Motivation for self care?

Does anyone have any tips for staying motivated? I'm not taking care of myself. I haven't been showering as often as I use to, not eating much, not logging my foods and not eating healthy. Help me find the motivation. 😭

Replies

• FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    As long as you think every single minute , why you want to be fit , and you really want it from heart and willing to dedicate yourself towards it , nothing can stop ya. Stay Strong 💪 💪
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Have you seen a doctor recently and told him/her what's happening?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Motivation, if you are suffering from depression, will be hard to find. You have to cure that first, so agree with the above posters that finding support and perhaps counseling would be a good move and then the rest will come. Many posters have this problem or have gone through it, so they can give you good advice if you need it. Best of luck.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I use a site called Habitica and reward myself for doing basic things like brushing my teeth and logging my food. I then save up the coins and set "prices" for my rewards. Right now I'm saving up 3000 coins for a Nintendo Switch. I get into self-care slumps too. I know I feel better when I do my self-care, and it gets easier when I try not to rush through it to get it done, and instead try to be more mindful about how it makes me feel (better).
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I use a site called Habitica and reward myself for doing basic things like brushing my teeth and logging my food. I then save up the coins and set "prices" for my rewards. Right now I'm saving up 3000 coins for a Nintendo Switch. I get into self-care slumps too. I know I feel better when I do my self-care, and it gets easier when I try not to rush through it to get it done, and instead try to be more mindful about how it makes me feel (better).

YES! That was the gamifying app I was thinking of!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I agree with Elizabeth above...habit, routine, discipline. Make it something you just do every single day.
    You might not be excited about it, but hopefully over time you will see the value it brings to your life and health.

Sort of a silly example...but I never took care of my facial skin, until my late 30s. I didn't wash off my makeup before bed and rarely used moisturizer. I didn't have bad skin...but I realized I should do more to care for my face as I age. I started a 3 step nighttime routine plus A.M. moisturizer with sunscreen. It's just something I do now, as simple as brushing my teeth or putting on a bra. I have started to notice benefits, but it's honestly taken a few years of consistency before I saw any real change.