Curious: do you track on Thanksgiving (or any holiday)?

Options

Replies

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Nope, just enjoying myself on Turkey day!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For me, accurate tracking and consistent logging are necessary to my weight maintenance, made easier by the fact that I almost always prepare my own food. This Thanksgiving is going to be a rare away-from-home full-on food bacchanalia which I'll log using one of those generic "Thanksgiving feast" entries.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Christmas day and my birthday are not logged.. 😁
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Try to log everything, but don’t worry too much about accuracy. Christmas Eve is the exception. We have hor’dourves as our meal, and anything goes. I look forward to this meal all year.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes, I always track. I just estimate though because I am in maintenance so I don't really care how accurate I am as long as I maintain long term right now.

I've never been one to stuff myself or go overboard on thanksgiving because I am not really a fan of most thanksgiving food. I just like the turkey, veggies, and a slice of homemade pie. (Christmas is a different story as I LOVE cookies, lol)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No, I don't log on Thanksgiving or any other holidays, specially if I am eating out or not cooking the meals myself. I am in maintenance and I have a pretty good idea on how to control my portions.

I don't eat most of the holiday's food anyway because I don't care for most casseroles or pies, so that saves me calories. I don't binge either because that is not my thing and my stomach doesn't agree with it anyway. I just eat in moderation and I enjoy the food that I like, and the company of family or friends seating at the table.

Estimations are too much work and in my book totally unreliable.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I track on holidays and vacations too 😁
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I log it all...of course the dinner, etc., with others are estimates...I'm not going to weigh out everything I eat during dinner lol

I'm just curious of the carnage that took place😆
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    My body still tracks, so I still track. Albeit generally a bit more loosely, and not paying so much attention to staying within my allowance :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this long enough that I can eyeball and estimate. In the past I would take moderate portions of the foods I liked, leave the foods that I didn't care for, and only eat one serving of whatever I chose. It worked for me. I've never gained over the holidays.

Also, during the week leading up to Thanksgiving I'm being very tight with my calories and not overeating so I have some wiggle room come Thursday.

Friday I will be back to my normal eating habits.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I always log but it does bother me to do so without my scale. My in-laws think I'm weird enough as it is.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No logging for me during Christmas or any holiday time, never did, even when losing. I stop eating when I'm full. (in maintenance over 6 years), it seems I can do moderation well. :smile:
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about 100 calories less my usual this week, exercising, and will go over on Thanksgiving, but will track as best I can.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I will log. I recently ate a Thanksgiving meal (my family makes a full turkey spread for all kinds of occasions). I have it saved in my meal diary. I eyeballed it during the last one and had to guesstimate on the food as I didn't input all the recipes but I figured it would give me a good idea as to where I am. I am going to try to weigh my food this time and get a more accurate count but we will see how it goes!

Logging something is better than nothing for me.
  • Ilovecookies2001
    Options
    Since I'm cooking this year, I'm going to do my best guess and log it all before I eat that morning. (I pretty much know how much I'll eat since I'm cooking) and just enjoy the rest of the day. I normally don't though when I'm eating at someone else's place. I also don't for short vacations, my birthday and a couple of other special occasions either. I usually go over on special occasions because of drinks & desserts but that's ok because they don't happen too often.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don’t plan to track, but don’t really go overboard either. It’s just dinner with the price jacked because of the number on the calendar....
This discussion has been closed.