The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    So.. I have been single two months now and, although I don't miss my ex at all, I get these waves of loneliness sometimes. So, I guess I have to learn to enjoy my own company now. Or I could just spend all my time in the mfp forums :lol:

The best feeling is the moment when you realize you're over someone. Just take some time to heal and reflect on what happened. If you are at least slightly extroverted, join meetup groups that fit your interests. I wish you a swift healing.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    So.. I have been single two months now and, although I don't miss my ex at all, I get these waves of loneliness sometimes. So, I guess I have to learn to enjoy my own company now. Or I could just spend all my time in the mfp forums :lol:

I fully understand the waves you're talking about. I've been broken up with my ex for a while now and sometimes laying in bed at night I mess that cuddle or feeling someone is there. Eventually it will deminish. You'll be ok. Get a puppy 😋

A puppy would be an absolute dream! Not possible unfortunately 😥 Thanks for your comment, I know I will be ok, just adjusting still!

My advice is too spend lots of time with family and friends. And also spend some time with yourself and ON yourself.
    You are a great person and you should spend some time enjoying some things that you like to do. I like to go hiking or shopping, sometimes I do 5K’s or Obstacle races by myself. And you can always come and talk to us if you need to!! Big hugs to you my friend 🤗
    You are amazing and you will get through this ♥️
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

The best feeling is the moment when you realize you're over someone. Just take some time to heal and reflect on what happened. If you are at least slightly extroverted, join meetup groups that fit your interests. I wish you a swift healing.

Aww thank you guys 🤗 you are all so lovely and sweet and I'm glad to be able to connect with you all! The thing I've been struggling with is taking time just for me. It's so much easier to throw myself in to what my friends and family are doing but then I feel a bit lost when they're not there. I guess I just need to start doing stuff by myself and get used to the idea that I'm worth the effort I give to other people.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

Loneliness will come and go.... its hard to get used to the new "norm" of being alone. Make a list of all the things you want to do and start checking then off.
    Get together with friends more often.
    See whats going on in the community and go to different events.
    The alone time at home will get to you sometimes..... but at the same time, its freeing to know you can do what you want whwn you want and not have to answer to anyone. That was always my focus... haha
    The holidays don't make it any easier, though..... so try to fill your time with friends and family. <3
  • tinak33

I fully understand the waves you're talking about. I've been broken up with my ex for a while now and sometimes laying in bed at night I mess that cuddle or feeling someone is there. Eventually it will deminish. You'll be ok. Get a puppy 😋

A puppy would be an absolute dream! Not possible unfortunately 😥 Thanks for your comment, I know I will be ok, just adjusting still!

My advice is too spend lots of time with family and friends. And also spend some time with yourself and ON yourself.
    You are a great person and you should spend some time enjoying some things that you like to do. I like to go hiking or shopping, sometimes I do 5K’s or Obstacle races by myself. And you can always come and talk to us if you need to!! Big hugs to you my friend 🤗

Aww thank you guys 🤗 you are all so lovely and sweet and I'm glad to be able to connect with you all! The thing I've been struggling with is taking time just for me. It's so much easier to throw myself in to what my friends and family are doing but then I feel a bit lost when they're not there. I guess I just need to start doing stuff by myself and get used to the idea that I'm worth the effort I give to other people.

Ooohhhhhh I so get that...... I wouldn't do anything without someone else with me. And if they didnt want to do it, then I didn't do it. It was fun and all, but not what I wanted to do.
    So finally I said screw it. I don't NEED someone with me to do what I want. I joined groups, took classes, and ended up with a whole new circle of friends. It was pretty awesome.
    I made a list of things I wanted to do and I made sure to do them. Whether it was once a week or once a month or once every few months.... depended on what it was.
    I always invited people to do things with me, but I always made sure I knew I was gonna do it regardless of who did. It was a constant (saying it over and over in my head) reminder to myself until it became my norm. 🤷‍♀️
    It takes time...... and you will eventually get comfortable doing things alone. No one holds you back but you. So let yourself go to enjoy the things you like. ❤❤
  • ghudson92
    tinak33 wrote: »

Ooohhhhhh I so get that...... I wouldn't do anything without someone else with me. And if they didnt want to do it, then I didn't do it. It was fun and all, but not what I wanted to do.
    So finally I said screw it. I don't NEED someone with me to do what I want. I joined groups, took classes, and ended up with a whole new circle of friends. It was pretty awesome.
    I made a list of things I wanted to do and I made sure to do them. Whether it was once a week or once a month or once every few months.... depended on what it was.
    I always invited people to do things with me, but I always made sure I knew I was gonna do it regardless of who did. It was a constant (saying it over and over in my head) reminder to myself until it became my norm. 🤷‍♀️
    It takes time...... and you will eventually get comfortable doing things alone. No one holds you back but you. So let yourself go to enjoy the things you like. ❤❤

That is such good advice. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences 🤗 Definitely going to do the list as you suggested. I was thinking about going to my family holiday home in lanzarote for some winter sun, but I've never been there on my own. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and book the flights?!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I actually do some of that myself. I'll do stuff off sites like meetup, and invite friends to come. But I'm doing the event regardless. Cause I want to do it.
  • mattig89ch
    Oh! Anyone doing anything exciting for thanksgiving?
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Oh! Anyone doing anything exciting for thanksgiving?

Every Thanksgiving, I watch: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    edited November 2019

That is such good advice. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences 🤗 Definitely going to do the list as you suggested. I was thinking about going to my family holiday home in lanzarote for some winter sun, but I've never been there on my own. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and book the flights?!

Yes do it!!! If it’s something you really want to do ♥️
    At the beginning of the summer I got a hotel room not far from the beach and went down by myself for the night. It was close so I walked to and from the beach, and along the beach and got some sun and relaxation. It was wonderful. I am going to make it an annual trip ♥️❤️
  • ghudson92
    I've been separated and then divorced for nearly 4 years now. Before that I was essentially alone, but had company in the worst possible way. It has been possibly a decade since I had anyone to snuggle and I still long for that.

Writing this I suddenly feel really old, hopeless and pathetic. Surely I am not that unlovable

I get what you mean re the company thing and the snuggle thing. You are definitely not unloveable, you are delightful 🤗🤗
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I've been separated and then divorced for nearly 4 years now. Before that I was essentially alone, but had company in the worst possible way. It has been possibly a decade since I had anyone to snuggle and I still long for that.

Writing this I suddenly feel really old, hopeless and pathetic. Surely I am not that unlovable

I get what you mean re the company thing and the snuggle thing. You are definitely not unloveable, you are delightful 🤗🤗

🤗🤗🤗🤗 Thank you :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • tinak33

This. She is right. ❤❤❤
  • mattig89ch
    edited November 2019

I get what you mean, minus the having someone thing. Its why inspired me to lose weight, and start going to therapy (which I highly recommend everyone, its been very helpful to me). The hopes of increasing my chances to find a romantic partner, by fixing w/e flaws are keeping me from forming and maintaining relationships.
  • jwd574
    jwd574 Posts: 9 Member
    Yikes. I missed the party.
  • Happy Friday night y’all. What is everyone’s plans for this weekend, besides working out, meal prepping, and going to the grocery store?. Let’s go.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member

I offer snuggles in exchange for Thanksgiving stuffing
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member

This. She is right. ❤❤❤

So right!!!! You’re very lovable 🤗🤗♥️♥️
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    My consequence, to consuming certain foods & beverages once annually's desiring to continue to overindulge upon even my average edibles, now that they're gone. I figure the best alternative to ceasing this' to consume, them regularly instead of a delicacy, upon special occasions & thereby celebrate future events, without anything caloric.

I don't wait until Cinco de Mayo, to eat tacos, so I won't wait until Thanksgiving to've green bean casserole either!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

This. She is right. ❤❤❤

Agree 100% ❤