Thanksgiving: What are you bringing to the table?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Just did a test run on what I’m bringing to thanksgiving. Home made Boursin Cheese scalloped potatoes! Waiting for our steaks to get done on the grill to try them! hakq5ndrk8dl.jpeg

Cheesy scalloped potatoes are my favorite... with fresh chevre. YES

Sensing a theme here.

I may be revealing too much about myself... oh no! haha
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77, thanks for that! I'm going to make it for Christmas buffet; Love roasted veggies and this is a bit different than my norm.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

It was good, and I'd do it again. I'd also consider a generous add of fresh thyme to the vinaigrette, as a variation.

Looks good. I just may do a pared down version for Christmas dinner (only 4 of us this year) and I am going to make Cornish Hens.

Something else I would consider adding instead of thyme is crispy sage. I would sprinkle it on top just before serving.

• brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Pecan pie brownies and peanut butter pretzel truffles dipped in chocolate.
    Maaaaybe an apple pie, too. My dad begs for my apple pies.

I plan to fast for basically the whole morning (our Thanksgiving dinner is more of a lunch) and then I will probably consume most of my calories in one sitting and then be full the rest of the night.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

I plan to fast for basically the whole morning (our Thanksgiving dinner is more of a lunch) and then I will probably consume most of my calories in one sitting and then be full the rest of the night.

We usually start the snacks around noon. Pumpkin Bowling is always at 1:00 (mostly standing around, doesn't burn off many calories) and dinner is generally around 4:00.
  • pancakerunner
    Options

I practice intermittent fasting on any regular day, so plan on the same :)
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is pescatarian and we aren’t really doing thanksgiving. But I noticed he bought two boxes of Stouffers stuffing so I think that’s a hint. I’ve never made it before.

Anyone have any good pescatarian menu ideas?
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @rose2_0 How about a whole baked fish (maybe in a salt crust) as the main protein? Or maybe a fish and shellfish stew (cioppino or bouillabase or mariscado)? Much more yummy than turkey!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,168 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is pescatarian and we aren’t really doing thanksgiving. But I noticed he bought two boxes of Stouffers stuffing so I think that’s a hint. I’ve never made it before.

If you can get Dungeness crab!

Use lots of mushrooms in the stuffing.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    The current plan is Stella Park's impossible pecan pie. If that doesn't work out (aka it crystallizes) I have ingredients for a backup not super heavy on attention to detail heavy pecan pie.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    We have a big family potluck - I think there's about 30 people going this year?
    I'm bringing stuffing, green bean casserole, queso (with green chile) & a Yule Log - weird family tradition but my little brother expects a made from scratch Yule log thanksgiving & Christmas. It's a pain in the neck.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »

I'm so jealous, I wish we were having fish instead! We have Stouffers stuffing every year, grew up on it. Luckily my SIL makes real mashed potatoes, my mom always made it from flakes and real potatoes are so much better!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try pickled grapes for the relish dish, based on a recommendation from @estherdragonbat.

And pecan pie...

ti9fi51obb5y.jpg

Yes, I am dredging up the first post from the thread because I MADE PICKLED GRAPES.

THEY ARE AMAZING.

That is all.

I just made mine last night, and haven't tried them yet.

5h4fjbapffb6.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try pickled grapes for the relish dish, based on a recommendation from @estherdragonbat.

And pecan pie...

ti9fi51obb5y.jpg

Yes, I am dredging up the first post from the thread because I MADE PICKLED GRAPES.

THEY ARE AMAZING.

That is all.

5h4fjbapffb6.jpg

I made some on the weekend. They were tasty. I didn't find them transforming, but I don't think I had the right context for max enjoyment, so I'l make more. I appreciate having this interesting new thing to try! (One of the many fun things about MFP forums . . . !)
  • onepebble
    onepebble Posts: 22 Member
    Options

And pecan pie...

ti9fi51obb5y.jpg

THEY ARE AMAZING.

That is all.

5h4fjbapffb6.jpg

I made some on the weekend. They were tasty. I didn't find them transforming, but I don't think I had the right context for max enjoyment, so I'l make more. I appreciate having this interesting new thing to try! (One of the many fun things about MFP forums . . . !)

I like the idea of pickled grapes, but wonder how you eat them.... I’m thinking as part of a cheese board? Or as a snack like olives?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Not food but I did find these cute little cans of vodka at the store. One's 5% and one's 7%. More than enough for me, lol, I have no tolerance.

o9z2tx2zm9s7.jpeg
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    onepebble wrote: »

And pecan pie...

ti9fi51obb5y.jpg

THEY ARE AMAZING.

That is all.

5h4fjbapffb6.jpg

I like the idea of pickled grapes, but wonder how you eat them.... I’m thinking as part of a cheese board? Or as a snack like olives?

If you're me, straight out of the jar.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    6vgphceq4ghr.jpeg

It’s also my dads birthday today... this is my poverty attempt at cake decorating. It’s tres leches... taste over appearance, right?