Posts: 4 Member
    I know I can do this just have to think positive. New to this app and very nervous about this. :#
  • pisanee
    nasean wrote: »
    I know I can do this just have to think positive. New to this app and very nervous about this. :#

Of course you can! I’m also new to MFP. I just joined last month to track calories (was using a different app before) and stumbled across these different challenge threads. So far, I’ve found them great to stay motivated and they offer a lot of encouragement.