The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    @kcn2bluesky I am a quilter, too! I have found most of good friends as an adult either through friends of my kids’ parents or through a local modern quilt guild! Have you looked into local quilt guilds? They are great and you will see the same people every month vs. just possibly once at a class.

See if there is one close by!
    https://community.themodernquiltguild.com/guild_locator
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Aww,@RubyRed I felt sad when I read about this being your first holiday season after your divorce 😭 it can be tough but I'm sure you'll be fine,all you Crafters make me jealous! I started a poncho for my daughter who lives in Portland back in February and it's still only the size of a baby bib😲 it's crochet and I just lack the mojo to work on it grrr!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Aww,@RubyRed I felt sad when I read about this being your first holiday season after your divorce 😭 it can be tough but I'm sure you'll be fine,all you Crafters make me jealous! I started a poncho for my daughter who lives in Portland back in February and it's still only the size of a baby bib😲 it's crochet and I just lack the mojo to work on it grrr!

Thanks @whitpauly You made me giggle- the size of a baby big. Wishing you a great day!
  • whitpauly
    Wishing everyone a happy and healthy AF Sunday 💝
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Wishing everyone a happy and healthy AF Sunday 💝

Same to you <3
    tim201200 wrote: »
    Good morning all :). Saw this group and thought I would post. I am a 50's male who is just starting the process of getting alcohol out of my life. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

The perfect time to get alcohol out of your life!!! Good for you :)
  • whitpauly
    @Ke22yB sorry your friend is such a "kitten"! Sounds very arrogant and I know I was too in my heavy drinking days,I always felt like I was right and everyone else was an idiot,sad to say karma really does come around and your friend will eventually get a wake up call,can't live life like that forever and nothing happens, congrats on your many years of not drinking 👍 welcome @tim201200 this is a great group of people! Lorraine, excellent on the walking,I do daily just cuz too strenuous exercise triggers anxiety for me(dunno why) but walking has been my friend for years and it's awesome to have that time to think,waves to all and have a Fab AF day!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Good Morn B) Wishing there were a need for these B) but it is rainy in my neck of the woods. Blah & Blah-er!!! I'm sitting in front of my "happy" light to get some serotonin flowing (?) BUT it is not a magic pill unfortunately. IT helps but it doesn't cure. So, I'm sitting here thinking about my thinking and decided to count my blessings to lift my mood and the first one I thought of is how thankful I am to be AF 18 months & sometimes counting.

The plan for today is to go for a walk after work even though it is raining cause I have committed to this plan to actively lift my mood. I find that once I push myself to go, I'm fine and at the end I'm even finer knowing that I went through with it...just the thought of that small accomplishment lifts my mood and helps me to feel a bit better about myself.

What works for you?

Happy AF day to all <3
  • whitpauly
    Fabulous job on 18 months Lorraine 💗 my mood has been blah lately too,I always get that way during the holidays,I just reflect too much on the year,wonder what the next year will be like and so on,woke up to a terrible stomach and I think that's another reason I've been down it feels like a flu of some sort cuz I had body aches yesterday and just fatigue,grrrr,6:30 am in Vegas another 24 of no booze for me! Hope everyone has a great day and don't be a stranger!😍
  • lorrainequiche59
    YAY on your new position @donimfp...SO happy for you!!!! :D
  • whitpauly
    Yay on the new job @donimfp sounds great for you! @VeggieGirlforLife try not to stress so much about your family,I get it tho,this is supposed to be a relaxing day but ends up being chaotic no matter how I try to keep it calm😒 I'm glad to hear the Mr.Rogers movie was good! I loved him and I love Tom Hanks💗 7:40 am in Vegas another 24 please 😎
  • whitpauly
    I totally forgot to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!🦃