I finally did it.

I've been fat all my life, obese since my tweens. I passed 300 pounds in my early teens and haven't seen the other side of it since. I've been trying so hard to get the weight off my whole life, but I didn't know what I was doing; I bought into all the misinformation, all of the fads. When those diets inevitably failed, I felt like I would be stuck forever in a body I hated and felt miserable in.

I've been on my current journey since late December. Calories in, calories out + keto. This time I started at 370 pounds and projections had my big 1 year goal of getting under 300 happening some time in early January.

I'm ahead of schedule. I'm at 299.4!!!

That number which has dogged me my whole adult life is gone, and I'm never going back. I'm going to make it all the way this time, I know it.

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    How exciting!! Congratulations on that milestone!
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you! It's so exciting, I feel so energized now for the next year and the next goal! :blush:
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    What a great milestone!!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you and to hear that you have found a healthy way that works for you.
  • DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Great job!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,049 Member
    Amazing! Now to start the next step of your journey! Keep going!!!
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Congratulations, that is amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Congratulations on that massive milestone!
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    you are amazing!!!! congratulations!!!!
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • quintjm
    quintjm Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats on reaching your goal early! How do you see when you will reach your goal by a certain date?
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2019
    quintjm wrote: »
    Congrats on reaching your goal early! How do you see when you will reach your goal by a certain date?
    Before I started on myfitnesspal, I used a keto calculator to get my TDEE and macros, and on it was a projections forecast. I hadn't paid it much heed but I seemed to be going at around the same pace it suggested, though I managed to pull ahead of it, as it were.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Way to go!!! I can feel your joy through this post ❤️ You should be so very proud of yourself!
  • LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    CONGRATS! Great work!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Amazing what can happen in a year, huh? You are proof that the time will pass regardless of what we do. So if we can get up each day and do our best to stick to a plan, results will follow. PLEASE post in a year (or sooner!) on this thread. I love to see those continuing success stories. And you are a success!! :)
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Congratulations
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I love reading the success stories! Congratulations and continues good luck to you for the rest of the journey!!
  • PaotonuR
    PaotonuR Posts: 4 Member
    Well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!