• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Gumbo paleo in instapot
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Smoked/grilled buffalo wings..
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I've got a mate coming over for dinner tonight. He's a little complicated to feed because of FODMAPs intolerance to onions and garlic. Planning to do California roll your own hand rolls, miso soup with tofu and seaweed, pavlova for dessert.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Not a meal, but I have beef stock cooking in the Instant Pot. I essentially only really use the thing for beans and stock but it's very good at both of those. Beef bones were on sale for $1.29/pound at the HMart (a national Korean chain) I went to and they had some flank steak that needed to be sold today that was $2/pound.

It probably has another hour and a half or so in the IP and then will take forever to natural release. I'll likely let it cool in a large container before portining it into smaller jars for freezing as there is going to likely be a lot of fat that needs to be removed (and saved for some other purpose).

And this, friends, is why buying "bone broth" is a waste of money when you can just make it yourself.
  • acpgee
    Roll your own California hand rolls and miso soup. I forgot to take a picture of the raspberry pavlova until after we dug in.
    d6j9ccxyu5a7.jpeg
    hcunybqnu3q6.jpeg

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    jc4meandu wrote: »
    you like cooking?

Welcome to the thread jc4meandu!

If it's solely for myself, I do quite enjoy cooking (soups, stews, one pan roasts, on the grill and salads).

For family and friends, even catering, I prefer to take directions, as an assistant to the lead in the kitchen, not at all opposed to maintaining a clear and clean kitchen as we work through the preparations from start to table.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    A quick soup with beef broth that I made earlier today, vermicelli noodles, korean style dumplings, and a chopped scallion. Could easily be improved by adding fish sauce, some sort of green, etc. That said, it was fast and good.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Moroccan-style chicken with prunes, almonds, couscous. Pressure cook version. Served with side cucumber-tomato salad. Tastes great, even if the presentation isn't spectacular. Fast/easy in the cooker. Still have to figure the MFP macros. Tri-color couscous, by the way, accounting for the colored speckles.

zyt7itktluar.jpg
  • xoxvassyxox
    xoxvassyxox Posts: 4 Member
    These have been the last couple of days.. let me know if you need recipes.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Baked Caesar Chicken with Sauteed Yellow Squash
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Another simple-ish, pre-Thanksgiving meal: slowcooker Italian-style chicken served over spaghetti squash and sauce, mixed veg on the side.

ffmjht3bsexs.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Rib eye steak and Asparagus
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Turkey smoked sausage with a sweet potato, pepper and onion hash.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Very tasty (but a complete fail in terms of form!) sweet potato and harissa cakes.

I’m experimenting with sweet potato because it’s something that I’ve always thought I didn’t really like but I’m discovering how good it is late in the day!

I’ll take a tip from the post above me and use the rest of the mixture as hash! 😂
  • eaglebob1960
    eaglebob1960 Posts: 11 Member
    I had my usual breakfast of 12oz of instant coffee, oatmeal with Smart Balance, brown sugar, and raisins. For lunch I'll have roasted turkey with cornbread dressing and green beans with homemade cranberry sauce. I've never been much on gravy, so no temptation there!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last night's dinner: Salmon, Brussel sprouts cooked in bacon oil and mushrooms!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Homemade French onion soup.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    bacon, potato and cheese quiche served w/ sausage patties
  • acpgee
    I get to cook tomorrow as I have an old school friend coming for dinner. I am the designated weekend and company cook in my household. Starter of chicken satay, compressed Malaysia rice with cucumber and red onion salad maybe with lalab dressing. Main of Vietnamese roll your own summer rolls with satay sauce. Dessert of Cambodian pumpkin custard.
    https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html
    https://www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/compressed-rice-for-chicken-satay~r1TedPiwzcZ7
    https://pisangsusu.com/442-lalab-with-tomato/
    http://www.shinahchang.com/blog/2014/06/09/yum-vietnamese-summer-roll-party
    https://www.cambodiarecipe.com/recipe/cambodian-pumpkin-coconut-custard/