Snacks????

ballaredance
ballaredance Posts: 6 Member
Please hit me with ideas?

Cake, chocolate and biscuits are my first choice but obviously have a huge drawback 🙈

I’m not a big fruit fan.

And feeling stuck.....

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Nuts, if you can keep it to just a few.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    have a handful of Hershey's kisses, they are 20 calories per piece. I limit myself to five or six pieces at a time or 100 calories.
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Cucumber with Italian dressing for about 50 calories
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    rice cake with whipped cream cheese
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Raw veggies. A lot of chewing for not many calories. Low fat yogurt. Jerky. Hot air popped popcorn.

YES! all of this too. my go to snacks
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited November 2019
    cottage cheese
    Greek/Icelandic yogurt (mix in peanut butter and perhaps chocolate chips for a DELICIOUS snack - tastes like cookie dough)
    jerky
    deli turkey roll ups with cream cheese and pickles
    raw veggies and hummus
    nuts (I love cashews)
    oatmeal
    hard boiled eggs

Also, I love this list from Healthline (and I love their articles):
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/healthy-high-protein-snacks
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Sugar free pudding,jello,low cal ice creams to fudge pops,fruit pops.

Popcorn,Apple in salads for the sweet tooth top with waldens dressing 0cal (taste till you find flavor you like the Ranch eggy yuck ,but they had 2types yummm loved
    G Hughes bbq sauce sweet flavored 10calories

Special K cereals lots of flavors add Sugarfree Cashew or almond milk. Can add a tap of peanut butter or honey 🍯 or dark chocolate bits. Even nuts

Lots out there but got to search. I was surprised to find Cheetos are lower calorie than most chips even especially baked Cheetos!

Orange juice from fresh squeezed.

Frozen mixed broccoli or regular can add a tap cheese or even garlic 🧄 or many others like sunflower seeds or nuts.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    This might sound kinda out there but I like snacking on frozen peas.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    My high-protein but really tasty (to me, anyway) favs:

Shelled edamame (makimame?), with a little soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sea salt (coarse salt/large flake salt)

Greek yogurt mixed with cheddar cheese powder (like what people put on popcorn -- I usually use King Arthur Flour vermont cheddar cheese powder.

Plain cottage cheese with dried herbs, onion salt, garlic powder

Plain kefir or thinned traditional yogurt with savory herbs and spices (lots of black pepper, maybe some garlic powder, etc.) for a drink

I don't usually reach for sweets for a snack (I tend to think of sweets for dessert), but a little milk chocolate or semisweet chips with a small spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter is good.

Also, powdered hot chocolate mix made with just a little milk or nondairy milk, until it's the consistency of brownie batter, is really good.
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Home made kale chips.... MMMM!!! So crunchy and very flaky and delicate, which slows me down a bit lol!

They aren't too fussy but here's how I make mine:
    1. Rip up enough clean, dry kale (the kind doesnt matter.. I prefer curly) to cover two baking sheets (you want it to lay in a single layer but it shrinks a lot)
    2. In a bowl or right on the tray, add a scant tbsp of olive oil, a tbsp of tahini, maybe a pinch of garlic powder, and the SMALLEST PINCH OF SALT (it goes a long way - you will ruin with too much salt). Mix it up. I also add nutritional yeast after mixing
    3. Bake at 250F for about 20 minutes until crisp. Enjoy immediately.

I made this twice over for dinner last night. The heart wants what it wants.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    SMARTFOOD! I just love the cheesy popcorn, and they make it in single serving packs, 100 calories, so you don't have to weigh it or "judge" how many servings you've eating. I'm also a chocoholic, so as someone else mentioned, I have 6 Hershey dark chocolate kisses every night, and I suck on them so they last longer. :wink: There are tons of other 100 calorie snack packs out there as well, if popcorn doesn't float your boat. Also Fiber One bars, love the chocolate fudge brownies, and they now come in a 70 calorie version along with the regular 100 calorie versions. Ooo, another fav of mine is 1/2 serving of Totitos "cups" with some homemade salsa! About 75 calories for the chips, and less than 20 for the salsa to go with. LOTS of options out there if you look around. :smile:
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Please hit me with ideas?

Cake, chocolate and biscuits are my first choice but obviously have a huge drawback 🙈

I’m not a big fruit fan.

And feeling stuck.....

Since it seems you want some 'sweet/baked' options, I'd check on Chocolate Covered Katie's site. She tweaks recipes so that they are calorie reduced.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    I love vegetables like red pepper, jicama, and snap peas dipped in one of Bolthouse creamy dressings. Cucumber and tomato slices with Tajin seasoning is really good. Apples microwaved with cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I really like the baked cheese bites, Decided they get a bit pricey. So now do my own. Hard cheese work great. Put on a silcone mat, on a baking pan, in little piles, with spices. Bake at 425 for anywhere from 7 to 15 minutes. They make great snacks. I just bag up when cool So they are grab and go.

Servings of cut veges in mini mason jars, or other small containers. All sorts of stuff for dips, greek yogurt, bottled dressing, salsa, avocado.

• Hard boiled egg and string cheese or english muffin with natural peanut butter and honey.
  • ctupdu
    ctupdu Posts: 28 Member
    Here is a weird snack for you...... mix cottage cheese, salsa, and avocado together and use as a dip for tortilla chips. Really good.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited December 2019
    Here's another weird snack for you that I eat every day. No judging! Lol.

I put Waldon Farms pancake syrup and cinnamon on 150g of sliced mushrooms in a bowl. Mmm Mmm good!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    I have a sweet tooth also, I mix unsweetened cocoa powder into nonfat greek yogurt and sweeten it with stevia. Low cal, high protein and very satisfying! I change it up by adding nuts or frozen berries.