Curious: do you track on Thanksgiving (or any holiday)?

Replies

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Nope, just enjoying myself on Turkey day!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 230 Member
    For me, accurate tracking and consistent logging are necessary to my weight maintenance, made easier by the fact that I almost always prepare my own food. This Thanksgiving is going to be a rare away-from-home full-on food bacchanalia which I'll log using one of those generic "Thanksgiving feast" entries.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Christmas day and my birthday are not logged.. 😁
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    Try to log everything, but don’t worry too much about accuracy. Christmas Eve is the exception. We have hor’dourves as our meal, and anything goes. I look forward to this meal all year.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes, I always track. I just estimate though because I am in maintenance so I don't really care how accurate I am as long as I maintain long term right now.

I've never been one to stuff myself or go overboard on thanksgiving because I am not really a fan of most thanksgiving food. I just like the turkey, veggies, and a slice of homemade pie. (Christmas is a different story as I LOVE cookies, lol)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited November 2019
    No, I don't log on Thanksgiving or any other holidays, specially if I am eating out or not cooking the meals myself. I am in maintenance and I have a pretty good idea on how to control my portions.

I don't eat most of the holiday's food anyway because I don't care for most casseroles or pies, so that saves me calories. I don't binge either because that is not my thing and my stomach doesn't agree with it anyway. I just eat in moderation and I enjoy the food that I like, and the company of family or friends seating at the table.

Estimations are too much work and in my book totally unreliable.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I track on holidays and vacations too 😁
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I log it all...of course the dinner, etc., with others are estimates...I'm not going to weigh out everything I eat during dinner lol

I'm just curious of the carnage that took place😆
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    My body still tracks, so I still track. Albeit generally a bit more loosely, and not paying so much attention to staying within my allowance :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I've been doing this long enough that I can eyeball and estimate. In the past I would take moderate portions of the foods I liked, leave the foods that I didn't care for, and only eat one serving of whatever I chose. It worked for me. I've never gained over the holidays.

Also, during the week leading up to Thanksgiving I'm being very tight with my calories and not overeating so I have some wiggle room come Thursday.

Friday I will be back to my normal eating habits.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I always log but it does bother me to do so without my scale. My in-laws think I'm weird enough as it is.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    No logging for me during Christmas or any holiday time, never did, even when losing. I stop eating when I'm full. (in maintenance over 6 years), it seems I can do moderation well. :smile:
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I'm eating about 100 calories less my usual this week, exercising, and will go over on Thanksgiving, but will track as best I can.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I will log. I recently ate a Thanksgiving meal (my family makes a full turkey spread for all kinds of occasions). I have it saved in my meal diary. I eyeballed it during the last one and had to guesstimate on the food as I didn't input all the recipes but I figured it would give me a good idea as to where I am. I am going to try to weigh my food this time and get a more accurate count but we will see how it goes!

Logging something is better than nothing for me.
  • Since I'm cooking this year, I'm going to do my best guess and log it all before I eat that morning. (I pretty much know how much I'll eat since I'm cooking) and just enjoy the rest of the day. I normally don't though when I'm eating at someone else's place. I also don't for short vacations, my birthday and a couple of other special occasions either. I usually go over on special occasions because of drinks & desserts but that's ok because they don't happen too often.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    I don’t plan to track, but don’t really go overboard either. It’s just dinner with the price jacked because of the number on the calendar....
This discussion has been closed.