The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Happy Sunday funday singles fam. Let’s go Pm to chat about anything you’re mind is thinking about let’s go

*your

That is what my mind is thinking about. Not worthy of a PM though
    Do you only PM people with good grammar?

No. But correcting people's grammar tends to cause very short conversations. So not worthy of a PM
    My grammar is sir Walter Raleigh grade high

Fantastic! I won't claim to have excellent grammar, but when the easy stuff is incorrect it irks me
    I hate when people swap their and there. Respect drops 100 points. There are MBA educated people who misspell like this.

Absolutely! You just can't take anything they say after that seriously. But then, I constantly split my infinitives, so I shouldn't judge. I do. But I shouldn't
  • Versicolour
    Happy Sunday funday singles fam. Let’s go Pm to chat about anything you’re mind is thinking about let’s go

*your

That is what my mind is thinking about. Not worthy of a PM though
    Do you only PM people with good grammar?

No. But correcting people's grammar tends to cause very short conversations. So not worthy of a PM
    My grammar is sir Walter Raleigh grade high

Fantastic! I won't claim to have excellent grammar, but when the easy stuff is incorrect it irks me
    I hate when people swap their and there. Respect drops 100 points. There are MBA educated people who misspell like this.

Their, their...it will all be alright

:lol:
    But also; cringe! :confounded:
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

It's Monday but that's ok because it's a 3 day work week for many people. I'm looking forward to snagging all the deals up this Thursday-Monday.

What are you guys planning to buy this grey Thursday/Black Friday/ Cyber Monday?

I'll be purchasing something, to watch!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Good morning everyone!

It's Monday but that's ok because it's a 3 day work week for many people. I'm looking forward to snagging all the deals up this Thursday-Monday.

What are you guys planning to buy this grey Thursday/Black Friday/ Cyber Monday?

In years past, I have bought stuff on my wish list that was cheap. I don't think there is anything that I need particularly badly, but will keep an eye on deals and possibly buy some thing(s) that I have been wanting for awhile. Or if there is a sale on my brand of shoes, I may buy a bunch. I run a lot of miles, so have been known to buy several pairs of shoes once or twice each year when there are deals.

Cool. I've got my eye on Travel Tuesday. I have a few international trips coming up next year & I'm hoping to get deals on flights.

I did not even know that was a thing. I suppose I will need to look for hotel deals for my upcoming marathons. Also, I need to sign up for some more marathons. After adding 4 more races to the 1st quarter of 2020, I'm going to be broke.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Went for a walk, in a new park today. Was fun.

How's everyone else today?
  • Versicolour
    edited November 2019
    Busy day of keeping the kids occupied while enforcing my no-electronics rule. I got no work done!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Guys, I need your help.

If you had a choice to go to another country, would you go to Dubai & or Paris?

If I go to Dubai, there would be a tour guide, transportation & meals provided. If I go to Paris, I can travel to surrounding countries by train but there would be no guide, transportation or meals provided.

Which one would you choose?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Guys, I need your help.

If I go to Dubai, there would be a tour guide, transportation & meals provided. If I go to Paris, I can travel to surrounding countries by train but there would be no guide, transportation or meals provided.

Paris
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Guys, I need your help.

Paris

Same
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    Guys, I need your help.

Paris

Same

Just to be clear, I meant Paris, France and not Paris, TN, USA.
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    Guys, I need your help.

Eiffel Tower!
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    So.. I have been single two months now and, although I don't miss my ex at all, I get these waves of loneliness sometimes. So, I guess I have to learn to enjoy my own company now. Or I could just spend all my time in the mfp forums :lol:

You'll definitely go through a roller coaster of emotions...including missing what you thought you had with your ex. Not necessarily him. Take your time. :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    So.. I have been single two months now and, although I don't miss my ex at all, I get these waves of loneliness sometimes. So, I guess I have to learn to enjoy my own company now. Or I could just spend all my time in the mfp forums :lol:

You'll definitely go through a roller coaster of emotions...including missing what you thought you had with your ex. Not necessarily him. Take your time. :)

You are right about that. We were together for just under ten years, so even though the relationship was a disaster, it is still odd being alone all the time.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited November 2019
    Guys, I need your help.

I would say Dubai, only because a friend of mine went there and said that everything is so over the top with people trying to outdo each other, that she stayed in a hotel with walls lined in actual gold. I want to see that. haha Plus having everything included is nice.... Also, it's different. I have already been to Europe, but I haven't been to any Arabian countries.

But if I was 10 years younger, I would be all about Paris, only for the bonus of traveling to the other countries or to see the rest of France.

But I'm old and tired. :D Give me the all inclusive plan in a place of luxury please.....
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »

I fully understand the waves you're talking about. I've been broken up with my ex for a while now and sometimes laying in bed at night I mess that cuddle or feeling someone is there. Eventually it will deminish. You'll be ok. Get a puppy 😋

A puppy would be an absolute dream! Not possible unfortunately 😥 Thanks for your comment, I know I will be ok, just adjusting still!
  • Cutemesoon
    Thanks for all your feedback guys. I booked a flight to Paris before I even came back to check this thread. :D I found a REALLY good flight deal. There's another guided tour in Dubai, but it's in August. I'm sweating just thinking about it tho. Flights, meals & activities are included.
  • Cutemesoon
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Guys, I need your help.

I would say Dubai, only because a friend of mine went there and said that everything is so over the top with people trying to outdo each other, that she stayed in a hotel with walls lined in actual gold. I want to see that. haha Plus having everything included is nice.... Also, it's different. I have already been to Europe, but I haven't been to any Arabian countries.

But if I was 10 years younger, I would be all about Paris, only for the bonus of traveling to the other countries or to see the rest of France.

But I'm old and tired. :D Give me the all inclusive plan in a place of luxury please.....

I'm old & tired as well. I'm just becoming more adventurous as I get older. It's Paris for now, but Dubai is absolutely on my bucket list. It looks amazing in all the youtube videos I watch & pics I see.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »

I fully understand the waves you're talking about. I've been broken up with my ex for a while now and sometimes laying in bed at night I mess that cuddle or feeling someone is there. Eventually it will deminish. You'll be ok. Get a puppy 😋

A puppy would be an absolute dream! Not possible unfortunately 😥 Thanks for your comment, I know I will be ok, just adjusting still!

My advice is too spend lots of time with family and friends. And also spend some time with yourself and ON yourself.
    You are a great person and you should spend some time enjoying some things that you like to do. I like to go hiking or shopping, sometimes I do 5K’s or Obstacle races by myself. And you can always come and talk to us if you need to!! Big hugs to you my friend 🤗
    You are amazing and you will get through this ♥️