ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Bring Out the Dog by Will Mackin, Random House

pn107a6injja.jpg
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    2glrap6frbhg.jpeg

@tinkerhellraiser
    Little bit off topic; love the nails and tats
    On topic, I recognized Tesla Tower and peaked my interest, thought maybe the story of it
    Intrigued by the story and author, haven't read a sci-fi/horror in years, gonna order it
    (I still prefer hard covers, still like to turn the page, smell the ink and paper and see it on my bookshelf after, kinda like a trophy) :)
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    2glrap6frbhg.jpeg

@tinkerhellraiser
    On topic, I recognized Tesla Tower and peaked my interest, thought maybe the story of it
    Intrigued by the story and author, haven't read a sci-fi/horror in years, gonna order it
    (I still prefer hard covers, still like to turn the page, smell the ink and paper and see it on my bookshelf after, kinda like a trophy) :)

I agree!!!
  • tuddy315
    2glrap6frbhg.jpeg

@tinkerhellraiser

at last count i have like 1000 books so its either kindle from now on or eventually they find me like “hoarders: buried alive” style

We have a used bookstore here called Paws and Claws. I get most of my books from there....50 cents to $2.00. I return them there when I am done because all their profit goes to the local no-kill animal shelter.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    I hope this tread doesn't die out. Too many good books. Please keep it going.

I lost my entire 600 book/CD/DVD library... with books, mostly US/UK punk journals & varying obscure, off-kilter tomes... to Hurricane Irma & storage unit theft, so literally don't own 1 book or piece of media, for that matter. Being on the road, I'm relying on local libraries & PDF book downloads to feed my mind.

Current read, Cheeta Chrome's "A Dead Boy's Tale: From the Front Lines of Punk Rock" auto-bio. Bummer is, due to probable theft, I have to read it inside the library... it's not available for checking out. But, such was the story with my entire library.

He's still alive & kickin', amazingly, if interested. Some recent, interesting vids online.

9u52wqs5skzy.png
  • tuddy315
    Look For Me by Lisa Gardner
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I just finished Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout. If you liked Olive Kitteridge (book and/or TV miniseries)...you have to read this. Amazing.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    edited November 2019
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I hope this tread doesn't die out. Too many good books. Please keep it going.

I lost my entire 600 book/CD/DVD library... with books, mostly US/UK punk journals & varying obscure, off-kilter tomes... to Hurricane Irma & storage unit theft, so literally don't own 1 book or piece of media, for that matter. Being on the road, I'm relying on local libraries & PDF book downloads to feed my mind.

Current read, Cheeta Chrome's "A Dead Boy's Tale: From the Front Lines of Punk Rock" auto-bio. Bummer is, due to probable theft, I have to read it inside the library... it's not available for checking out. But, such was the story with my entire library.

He's still alive & kickin', amazingly, if interested. Some recent, interesting vids online.

9u52wqs5skzy.png

how have i not heard of Cheetah Chrome?? i have to get this book.
    side note - have you heard of the band Rancid? if not - do check them out.... *and out come the wolves* = superb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhKHAopx7D0
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    kli63xa245hv.jpeg

SSDGM!! Hahaha
  • suzyquest68
    suzyquest68 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm a big Clive Barker fan. Rereading Weaveworld. Absolutely love it.
  • Darren225g
    Darren225g Posts: 214 Member
    51b36-UW0xL.jpg

Just finished this book, and it's very informative and eye opening read.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    pacosrme1nyu.jpeg

I’ve always been an avid reader but my short attention span over the last year has made it impossible for me to finish a book.
    Amazingly this S.K. book is only 149 pages long, surely I can manage that, lol.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    I'm in the middle of Kate Ellis' Wesley Pederson Series which is mysteries. I am reading A Cursed Inheritance. The main character has an interest in archaeology so there is a modern mystery linked with a historical mystery. It is set in Devon England. One of my favorite genres is historical mysteries.
  • pierportbeach
    pierportbeach Posts: 647 Member
    Usually I read fiction but I’ve started two interesting nonfiction books:
    Ibram Kendi, How to be an antiracist, and
    Maia Szalavitz, Unbroken Brain, which is about substance use disorder and addiction and the idea that they largely are the product of a learning disability.
    One good fiction book I am reading are the best short stories of 2019, edited by Anthony Doerr.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    how have i not heard of Cheetah Chrome?? i have to get this book.
    side note - have you heard of the band Rancid?

@mi_nina_lola So far, I'm liking the book, but punk/grunge journals are my thing. The best I've read is Legs McNeil's "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk", which is a phrase Richard Hell used to scrawl across his chest while performing, as a message to the audience that he didn't have any drugs, but needed them & if he couldn't get them by the end of the performance, well, then, "Please kill me". If you're interested in the genesis of punk, you'll enjoy it.

I've heard of Rancid, but not their music. Ska's not really my thing (unless that's just 1 such song from their catalogue), but if you like ska, you might enjoy The Toasters, a band from Jamaica with about 10 black & white guys who get the bldg shaking. I saw them in Boston long ago & the entire room of 1,500 was jumping up & down in unison. Memorable sight.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm trying to get through all these MtG books I have so I can send them to someone. We send boxes to one another quite often and he collects more MtG stuff than I do, soooooo... yeah.

s-l600.jpg
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    I’m working on my dissertation so reading really uninteresting books on phenomenology and interviewing. I do listen to audiobooks in the car or if I can’t sleep. I was listening to the wheel of time series but needed a break.
  • ANewLookAtLife
    ANewLookAtLife Posts: 3 Member
    Golden son
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    'My Most Notable Lyrics from Songs Featuring Me' -Lil Jon