Cake

We had cake and ice cream today at work. I was tempted to eat some, but Friday and Sunday were high calorie days for me, so I decided to skip it. It was a bit awkward since everyone else at work did have some - but I managed to avoid it.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Nice work. I imagine everyone has to make those types of decisions. I have a harder time justifying additional treats when I have been on the plus side of my goal 2 days recently too. That is especially true when it is high calorie and I have to guess at how much.

• foreverblissful
    foreverblissful Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2019
    Omg this is me when I go out to eat with friends and family, especially my boyfriends side of the family! They tend to eat on the unhealthy side and always decide on everything last minute, so they tend to give me flack for choosing healthier options. I don't care because at the end of the day, I like having my snacks, feels like I get to eat all day everyday. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I used to eat 2-3 times a day and it sucked.
  • GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    There's nothing wrong with indulging once in a while and you can burn off those excess calories with exercising and even general house work. Have you included every type of exercise in your diary including housework? Some people don't realise it's there and taking your steps into account will decrease your calorie intake as well as you'll have burned some off ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • jujaws
    jujaws Posts: 192 Member
    Tomorrow is cake day ๐Ÿ˜…! I usually steer clear because I'm pretty particular about the texture and flavor of my cake. It has to be very moist and sort of dense and I hate super sweet frosting. I like whipped much better!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    jujaws wrote: ยป
    Tomorrow is cake day ๐Ÿ˜…! I usually steer clear because I'm pretty particular about the texture and flavor of my cake. It has to be very moist and sort of dense and I hate super sweet frosting. I like whipped much better!

I wish I was picky about cake lol.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    We had cake and ice cream today at work. I was tempted to eat some, but Friday and Sunday were high calorie days for me, so I decided to skip it. It was a bit awkward since everyone else at work did have some - but I managed to avoid it.

Wow good for you. I love cake
    Although I fell taking some cupcakes to friends yesterday and threw the cupcakes and was able to toss them out. Haha. Shed a little tear
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I am not sure this will work for everyone but...I do eat ice cream and sweets. BUT I do eat just a little. I have been eating ice cream several evenings a week, depending on what I have eaten earlier in the day. I measure out 1/3 a cup of ice cream and that is how much I eat. I can usually fit that in and still keep below my calorie allowance. I remind myself that I can have some more again in a day or two. My husband does not eat my ice cream. I am satisfied and I may also still be able to eat a piece of fruit like a cutie if I want it. Best of all, I am losing weight!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    There's nothing wrong with indulging once in a while and you can burn off those excess calories with exercising and even general house work. Have you included every type of exercise in your diary including housework? Some people don't realise it's there and taking your steps into account will decrease your calorie intake as well as you'll have burned some off ๐Ÿ˜Š

You understand that the basic "sedentary" activity setting in MFP includes some non-exercise activity, such as up to around 5,000 daily steps or equivalent?

I agree that you can burn extra calories by doing more than your activity setting implies, but starting to log routine housework can be a slippery slope to slowed weight loss. (Fitness tracker synch, with one of the trackers that works correctly with MFP, can be a good solution for people who are close to the statistical averages that tracker estimates are based on).
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2019
    @GreenValli Lovely that that way works for you -- we are all individuals and it makes sense that we should have a variety of ways that "fit" -- and that finding the best fit for you is really helpful. For me, while not sweets, something both savory that is both high in fat and carbs is not something I can have 1/3 of a cup of a few times a week. It's like, thanks for the slice of Chicago style pizza, now give me the rest of that pie! So I steer clear on regular weeknights and save that sort of blowout for a fun weekend night out with my gals.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Great job resisting! I struggle when it comes to sweet stuff, I doubt I could've done it in your shoes!