Vent out your bad news here

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Bad news today I woke up super sick ugh
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    The universe is setting you up for something more awesome than you know. Hang in there.

Thank you, MB. And, heal/feel better.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    8 interviews in 2-wks. Surely, I'd get 1 offer. Nope, got 8 rejection emails today. 8 in 1 day... why rub it in, Universe? Feedback for a few was that I'm overqualified... umm... because they're afraid I'd do too good a job??

Blew out my back last night & woke up to 8 rejections... I feel like Charlie Brown with a football.

Oh, well, being thankful for small things... at least my wife isn't sleeping with her brother.

13vlh3tbx7tb.png

I know the feeling. It sucks. Hang in there
  • mommabear4315
    Chipotle is out of fkn lettuce!

That's all.
    WHAT?!?!?
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    32-hrs into a 48-hr fast. It's been fairly easy, although... the stomach growling while looking at people's posted food pics is getting tough, but I feel great. Still can't wait to eat tomorrow... actually thought of eating coffee grounds, but they're awful with whipped cream. I'll wait...

giphy.gif

• mommabear4315
    banshee925 wrote: »
    My bad news today was waking to a call being shouted at and blamed for something that had nothing to do with me 🥺 Almost cried.

I just ended the call took a deep breath and pretended it didn’t happen 😊

Hope you feel better
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    My bad news is that my uncle (who I haven't seen since I turned 18 and left the state, but who is quite a lovely person) is constantly in the ICU because of heart palpitations and bad interactions with the medications they are using to monitor his condition. He goes in, gets slowly better, is released and within two weeks is back in ICU.

It's gotten to the point where even the doctors/nurses aren't sure how much longer his body can hold out with vicious infection cycle that seems to be happening with him.. so... there is a good chance he won't make it.. and that he will die before the year is out. This on the heels of my aunt who passed from pancreatic cancer in August.

Kinda bummed out with the news, but so far.. he's holding out and that's something. :grimace:

I'm sorry. I hope he can fight it!
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Unfortunately, my bad news just became worse: said uncle's heart can no longer keep up with the medications or the rigorous in/out of the hospital procedures and is relegated to hospice care (if he chooses to utilize it). They've done all they can for him at this point, sadly.

Very sorry to hear that
  • mommabear4315
    1sphere wrote: »
    Meh Ihate how I feel in the morning
    Hope you feel better. Just remember it’s Taco Tuesday 🌮!
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Unfortunately, my bad news just became worse: said uncle's heart can no longer keep up with the medications or the rigorous in/out of the hospital procedures and is relegated to hospice care (if he chooses to utilize it). They've done all they can for him at this point, sadly.

So sorry to hear this.