Danger! Will Robinson Danger!

Options
If you're a baby boomer, you'll understand the title. :)
All to say, yesterday was NOT my best day of the past 6 weeks. I even stopped counting calories by 6 p.m. because I didn't want to know. :( I didn't exercise my full amount either. Argh. I'm stressed about being host today for a potluck dinner and I am NOT a very social person, feeling very awkward and incompetent. So I ate my stress. :( It didn't help either.
BUT as everyone says, it was only 1 day. :/
Right back at it. Hopefully tomorrow, at the latest because we all know how 1 day becomes 2, becomes 3, becomes.............

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have been on simar situations. I'm a binger on occasion, especially under stress. I have found that it helps to log it all. You won't be super accurate, but you'll be close.

I also makes notes in the food section. Why I was stressed and the fact that it didn't help. Looking back, you'll see a pattern or realize before the next time.

Get back on the horse and eat mindfully today.

Remember, make a U turn if you're off course, dont stay on the wrong road.

Stay strong..it's a long race.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Not only baby boomers will understand, with the recent series out ;-)
    I can sympathize, I'm not a very social person either and I get stressed too.

I would have said to log everything, but if it makes you feel worse it might be counterproductive. It's just a blip, no disaster, just try to learn from it (how to avoid it in the future) and don't feel guilty :smile:
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It’s not too late to try to log yesterday. Just do the best you can. It’s not possible to be perfect counting calories. Lots of ways to make mistakes. But that’s not a reason to abandon the process. Go back and give logging a try. Calorie counting doesn’t have to be perfect to work. Persistence is more important.

And what’s the plan for today? Potlucks can be tricky. You can do your best to try to log it. Even if the numbers are guesses you can still make a list of everything you eat. Something is better than nothing.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    eh, you've got this! Remember, small portions, just a taste of whatever grabs your attention, and you'll come through it with aces! And don't worry, your offering will be well received, you're going to have a good time. Just RELAX!!! ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    I agree with 88olds, log it as best you can. That has been the thing that has helped me the most - just logging food. You can always take a picture with your phone of what you ate and then try to piece it together later.

I'd say log yesterday. It's more about the consistent process than it is about perfection.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I agree with 88olds, log it as best you can. That has been the thing that has helped me the most - just logging food. You can always take a picture with your phone of what you ate and then try to piece it together later.

I'd say log yesterday. It's more about the consistent process than it is about perfection.

It makes me feel better to log even when my eating isn’t good, because it’s often better than I think it is. It takes a lot to really make a dent in calories in one day. It was definitely that habits that make us gain, and it will be the habits that make us lose, and one good habit is just logging it so you know where you stand,
  • jujaws
    jujaws Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm not and I used to watch that with my dad! We didn't have cable, plus they did make a remake of that show. Not sure how I feel about the remake. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day!