Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    In Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Nom, nom nom.

Yeah, this is a good answer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    I pretty much have to force myself to eat vegetables...the red wine vinegarette sounds like a winner! Thanks!

I love red wine vinaigrette (really all vinaigrettes, and red wine vinegar and a good mustard makes a good dressing too). I'm not anti sweetener, but I wouldn't add it, personally -- I dislike overly sweet salad dressings and find that vinegars usually are sweet enough.
  • kaylabarrett2017
    kaylabarrett2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Walmart has seasoned broccoli that's delicious! It's in with frozen stuff
  • Chihaku_Zeal
    Chihaku_Zeal Posts: 33 Member
    Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. There's plenty of foods out there that you can eat and get the same or even better nutritional value as broccoli.

But if you wanna try to spruce it up to make it taste better, I say saute them with olive oil, add a little pepper. If you wanna season them up, try a salt-free seasoning, that way you won't feel as guilty with the sodium intake. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Def roasted. Then tossed with some lemon juice and red pepper hummus. YUM.
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    I'm not a fan of it Too however I'm forcing myself to like it. I can't be leaving that much rich nutrition on the table like that. It's tasting better tbh. I season it. That'll improve the taste.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2017
    Roasted! Or...
    Steam long enough to just get tender. Cool rapidly. Chop into 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks. Put in a bowl with a handful of coarsely chopped pecans, and a handful of Craisins. Toss with a vinaigrette--especially a fruity one like raspberry or pomegranate.
    Not sure where you stand on mayo, but if you stir some yellow mustard into mayo, it makes a mighty fine sauce for broccoli.
    You can also dip it in hummus or pretty much any creamy dressing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Just don't eat it, eat something else and give it to me :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I love roasted garlic veggies with S/P and butter.

Any type- broccoli is especially good that way- but if you don't like it- don't eat it.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    edited June 2017
    I can't do broccoli, hurts the old tum :'(
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I know broccoli is super duper healthy but I really don't like it. What can I put on it to make it taste halfway decent? I'm good with spicy food but Tabasco on broccoli doesn't cut it!

If you don't like it, why eat it? There are many other healthy foods.

But since you asked, cheese is the answer.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    why don't you pick a vegetable you do like?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I really dislike lamb so I choose beef instead, see how east?!
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    The only thing I don't like about Broccoli is the gas that comes with it :/
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    I personally love broccoli. Salt pepper and light soy sauce
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I LOVE broccoli. I love it raw, all alone. I love it shaved, mixed in with salad greens. I love it in broccoli rice casserole. I love it roasted. I love it steamed. I could eat it 3 times a day. I LOVE broccoli.
    I HATE spinach. I don’t eat spinach.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I know broccoli is super duper healthy but I really don't like it. What can I put on it to make it taste halfway decent? I'm good with spicy food but Tabasco on broccoli doesn't cut it!

One of my favorite ways to use broccoli is to sautee in butter and then crack a couple of eggs over it.

I also like to toss it into the pasta water for the last couple of minutes the pasta is cooking then drain all and toss in your favorite sauce.

Steam and drizzle with garlic oil.

Raw in salads. This is best with summer broccoli.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    OMG, broccoli is my favorite!!! I eat multiple servings most days. I love it any way I can get it, but it's best blanched and cooled and then used instead of salad greens!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    CyberTone wrote: »
    I flippin' LOVE broccoli salad, but I can never, ever get it right on my own. I always stuff up the blanching. It's something I'm doomed to only enjoy when someone else makes it.

When I blanch broccoli or asparagus, once it reaches the correct tenderness, I place it directly into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. It comes out great each time and perfect for broccoli salads, or marinating cold asparagus in Italian dressing overnight.

Yes, the ice bath is key! :D
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I like broccoli.

but if you dont, you dont.

everyone isnt required to like everything.

Sure, try different recipes etc if you want to - but in the end, if you still dont like it - just dont eat it

There's nothing magical about broccoli that you cant get from other foods