Can’t lose weight

Ok I am at my wits end with this weight loss thing. At one point, I had lost about 25/30lbs but I was at the gym 6 days a week and eating chicken and fish like it was going out of style. I ended meeting my boyfriend got into that comfortable stage of the relationship and gained all my weight back. I go to boxing 3 times a week or so and if I miss boxing I go to the gym. I am also doing weight watchers. The scale WILL NOT BUDGE. I eat fairly healthy on weight watchers and stay within my points. I don’t know what else to do. Someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    What you have gained, you can lose again. Think salary - you gained it, next thing it's gone! Stick to a healthy life style like MFP and trust all those supportive members. You can't eat "points" - but you can start weighing all your food / beverages / alcohol diligently, record them here and voila!
  • ryanmagu
    ryanmagu Posts: 14 Member
    Have you tried strict Keto?
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    So I looked at your FOOD diary. In the last week you logged two or three days. On all of those days you were way under your calorie goals.

Try to hit those numbers.

Not go 600 calories under them. Get close to them. Under eating sets off a whole chain of events and none of them are good. Stress on the body can cause higher cortisol levels which is going to work against you.

I second this 100%. I was having a bad few weeks and barely ate. My goal to lose 2 lbs/week is around 2000 calories but I was eating maybe 1200-1300 and the scale did not budge. I was working out on top of barely eating. I start eating at least 1500-2000 and the scale moves like crazy. This is especially true if you are working out, you need to fuel your body. I promise you, it helps!
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Weigh your food - stay within your allowed calories and the scale will go down but don’t get het up in that. I know you want to see results but if you stick to the plan, you will.

I am 22days into my deficit and I’ve been strict (and diaried) and I’ve dropped 5.5kg on the scale. Yes, some will be water loss due to significant carb reduction but I’ve tried diets in the past and was adamant my weight wouldn’t budge.

It’s mind-set but you just have to commit. I’m excited to see where I can take this now- it’s great.

Happy for you to add if you want to bang heads!! 👍🏽
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Kinda seconding what others have said here. Go to the Goals section, put in 1 lb/week (or some goal of that nature), and it'll spit out a calorie target. Hit that number as close as you can, as often as you can. Don't go under, don't go over, don't take cheat meals or off days or anything like that, just hit that target religiously, day in day out, for a month or two. Weigh all your food to the gram on a food scale and/or record info from food labels from packaged food - don't let anything go in your mouth that isn't accounted for. You will lose the weight if you do this. In 6 or 8 weeks, take a look at how much weight you lost, compare to the goal you'd given MFP, and adjust accordingly. Sometimes it's off by 10 or 15 %, but it is not going to be off by 50 %. If you expect to lose 8 pounds in 8 weeks, the odds are very, very, very high that you will lose 7-9 pounds in that time if you hit that calorie number as close as humanly possible every day. You do not need to do anything else. You don't need to count points, eat healthy foods, or anything else. All you need to do is hit that monotonous, unchanging number like clockwork every day for a couple months.