Serial Starters

Replies

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @Tilliesmommy1 Being tied to the phones sounds challenging! I would have a hard time not grazing. Hope today goes quickly for you

@brennerjlb Christmas decorating sounds like so much fun!

@hickchic67 GalexyCon sounds like so much fun! Who are you most excited to see?

@LanaCabana537 Sorry about the sabotage :( Hopefully the rest of this week will go more smoothly for you

We had a retirement party at work this morning. Luckily I ate a filling breakfast and cake at 8:30am just didn't sound appealing so it was easy to avoid. I woke up early this morning planning for a workout...but then I got distracted checking the mail and my dog gave me the sad puppy dog eyes...so we did a neighborhood walk instead. At least it's still movement, right? I'm on countdown for today to be over, I think I need the longer Thanksgiving break for a mental reset.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Lynn - I'm coming over to help you decorate! I don't do it myself, but I miss it! (I leave my four-foot Xmas tree up year round.)

Kathryn - Protect your daughter from "rose-colored glasses". Make sure that she has a home inspector go over everything with a fine-tooth comb. You never know what troubles may be lurking, even with a newer house. I hope that everything works out well for her!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Day has not gone well. I told my trainer if I am having so many problems, I am not answering the phone to answer questions (if I dont know anything why should I?) so I am off the phones until next month.

Will read todays posts. :)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Sara - sorry about bad day. TGIF!
    you can come over with Lana and we will all decorate AND drink wine :smiley:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2019
    Lynn, I am on my way!! We can have a wonderful time.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Talked to mom, yesterday. They found "something" in Gma's colon and want to do colonoscopy. Instead of calling mom like they said they would, they called Gma. Her response to colonoscopy, "Why? I know I have cancer" so, don't believe she will get it or any other tests done. She told mom, she wants to be with Gpa sooner. I am heartbroken, but I understand. She is 83 years old, the love of her life is gone, her family has fallen apart and, she has the horrible "C" word that devastates everyone it touches. She is taking her Chemo (pill) but, I don't think she will do more.

Dawn,

This is just awful news. I am so sorry that this is happening to your grandmother and your family. What scares me always is it's one thing to die from cancer (being dead is easy), but what any person will go through--and for how long?--before their death is just awful for the person and for their family. Thank goodness for the existence of hospice care. I am assuming that Missouri does not yet have death with dignity.

Big, warm hugs to you~
    Love and light~
    Lana

Thank you... she went to Dr, today... she agreed to colonoscopy... they said, it could be just inflammation... so far, only place they have found it is in her hip.. which, is where they did biopsy... colonoscopy would give better answers...we shall see.. there is no death with dignity that i'm aware of..we do have Hospice, we used for Gpa. I think I'm kinda numb about it. What a read about this particular cancer, some people don't even have to have any treatment. Until, they have symptoms. Which, Gma has had symptoms for many years (chronic pain in toe and leg) . They were never able to diagnose anything. Why did they finally decide to do biopsy? I honestly don't know. I will have to find out. Does that mean, she's sicker than we know? I don't know that, either... really makes me think about things...

Thank you so much for love and hugs..
    Dawn
  • arniedog74
    Dawn, piggy back on Lana's post, find out of Hospice is available in your area - it is such a comfort and help when your Gma gets to that point. Your Gma has her own plan, try to work with it as much as you can it will make all of those involved journeys with this easier.

I'm hoping she will do colonoscopy. She told the Dr she would. If she doesn't, no one is going to make her. No matter how upset we might get, it's her life, her body, her decision. We used Hospice for Gpa. They were really good. Also used Hospice for DH cousin he cared for. Very thankful for them.

Thank you for your thoughts..
  • arniedog74
    annliz23 wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Talked to mom, yesterday. They found "something" in Gma's colon and want to do colonoscopy. Instead of calling mom like they said they would, they called Gma. Her response to colonoscopy, "Why? I know I have cancer" so, don't believe she will get it or any other tests done. She told mom, she wants to be with Gpa sooner. I am heartbroken, but I understand. She is 83 years old, the love of her life is gone, her family has fallen apart and, she has the horrible "C" word that devastates everyone it touches. She is taking her Chemo (pill) but, I don't think she will do more.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time!

Thank you so much
  • arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Prayers and positive thoughts as your family navigates through this. <<<hugs>>>

Thank you so much.. hugs
  • arniedog74
    @arniedog74 I'm so sorry. Cancer is the worst! I hope your Grandmother's process is as peaceful as it can be

@Tilliesmommy1 Hopefully training goes better today and no tylenol is needed

@zorbaru Luckily you're catching it early and life seems less tumultuous so it should hopefully be a *relatively* easy fix

Happy Wednesday! I'm doing a wine and paint event where I get to paint my dog (how cool is that?!). I even woke up early to get a workout in before work since I'm missing the gym tonight (neither dog was very impressed I chose to sweat instead a morning walk--but they'll have to get used to it now that winter is coming). I'm probably going to bring sparkling water instead of wine. Especially with the holiday season upon us I don't need any additional indulgence days.

Thank you so much.. your wine/ paint party sounds fun! I always wanted to do that. No one to go with :neutral:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Work is just amazing in its stupidity. I am behind schedule (trainer's week off sick is not mentioned....) and trainer is hesitant to train me Monday on new stuff. Medicaid is a complicated system and requires more attention than the others. I told her we can at least try next week and see how it goes.

I am wearing aromatherapy at work to stop my going postal on my trainer, everything bothers her asthma so its not quite "too bad" but close.

Another lady in my former department was asked to apologize to her Supervisor because she hurt her feelings because she was asking for too much. So maybe its just this company of maybe a state of the nation at the moment.....???? Full Moon?

Dog to groomers and she is a shaggy mess so it is needed. Otherwise Knitting/packing is order of the day. I called mover and I was on a landline and could not text - guy was driving so I got off phone asap. I will try again today to set up moving time.

Gee another essay - sorry about that. Anyone have year 2020 resolutions yet?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I hope that you can relax mentally this weekend. Try to think of positive things. I bet Miss Tillie will be gorgeous after the groomers!

I have not done New Years resolutions because I could never ever follow through on them--a lifelong problem.

Maybe I should try one more time?
    The resolution I need to make is to swear off of buying and bringing home sweets, adult drink stuff, and junky-salty-unhealthy-for-you-foods. They cannot be in the house. Occasional, single servings are allowed at restaurants etc. once in a great while.

Thursday I bought a thing of 4 cupcakes at Trader Joe's. Who was I kidding? I ate all 4 on Thursday. I cannot control my gluttony when I'm home alone. 🐷

*snapping fingers for Cabana Boy to bring me the "2020 Golden Book of Resolutions", to enter my resolution*

Now here's the thing: When should I start this? Seems as though I should start it now, right? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lana

252.4 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2019
    Leandro just brought out The 2020 Golden Book of New Years Resolutions~~

1jvpdo9gbj8i.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana with the holiday feast smorgasbord coming up why not begin with little steps now so that come 2020 the gluttony will not be so hard to remedy.

Miss T did well with the groomer I was not sure with her recent past whining spells, but she looks wonderful and smells good.

A couple who just moved out of the area came by to pass out phone number/email in case Miss T wanted to spend time in the yard etc. Through the wife I found out where I could see what $$ deposit I have online listed on my lease, which was a relief as I also heard they will charge me pet carpet chemical treatment.

Also have mover locked in for correct day, I double checked the move - would really hate to have the wrong day.

Need to Nap or pack something - I have a feeling nap will win for now.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Got 2 boxes emptied from closet, those I cannot reach I will deal with another day this coming week. Tonight is packing the dust collectables into small boxes.

Oatmeal for dinner. With a microwave in new apt I can save a lot of time in the morning we shall see.

Father agreed about air filter - yarn fiber and dust with dog dander - would be nice to see /feel the difference. After moving I will look into it.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

One set of dust collecting breakables packed - shoe boxes came in handy. Next set of breakables today. Kitchen ware will probably go into my knitting containers.

I have a neighbor who is tall enough to hang pictures and reinstall my TV on the wall. I have a nice ceiling fan and curtain hardware he can sell as the barter - hate dealing with $$ if I can help it.

Salads this week as it is a short week. Chinese for Thanksgiving so the tempting food will be out of my sight.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara -
    You are really humming along with your packing. Good for you!

As for the holidays, I guess the one good thing about my situation is I have no work/food groaning board temptations, I am eating at a restaurant for Thanksgiving, and I am not doing anything for Christmas or New Year's. So, this couple of months will not be The Eating Season for me. Whew~~

BBL

Lana

253.8 today (more self sabotage yesterday)
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi all

Dawn so sorry for what you are going through. Prayers and thoughts with you

Sara - you’re doing great guns on the packing. Well done. So impressed at your consistency and tenacity. Keep it up.

Lana - than you for the golden book of resolutions. I’m taking it up and setting my goals now so I manage the festive season rather than make more damage and arrive in January feeling bloated and even more unhappy with myself.

Resolutions
    I’m taking up a step challenge. I will get more active by doing a walk tomorrow, 2 x 7 minutes app challenges by Thursday and another walk between Tuesday and Friday. Also log my water this week and increase it.

What are your goals fellow champions?

xx
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Dawn - my thoughts are with you!
    Sara - your getting there with the packing well done
    Lana - thanks for the book idea
    French fancy - sounds like a good plan hope it goes well!

I plan to increase by exercises this week and abs exercises to also try to get some more xmas presents and complete the pooches feet/nails.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Go for it Annliz. Sounds a great plan