What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Sunday: 10 mile long run at 10:50 pace. Today: 2 mile walk and yoga.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    After yesterdays long run it was a loosen things up a bit day
    So it was my morning workout - Pilates based, then the walk to and from work and to close off a slow slow 4km jog in the evening
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Was in town and stopped by the gym while waiting for lunch. Talked to trainer and got some deadlifts in, as I had a chance to work on form and function. Will be helpful tomorrow. Being told my form was great was nice to hear.

So, Day 0025 cont.

Deadlifts:
    01 x 15 Reps: B + 02(45)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Today 11/25: Full body weight training, 35 min spin bike. (felt super strong today)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    2 hours bouldering.

This started off really badly. There was a v1 I started in my warm up, and I couldn't send it.

I got mildly obsessed with it. I got it on about the 15th go. You need to match hands on a finger pocket, with ropey foot holds whilst off balance. Once you've done this, the rest is easy.

I then got obsessed with a slabby V3. I fell off it around 20 times. Eventually, a good climber saw me and told me to use a heel hook. This got me over the crux, but I came close to falling a couple of times after that. However, I sent it.

I then got a couple more v3s (which were new to me - it had been reset since my last visit.)

So in the end, it turned out nice again. But if I had gone for 60 minutes, it would have been my worst session for a while.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Goblet squats, bench press, and deadlift. Couldn't motivate myself to go to erging this morning which I think I'm ok with given that this week has more rowing/erging planned than usual.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Moderately heavy (to me) squats, trap bar deadlifts, rows, pullups. Other words what some call legs/back workout.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Rest day... 60 min of stretching... planks and general variety of movements to wake-up the body in the morning!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Same old: Rowing machine, 3 x 2K on, 2' off (row out, drink break, row in), last 2' CD. Trying to reach/stay Z3, which mostly worked (round numbers, 29' of 34' Z3, only 21" Z4, rest WU at start and after drinks plus CD. 2:33.0 average pace overall, 19-20spm. Ran out of time, or I would've done 4x instead of 3x. Procrastinator! ;)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    I did my strength workout, but didn't get in a swim
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    40 minutes of weight lifting
    10 minutes of stretches
    15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill
    15 minutes on the Stairmaster
    10 minutes on the Jacobs ladder
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    45 min stretch/warm-up/rowing machine
    60 min with personal trainer
    60 more min strength training other weights
    15 min cool down/stretching

hot tub and cold plunge!

45 min afternoon nap!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Ok
    Monday was the funeral, so all I did was a quick yoga session before bed.

Tuesday I travelled most of the day but needed to blow off some steam. So I went to class.

45 min insanity- well and truly pushed myself and threw myself in to it. Not sure I have ever done burpees that fast.

50min boxercise - I partnered the instructor and had asked her to push me and oh boy did she.

Between the two classes I burnt just over 700 Calories. Not bad if i say so myself.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    11/25
    Warmup
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex
    Pushup - 34-27-20-14-7 (102)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)

11/27
    7-8 am:
    Yoga

1-2 pm:
    Conditioning
    Stationary Bike Intervals
    Warm-up - 5m
    Intervals - 10s High 50s Low x 15 (15m)
    Cooldown - 5m
    Core Strength
    L-Sit Slide to Standing - 5 x 5 (25)

6-7 pm:
    Conditioning
    Walk (60m)

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Today it will be shovelling my laneway. Should take an hour or so for hubby and into get it done.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    yesterday 11/26: 45 min spin bike, 100 pushups (40,20,20,20)
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    65 min swim (3500 yards/140 lengths)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I've graduated to using a resistance band!!!
    Lotsa biceps and rotator cuff work
    Usual range of motion stretches.
    Happy happy day