40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, hope all is well. Squats and strict press' today were on the agenda. Still feeling fiesty and will head over for HOT HIIT. Have a great day kids.
  • CalgaryMac
    CalgaryMac Posts: 19 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I was totally distracted today. My brother was walking home from work and noticed a guy walking near him and was shot in the face with a 22 caliber. The police said if the gun had been bigger, he'd be no more. He's in shock trauma with serious injuries. My adrenaline is through the roof. I'll put in a good workout in a few hours.

We live in Canada and have vacationed many times in the United States. This situation that you describe is why we are reconsidering where we vacation. There are many places in the world that don't have the gun culture that seems to put everyone at risk. I have never seen a pistol on a person other than a police officer until the spring. We were in a Walmart in Las Vegas paying for some things and a guy walked by with a gun on his belt. We were shocked and scared as we are not used to seeing guns or thinking that people are walking around freely with guns. The store staff said it was okay but it rattled us.

I hope that your brother is recovering - his is a very sad situation.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I did all my weights last night...so happy!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    CalgaryMac wrote: »
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I was totally distracted today. My brother was walking home from work and noticed a guy walking near him and was shot in the face with a 22 caliber. The police said if the gun had been bigger, he'd be no more. He's in shock trauma with serious injuries. My adrenaline is through the roof. I'll put in a good workout in a few hours.

We live in Canada and have vacationed many times in the United States. This situation that you describe is why we are reconsidering where we vacation. There are many places in the world that don't have the gun culture that seems to put everyone at risk. I have never seen a pistol on a person other than a police officer until the spring. We were in a Walmart in Las Vegas paying for some things and a guy walked by with a gun on his belt. We were shocked and scared as we are not used to seeing guns or thinking that people are walking around freely with guns. The store staff said it was okay but it rattled us.

I hope that your brother is recovering - his is a very sad situation.

CalgaryMac, thank you for taking the time to tell your story and provide encouragement to me. I'm very sorry that your time here caused you fear and feeling the need to rethink where you vacation. Unfortunately this gun culture is rearing its ugly head and the fatalities are devastating.

My brother is finally home. His speech, his ability to eat are impacted. The psychological impact will eventually ensue and it will be addressed.

I believe one's that live by the sword perishes by the sword.

• tcunbeliever
    I did all the weights again last night...more of a challenge than usual since I got home from work 2 hours late and didn't really feel like doing much of anything, but I stopped being a princess about it and did the weights!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    I did all the weights last night and started experimenting with EDT...so far so good.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Beast Up: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids, I was feeling fiesty. Hot Hiit, followed by full body weights...Still wired. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "21 Day Fix Real Time Day 2: Lower Fix"=Done! With sandbags & vest!
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Man I'm getting old 41 lose weight get gastric bypass surgery
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,967 Member
    Does a half hour shoveling snow just to get out of my driveway count? lol
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids, I had every kind of benchpress known to man today. The week of Thanksgiving is filled with multiple fitness challenges and I'm darn excited. Have a great evening.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Beast Up: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps"=Done!
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    I just turned 40 on Saturday, can I be part of the cool kids club now? :smiley:
  • caramelgyrlk
    edited November 2019
    Happy Monday kids. I woke up not wanting to lift this morning and then I saw the news where a 82 year old powerlifter roughed up an intruder. I got my 40+ year old butt out of bed and put two times the heart into my squats and deadlifts today.

I provided the link in case you want to read her account of the story.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation-world/he-picked-the-wrong-house-82-year-old-beats-up-break-in-suspect

Have a great day kids.
  • tcunbeliever
    “I picked up the table, and I went to work on him,” she said. ‘The table broke.”

I love this woman, and we should have more stories about older people who successfully defend themselves. They are a vulnerable population and this positive publicity is the best way to see them less frequently targeted for violence.