Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    76btjbbc0jgx.png

i still eat these tbh

I may or may not have eaten these the last two days.
    cw1e26bf2ok2.png

Especially love the french vanilla! I was gifted a set like this for Christmas a few years ago.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I want dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and dinosaur shaped kraft macaroni and cheese.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    76btjbbc0jgx.png

i still eat these tbh

I may or may not have eaten these the last two days.
    cw1e26bf2ok2.png

Especially love the french vanilla! I was gifted a set like this for Christmas a few years ago.

I now feel compelled to buy some chicken nuggets
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    I want dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and dinosaur shaped kraft macaroni and cheese.

My SIL always says she never thought she'd see the day she'd be feeding her kids dinosaur nuggets and how much she's changed.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Mom's macaroni and cheese, fried bologna and cheese sandwiches, tuna salad and chips. Just made cube steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner. Might have rice cereal sometime this week- rice with butter, sugar, and condensed milk. Think rice pudding but soupier.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    @777Gemma888 I have to admit, I come here just to read your posts. I am vicariously reliving your childhood because your younger years sound like they were wonderful.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2019
    Had these for lunch today 0sjszenmpfdr.jpeg
    For some reason they taste WAY better than regular chicken nuggets. I think the breading:chicken ratio is higher.
  • pancakerunner
    Had these for lunch today 0sjszenmpfdr.jpeg
    For some reason they taste WAY better than regular chicken nuggets. I think the breading:chicken ratio is higher.

Yes!! Omg I want these with Kraft macaroni and cheese... Also waffle fries. The Dino nuggets are better than regular nuggets with dipping sauces too... idk why
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    @777Gemma888 I have to admit, I come here just to read your posts. I am vicariously reliving your childhood because your younger years sound like they were wonderful.

Thank you for the mention Debra. My childhood was peppered with a lot of love plus crazy adventures thrown in. Lol
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2019
    Eh, I'll play. My grandma used to bake a lot (and very well) so I could post a lot of things, but my favourite was sour cherry cake:

Prajitura-visine-01.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    j4352mx4d2s7.jpeg

Lol I used to think I was so fancy having these as a kid... they were my favorite
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    9vb3bmbr5ixl.png
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Cheezits

Homemade buttermilk biscuits with maple syrup

Capri suns

Open faced peanut butter and raisin sandwiches
  • pancakerunner
    9vb3bmbr5ixl.png

@Noreenmarie1234 I WANTTTT! I am always tempted to buy these when I walk by them at the store lol
  • pancakerunner
    Pierogis ! Made some today in the air fryer and reminded me of childhood. We are a polish family and used to make homemade ones with my grandma every Christmas. 0cmpljhpnikm.jpeg

I've never had! And my family is 25% polish haha
  • pancakerunner
    ipwcvn72b8ds.png
  • pancakerunner
    eqxrm9bqcjqb.png

Did anyone else used to eat the cresent/biscuit dough raw?? Lolll
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    eqxrm9bqcjqb.png

Did anyone else used to eat the cresent/biscuit dough raw?? Lolll

I'd never heard or seen cookie dough or butter dough been eaten raw until I came to the US. Raw veggies, yes. Raw flour plus plus pre-baking, never.