Ninja Foodi?

AmyG1982
AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
Like it? Don’t? Worth the money?

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    They lost my sale when i realized you can't air fry and pressure cook at the same time. Way over priced for what it can and can't do. Also, the grill plate makes grill marks look like crap. Should have went with a diamond pattern.

I'll stick to my instant pot, and Air Fryer XL w/rotisserie basket.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm posting to follow this thread. I'm curious of other people's experiences with the Foodi as well. I want one and I've seen good reviews, but its always nice to hear of real people using it and what their experiences are like.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    LOVE IT!! I use mine almost every day. I love how I can make roasted chicken in 20ish minutes. Cook food from frozen if I forget to take something out. And the air frying finish is good. Plus it has other functions like the steamer and slow cooker.
  • huddleup
    huddleup Posts: 46 Member
    Had mine about a week. Still trying to learn the idiosyncrasies of it. I'm finding I have to adjust the recipes that came with it. Had to add more water to make the rice tender. Can't cook vegetables with the meats. Most of the recipes call to broil or air fry the meat which dries out or burns the vegetables. Next adventure is cooking pasta. Will increase the liquid in it too to make it tender. Haven't tried the slow cooker or steamer yet. Do like that it shortens my cooking time. Interested in hearing others tips and opinions.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited January 2020
    They lost my sale when i realized you can't air fry and pressure cook at the same time. Way over priced for what it can and can't do. Also, the grill plate makes grill marks look like crap. Should have went with a diamond pattern.

I'll stick to my instant pot, and Air Fryer XL w/rotisserie basket.

I'm not sure it would even be possible to pressure cook and air fry at the same time. One is based on pressurized steam doing the cooking and the other is using the circulation of air to create a crispier texture than you would otherwise achieve.

Edit: Oops, someone already pointed that out.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    What? Sneaky food? 🤔
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    LOVE IT!! I use mine almost every day. I love how I can make roasted chicken in 20ish minutes. Cook food from frozen if I forget to take something out. And the air frying finish is good. Plus it has other functions like the steamer and slow cooker.

I just ordered one yesterday, @Chef_Barbell, based on your comments throughout the threads. And got it for $90, B) . What should I try to make first?
  • Chef_Barbell

I just ordered one yesterday, @Chef_Barbell, based on your comments throughout the threads. And got it for $90, B) . What should I try to make first?

Yes!!! Ribs is what I made first... then the roasted chicken recipe that comes with it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Yes!!! Ribs is what I made first... then the roasted chicken recipe that comes with it.

Ooh, hubby will be down for ribs, for sure!
  • Chef_Barbell

Ooh, hubby will be down for ribs, for sure!

The recipe book that comes with it, is awesome.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I ended up getting one too, so far my favourite has been beef jerky (mine has the dehydrator function), air fried (fresh made) hamburgers and pressure cooked stew!