Veggie Thanksgiving

BoxerBrawler
BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
Anyone else having a vegan thanksgiving?

I am not a huge proponent of replacement foods but I did order a few Gardein Holiday Roasts w/gravy. Gardein is my go-too for replacement products. Good ingredients, good company.

Anyway, I got them because I am going to my sister-in-laws for Thanksgiving and she is a shiny new vegan lol! It's hard to break old habits and I find that a slow transition is best.

Anyway, I am super excited about all of the yummy winter and root vegetables thanksgiving has to offer and can't wait to stuff my face with many sweet potatoes!

So let's hear your favorite vegan thanksgiving day recipes! :smile:

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    You might like this article. Ottolenghi cooks vegetarian Christmas dinner.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/dec/04/yotam-ottolenghi-recipe-vegetarian-christmas
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited November 2019
    Homemade vegan "ham" (seitan). I'm trying this recipe: https://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/hamseitan.htm
    Cornbread dressing
    Cranberry sauce
    Green beans almondine
    Kale and apple salad
    Chocolate pie. Super simple: puree silken tofu in blender, add melted chocolate, blend, pour into your favorite graham cracker/cookie pie crust, refrigerate.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Oh let me know how the ham comes out. I saw a great recipe for a turkey made with Seitan but it seemed really complicated!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    We're ordering pasta in for Thanksgiving....I think that's vegan? I'm positive the wine is!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    I’m going to families so bringing something I know I can have not sure what yet. Then pick y choose when I get there. I’m more interested in what to do when I visit restaurants for Christmas with family. Daughter coming home from the Navy everyone chose one to meet up at. Luby’s to Golden Corral. For Christmas 🎄 might steal your ideas 💡!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    97ehgwkmza2d.jpeg

Celebrated today since I’m working tomorrow. 100% Vegan. Fried oyster mushrooms, stuffing, Mac & *cheese*, butter beans & greens, peach pound cake. All made by me.

Definitely a cheat day.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Thanksgiving was really created because of vegans😉 It's always been about the sides! There are just so many yummy dishes (vegan or vegetarian based). Stuffed squash is wonderful/ lentil and chestnut loafs, and then there's pumpkin pie...I'm not even American, so I wish you all happy eating
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Oh let me know how the ham comes out. I saw a great recipe for a turkey made with Seitan but it seemed really complicated!

I gotta say the seitan was EXCELLENT. It is the best seitan I've ever made and it was really not hard. I used my bread machine's dough setting to knead it, then put it in the crock pot overnight (12 hours). I thought it was a little sweet and might cut back on the maple syrup slightly next time, but we loved it and I will absolutely make it again.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    If you are having non-veg's to your vegan meal serve them veggie Arizona beans. I always make them for every holiday (onions, peppers, french cut green beans, garlic, chili sauce, 3-4 types of beans, and brown sugar - throw it all in the slow cooker and simmer for a few hours). It always goes over well even with the meat eaters.