MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
Welcome cf68nv1j0vwe.png CHALLENGERS
This chat room is where the CHALLENGERS on this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the DECEMBER CHALLENGE - We have six (6) teams returning this month!
Our group and team leaders for the91vii32gnq9v.png Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @Fitness327wk and @shbarbor
Warriors Fitness Captain.- @Navydaddjtc
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and
@TeresaW1020
*Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Team Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @ConfidentRaven
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
*Team Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Team Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Team Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Each week, every challenger weighs in, and the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!
If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page.
In addition to weight loss, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. We have 3 different kinds of challenges. NONE is mandatory. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, though, so we hope to see you there often! Here they are:
Weekly Group Challenge - The six teams take turns to provide a Challenge for the entire group. These are posted Sundays in the Announcements area by the team assigned that particular week (see below). Everyone in the F2F Group as a whole is welcome to join in and get to know challengers from other teams. There is a new challenge every week, so you can try many new ideas.

F2F Moderators’ Challenge/Topic of the Week - The moderators also post a weekly challenge or topic in the announcements area. These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey.

Internal Team Challenges - Every team can run internal challenges - a step counting team, daily goals, weekly games or anything that can help keep everyone involved and on track. Your ideas are welcome - just post them here.

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges will be provided by:
Week 1 – Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 2 – Team TRIMSTONES
Week 3 – Team WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 4 – Team WAISTAWAYS
Week 5 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let us know ahead of time so another team can take your place or the moderators can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified.
Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS! YOUR MODS

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @Milica986 AND @wwood008
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATES SETTLED
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE DECEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • Milica986
    Milica986 Posts: 70 Member
    Hello! 🙂
    Thank you for having me here.
    Hope that I will be disciplined this winter and finally get to my best ever weight and best ever looks 😎

I am Milica, 33yo
    I will try to plan my meals better and to cook, not to buy junk food.
    I workout 4 times a week in the gym.

Good luck everyone!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Day six friends! Starting tmo!f4faqs14tjeg.jpeg
    For me is to finish my inspirational book that I know will help push me through December to the New Year!
    1ep5stmkn3r7.jpeg

Come on over and join us at the weekly team challenge and share! 🙏🙏💓🙏🙏 It has been so inspiring from all groups to hear about your successes. Go team at Fat 2 Fib!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Milica986 wrote: »
    Hello! 🙂
    Hope that I will be disciplined this winter and finally get to my best ever weight and best ever looks 😎

I am Milica, 33yo

Good luck everyone!

Welcome @Milica986 !!

We are wrapping up November over at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770308/mission-slimpossibles-november-chat (feel free to check it out) but expect to see a lot more activity over here starting tomorrow.
  • Navydaddjtc
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @kayla7303 AND @robynleegetsfit
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATES SETTLED
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE DECEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • robynleegetsfit
    robynleegetsfit Posts: 49 Member
    Username: robynleegetsfit
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sun
    Previous Weight: SW:
    Today's Weight: 246
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 164 (74.4kg)
    CW 160 (72.8kg)

Amazing! Lost 4lbs. They only difference is that I didn't eat any chocolate or sweets. But one major difference is that I ate lots of different foods than the same meal every breakfast and lunch.
    Happy December!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone!!! I’m so excited for a new month and for us all to move closer to our goals. Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!! :)

I am Teresa a Slimpossible captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain. We are looking for one more Motivator. If you are interested please message myself or @broncobuddee.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh-in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh-in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh-in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh-ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.

Team Challenge
    - this is something the team captains post. Last month we did a Step Challenge where we record how many steps, we complete each day and I keep up with tallying the score and announcing the weekly top stepper. I will be doing that again in November and will make a post about it so I can get your name if you want to be included in the Step Challenge.

Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or on the main group page.

Moderators Challenge
    - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or on the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

I’ll go ahead with an introduction

I'm Teresa! 😊 I’m a 53-year-old wife and mother to a fur baby named Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my church and a 3rd to 5th grade Sunday school teacher. I love spending time with my friends, reading, and watching the Great British Bake-Off! I don't bake so I'm living vicariously through those people. :D

I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my life and in 2017 got serious enough to join Weight Watchers. That lasted for over 2 years and I lost 60 lbs. in that time. I have another 40 or so to go and my current weight loss plan is intermittent fasting and Keto (with a carb day thrown in here and there). I usually work out in my own workout room (spare bedroom) on my treadmill and doing Beachbody On Demand programs. I like how working out makes me feel and after just a couple of months, I can now actually do a plank or two. 😉

I’ve been a member of Team Slimpossibles for well over a year or so and just recently became one of the team captains. I am excited for the opportunity to serve this team and in the process try to keep myself motivated on my own weight loss. As one of your captains, I promise to stay active in the group and do my best to keep you all motivated and committed to your health goals. It is also my goal that Mission Slimpossibles be at the top of the leader board for the most weight loss! Are you with me? B)
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2019
    THE TALLIES FOR THE t40376qqsqyq.jpgWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 3.3 POUNDS OR 0.01%

0tgbz3meo4gv.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Trimstones 0.32%
    INDIVIDUAL % kmfeig87 3.68%
    TEAM LBS LOST Trimstones 11.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kmfeig87 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.32%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Trimstones 11.2
    2nd WaistAways 5.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 1.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kmfeig87 3.68%
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 1.83%
    3rd @amytriesww 1.76%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kmfeig87 5.0
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 3.8
    3rd @amytriesww 3.7

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@jenready
    @Pearl4686
    @DreaRN15
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @mrmcgrath
    @tryingagain5
    @offitgoes
    @CharlesScott78
    @reflectionofme
  • Navydaddjtc
    THE TALLIES FOR THE29vibdret3px.pngWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    GRAND FINALE

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 132.9 POUNDS OR 0.57%

d663yovq3t0b.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    INDIVIDUAL % Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 51.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 19.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.90%
    3rd Weight No More 0.77%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 51.9
    2nd Workout Warriors 41.1
    3rd Weight No More 23.9

1st @Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    2nd @Lindamtuck2018 5.03%
    3rd @amytriesww 4.93%

1st @CharlesScott78 19.4
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 13.0
    3rd @amytriesww 11.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @CharlesScott78
    @kmargut
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Safari_Gal_
    @walkerjulian78
    @Shortgirlrunning
    @KathynDes
    @cafelelia
    @mrmcgrath
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2019
    THE TALLIES FOR THE t40376qqsqyq.jpgWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    AS A WHOLE WE LOST 3.3 POUNDS OR 0.01%

0tgbz3meo4gv.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Trimstones 0.32%
    INDIVIDUAL % kmfeig87 3.68%
    TEAM LBS LOST Trimstones 11.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kmfeig87 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.32%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Trimstones 11.2
    2nd WaistAways 5.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 1.3

1st @kmfeig87 3.68%
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 1.83%
    3rd @amytriesww 1.76%

1st @kmfeig87 5.0
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 3.8
    3rd @amytriesww 3.7

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@mrmcgrath

@mrmcgrath - Congratulations for being on the weekly leader board! Woohoo! 🥳 🥳 🥳
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Steps 4376

Whoo hooo. Not really sure how that happened. But I will celebrate all the same!

I hope everyone has a a fantastic week!

Welcome to all our new friends that have joined for December. I am so happy to see you here. I am Michelle, 43 year old mother to 2, 1 at college and 1 about to be. I am on here every day but sad to say I do not always post. My plan is to get more and more involved with each passing month. Maybe December will be the month I go all out and participate more in the social aspect of this challenge.

I wish you all a fantastic Sunday!

12/1
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.2
    Todays Weight: 196

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: in line
    Steps : 4376
    Exercise: -

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • mrmcgrath

I love spending time with my friends, reading, and watching the Great British Bake-Off!. 😉

I love LOVE this show! One day (so I keep saying) I am going to attempt to make some of the goodies I see on there show. I won’t be able to eat them but I could give them to others as a “thinking of you treat”.
  • mrmcgrath
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 164 (74.4kg)
    CW 160 (72.8kg)

Amazing! Lost 4lbs. They only difference is that I didn't eat any chocolate or sweets. But one major difference is that I ate lots of different foods than the same meal every breakfast and lunch.
    Happy December!

Congratulations on a great week!

• mrmcgrath
    Milica986 wrote: »
    Hello! 🙂

I am Milica, 33yo

Good luck everyone!
    Glad you are here @Milica986. I like to plan my meals on Saturday or Sunday, go to store on Monday and then be ready for the week! I love to find new recipes and it has brought the joy of cooking back in my life!

• mrmcgrath
    kayla7303 wrote: »
    Hi all! I’m Kayla :) I have already lost about 58 pounds so far and have 26-39 pounds to go! I have just started back at the gym recently and switched to a pretty clean, Mediterranean style diet.

HW 265
    CW 207.2
    GW 169-181 (based on bf%)

Glad you are here and Congratulations on your lost 58 pounds!!🎉🎊🎉🎊

• mrmcgrath

So glad you are here!

• Navydaddjtc
    Captain’s responsibilities include:

* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
    * Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
    * Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.
  • Navydaddjtc
    GOOD MORNINGku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg
    CHALLENGERS AND WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE
    A QUICK INTRO HERE
    I AM GREG AKA @NAVYDADDJTC
    I AM THE GROUP OWNER, MODERATOR AND FITNESS CAPTAIN FOR THE FITNESS WARRIORS

I HAVE TAKEN A STEP FROM THE TEAM CAPTAIN POSITION I HELD TO FOCUS ON THE GROUP AS A WHOLE

A LITTLE ABOUT ME
    MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARCIE KATHLEEN 30+YEARS, 2 SONS
    I AM A DISABLED COMBAT VET SERVING 2 TOURS IN VIETNAM AS A MILITARY WAR DOG HANDLER WITH THE US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (NAVY SEALS, MARINE RECON AND THE ARMY GREEN BERET) I HANDLED SHADOWX-117 FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL HE WAS KIA ON OUR 2ND TOUR IN NAM DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON IN APRIL OF 75. AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THE VICTIM OF A WELL PLACE BOBBY TRAP WHICH COST ME THE LOWER PORTION OF MY RIGHT CALF AND MY RIGHT FOOT. SO GOES THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION OF WAR AND WE MOVE FORWARD FROM THERE WITH A LOT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY.

I HAVE BEEN A WARRIOR FROM THE GET GO. I JOINED IN 2016 TOOK A SMALL BREAK AND CAME BACK AFTER GETTING A NEW PROSTHETIC TO WORKOUT ON AND WALK WITH.

AS WE APPROACH THE HOLIDAY SEASON I WOULD LIKE ALL OF THE ku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGERS TO BE AWARE OF THE CALORIES THAT WE ARE GOING TO CONSUME AND BE MINDFUL THAT IT WON'T DETER US FROM OUR GOALS AS A TEAM AND AS A PERSON.

AS Aku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGER I AM GOING TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR TEAM,THE MODERATORS AND YOU.
    PARTICIPATE IN THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE, THE GROUP CHALLENGE AND YOUR TEAM CHALLENGE. THESE CHALLENGES ARE COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY; HOWEVER IT CONQUERS 2 THINGS... YOU MEET AND CHAT WITH OTHER CHALLENGERS AND YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU.
    LET’S HAVE A GREAT DECEMBER CHALLENGE WITH OF LOT OF WEIGHT LOSSES AND FUN TIMES’
    GREG
This discussion has been closed.