Goodnight everyone hope everyone had a great day and a better tomorrow
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Goodnight everyone hope everyone had a great day and a better tomorrow

And to you too :)
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday funday singles fam. Let’s go Pm to chat about anything you’re mind is thinking about let’s go

Why PM?

That’s a good question
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    A tip for those of us who will be alone during the upcoming holidays & not feeling optimally about it... not just sans mates, but for those who won't be joining gettogethers with family or friends. I learned long ago to not sit at home, depressed, pouting or staying in bed, feeling awful about another holiday passing me by. It's still my holiday, too & I can easily enjoy it, too.

Sure, most of us would probably prefer to be with others, but there's something peaceful about taking a long walk when most are inside celebrating... we can still hear the sounds of Christmas music & laughing (or arguing, in some cases, lol) coming from inside homes, church bells, enjoy the smell of cooked turkey throughout the 'hood, take joy in seeing people arrive with packages at loved one's homes.

When I notice all of the above, I say to myself, good for them, that's for me, too & I silently accept that I'm out & about, enjoying my holiday & next year, maybe the whole script will have changed & I'll be taking a walk with an SO, hand in hand, enjoying our holiday. If not, that's okay too... cuz I'll still be out & about, taking in the season & hey, fun for us, the holidays come again the following year!

Many things are open on holidays. Some coffee places & restaurants, movie theatres, retail stores. They're not my first choices, but we can be amongst people, if we'd prefer. I enjoy walks in the chill of the season, bringing my own small bullet thermos of coffee & perhaps a holiday treat I baked. I usually make turkey & all the trimmings & split it into quarters to freeze for another frosty, winter day when I slow heat it in a cast iron pan in the oven... the entire house smelling of turkey & stuffing yet again. And, I've had more simple holiday burgers, too, going all out with toppings of bacon, avocado, olives & homemade French fries... what could be better?

If you can't get out or prefer not to... I guarantee, if it's 35-below with the windchill & snowing sideways... I'm staying in, looking out the window at the beauty... still enjoy yourself indoors. Have holiday music playing (the old crooners of the past never fail with our childhood faves... Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby or even Peanuts & the gang singing Charlie Brown songs), watch your fave Christmas movie... for me, it's The Ref (not everyone's choice, but I like to laugh, although a couple of years ago, I binge watched the entire Sopranos series instead), dance, do some yoga, eat & don't overdo depressive alcohol. A little goes a long way, especially when alone.

The key to a lift-your-spirits endorphin rush is moving... dance, sing, eat with joy, enjoy your time.

We all deserve a Happy Thanksgiving. Never forget that guaranteed, there is someone in each of our lives, whether we know him/her or not, whose life is better & improved with us in it. We may not be aware that we momentarily uplift a mildly or severely depressed person, who hides it so no one knows, when we cross paths in the subway or elevator or street. simply by saying 'Good Morning' cheerfully every day or even once. We're their hero & we'll never know.

We make a difference. We matter. We can enjoy each & every holiday alone... or weekend, for that matter. If you're feeling like you don't want to bother celebrating since you're alone, stop. It's not hard work. A Cornish hen & a few potatoes tossed into a Dutch oven with some seasonings is as tasty as a huge turkey & takes all of 10-min to prepare. Slow cook it all day... it really cheers me up, that wonderful aroma, all day long. You deserve it. And, we all have a reason to be thankful because for certain, we've touched someone's life for the better. Next year we may be partnered & will only think back to feeling alone & sullen on last year's holiday, when we could have instead enjoyed our last holiday alone. I'm affirming that this will be my last Christmas alone... how wonderful that I have 12-mos to reach my goal.

I am not alone. Neither are you. So don't open the door to loneliness, when there's no need. When I'm filled with joy or even just contentment, I have no room for unpleasant feelings... they can knock on someone else's door & hopefully be shunned there, as well... we're all filled with joy here.

Besides, Santa comes down the chimney, so we've no time for sullenness when we've got to clear the grate & put out the holly themed mat so he doesn't track mud all over the throw rug.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

P.S. If you're light on decorations, as am I, many outlets (supermarkets, I've noticed) are selling $10 rosemary "Christmas" trees. At least the rosemary can be dried & stored for cooking afterwards... Christmas all year long!

Oh, & we can come onsite on Christmas Eve/Day to wish at least one other poster a happy holiday. We're all thinking about each other... that's not being alone!

giphy.gif

Wow. You give great advice. Well said!! Where are you from? :)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Happy Sunday funday singles fam. Let’s go Pm to chat about anything you’re mind is thinking about let’s go

*your

That is what my mind is thinking about. Not worthy of a PM though
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    jruch23 wrote: »

@jruch23 That litany is more for my benefit... holidays can be tough for many.

Where I'm from is a 4-hr answer for 3 consecutive days... no one usually gets that info sans a frosty cocktail.

giphy.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    jruch23 wrote: »

@jruch23 That litany is more for my benefit... holidays can be tough for many.

Where I'm from is a 4-hr answer for 3 consecutive days... no one usually gets that info sans a frosty cocktail.

giphy.gif

I like reading your posts, you've a quick wit and fun sense of humour. The world needs more of that. 🙂
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    I'd have been completely fine with gaining 5 pounds, via all of my eating & drinking {I actually would've ceased, then} but it's only an exact, 4 pound gain!

My best, ever!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    I like reading your posts, you've a quick wit and fun sense of humour. The world needs more of that. 🙂

@slimgirljo15 Ah, thank you kindly. The world could do with a good jolt of daily kindness, as well. Nice to meet you. :smile:
  • slimgirljo15

@slimgirljo15 Ah, thank you kindly. The world could do with a good jolt of daily kindness, as well. Nice to meet you. :smile:

The pleasure is all mine 🙂
  • scostello3279
    scostello3279 Posts: 6 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Good morning everyone!

It's Monday but that's ok because it's a 3 day work week for many people. I'm looking forward to snagging all the deals up this Thursday-Monday.

What are you guys planning to buy this grey Thursday/Black Friday/ Cyber Monday?
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member

*your

Do you only PM people with good grammar?
  • Versicolour

*your

No. But correcting people's grammar tends to cause very short conversations. So not worthy of a PM
  • jacktherower

*your

No. But correcting people's grammar tends to cause very short conversations. So not worthy of a PM
    My grammar is sir Walter Raleigh grade high
  • Versicolour

*your

Fantastic! I won't claim to have excellent grammar, but when the easy stuff is incorrect it irks me
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

It's Monday but that's ok because it's a 3 day work week for many people. I'm looking forward to snagging all the deals up this Thursday-Monday.

What are you guys planning to buy this grey Thursday/Black Friday/ Cyber Monday?

In years past, I have bought stuff on my wish list that was cheap. I don't think there is anything that I need particularly badly, but will keep an eye on deals and possibly buy some thing(s) that I have been wanting for awhile. Or if there is a sale on my brand of shoes, I may buy a bunch. I run a lot of miles, so have been known to buy several pairs of shoes once or twice each year when there are deals.
  • jacktherower

*your

Fantastic! I won't claim to have excellent grammar, but when the easy stuff is incorrect it irks me
    I hate when people swap their and there. Respect drops 100 points. There are MBA educated people who misspell like this.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

*your

I hate when people swap their and there. Respect drops 100 points. There are MBA educated people who misspell like this.

Their, their...it will all be alright
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

In years past, I have bought stuff on my wish list that was cheap. I don't think there is anything that I need particularly badly, but will keep an eye on deals and possibly buy some thing(s) that I have been wanting for awhile. Or if there is a sale on my brand of shoes, I may buy a bunch. I run a lot of miles, so have been known to buy several pairs of shoes once or twice each year when there are deals.

Cool. I've got my eye on Travel Tuesday. I have a few international trips coming up next year & I'm hoping to get deals on flights.