Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @SanDiegofitmom whacha gonna put in that pie dish??? Enjoy your AF beer.

I just made a pumpkin eggnog cheese cake. 🙄

I too would like to know what you put in that pie!!!

Lol, up here in Canada it could be anything, Tourtiere, Game Pie, Roadkill (just kidding on that one). Seriously though, in Quebec there is Sugar Pie, which is pretty much like Pecan Pie without the Pecans...thick gelatinous sugary stuff.
    I truly do love that we are all from different areas and am interested in regional foods.
    Pumpkin eggnog cheese cake? Wow!! Aren't you just Martha Stewart! : - )
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member

Oh gosh, thank you sooooo much @MissMay
    I would have quit this thread. 100%
    I really can't abide with the poor spelling and abysmal grammar : - O
    j/k on the former (not really), but I might be Buddhist, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist/Agnostic, Hindu, First Nations, etc...this is a global thread. I am definitely offended at anyone trying to push their religion on me!!
    That would have been a true loss to have you quit, or any of our past, present or lurking followers to not want to check in and support each other.
    You worded it very nicely above @dawnbgethealthy to include all of us.

• MissMay

I too would like to know what you put in that pie!

Lol, up here in Canada it could be anything, Tourtiere, Game Pie, Roadkill (just kidding on that one). Seriously though, in Quebec there is Sugar Pie, which is pretty much like Pecan Pie without the Pecans...thick gelatinous sugary stuff.
    I truly do love that we are all from different areas and am interested in regional foods.

Oh @dawnbgethealthy I have made a pork tourtiere twice and love them. My hubbie is French Canadian descent and he had told me once of this pie his Grandmother would make when he was a child, so I reserched recipes and made it. DELISH!
    Now that was when I was FIRST contemplating cutting back on alcohol with serious intention 3 or 4 years ago. And I know I pre-planned to make the tourtiere on a day that I was not going to drink, because I did not want to screw up the pie after all the work I was going to put into it.
    Many a baked good or dinner got ruined when I was in the kitchen and drinking to much. That means a lot of $$$ that went right down the drain that either got burned or was uneatable.

How is it you can put in a 14 hour day at work and still have time to catch up with us? You are amazing!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2019
    @SanDiegofitmom whacha gonna put in that pie dish??? Enjoy your AF beer.

I just made a pumpkin eggnog cheese cake. 🙄

Oh man it’s an amazing pumpkin ice cream pie with a graham cracker crust, topped with whipped cream, salted dark chocolate almond bark and homemade toffee sauce it’s from the Bon Appétit desserts cookbook. It’s a lot of work but worth it once a year. I also don’t like traditional pumpkin pie so it makes me happy! Plus after 14 days no wine I lost 3.6 pounds and I deserve a little slice of heaven! Thanks to all and happy Turkey day

• dawnbgethealthy
    I too would like to know what you put in that pie!

Oh @dawnbgethealthy I have made a pork tourtiere twice and love them. My hubbie is French Canadian descent and he had told me once of this pie his Grandmother would make when he was a child, so I reserched recipes and made it. DELISH!
    Now that was when I was FIRST contemplating cutting back on alcohol with serious intention 3 or 4 years ago. And I know I pre-planned to make the tourtiere on a day that I was not going to drink, because I did not want to screw up the pie after all the work I was going to put into it.
    Many a baked good or dinner got ruined when I was in the kitchen and drinking to much. That means a lot of $$$ that went right down the drain that either got burned or was uneatable.

How is it you can put in a 14 hour day at work and still have time to catch up with us? You are amazing!

Ha, well, I start at 4am on Tuesdays. The rest of my week is usually pretty normal.
    And now...I have a hankering for Tourtiere. I grew allergic to pastry for some reason when I hit 30, so only eat the filling of stuff. On New Year's day the French Canadians always have game pie, with like 4-8 different types of game - always rabbit snared somewhere, sometimes right in the driveway lol. I haven't had it in quite a while since I live in an area in the BC now where there don't seem to be any French Canadians.
    Maybe you will have to make your hubby some Sugar Pie : - )

• dawnbgethealthy
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 22 - 3 drinks - I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!
    November 23 - AF - 7 days left in the month only! That went by fast.
    November 24 - AF - planning on hitting the 16th AF day for the month tomorrow. If I could keep up putting 2 AF days in between drinks days I would be good with that plan.
    November 25 - AF - Happy to make it to 16AF days. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is my designated drinks day, but I am going out to the Ballet on Wednesday so don't want to look all puffy and haggard and bloated so I will try to skip my drinks day.
    November 26 - 3 drinks. Tuesday. Didn't make it to my 4th AF day in a row, but maybe some day : - ) 14 hour day, like pretty much every Tuesday. No regrets.
    November 27 - AF. I was offered wine out at dinner, and a few times at the Ballet, but I abstained since I had drinks yesterday.

Running tally 17AF days out of 27 days so far.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    For all of my American MF Pals... "HAPPY THANKSGIVING"
    I hope that however you are spending your day, with family, friends, or with yourself, that you know that I am thankful for all of your support and sharing here with this group. <3

I am usually the one hosting, but my future Daughter-in-laws parents are hosting this year. So instead of having to get up at the crack-of-dawn, cooking & cleaning all day, I get to relax, which I am also Very Grateful for! I am looking forward to seeing everyone, (and the pecan pie).

I have 11 days in a row AF... not sure yet, but I might have a glass (or 2) of wine, or maybe not. :)

Enjoy your day!
  • MissMay
    edited November 2019
    Hope everyone that is celebrating Thanksgiving is having a wonderful day. Mine is AF, two drinks LESS than last Thanksgiving. We have already had our early feast. And been contacting those near and far to let them know how they mean to us.

Whether you are celebrating this holiday or not. I would like each of you to know how much I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your company and support on this thread. Sharing something as we do that is considered a subject most would never think of discussing, reinforces our commitment to be a better us.
    Many many THANKS to all of you.💜
  • MissMay
    I will not drink, I will not drink, I will not drink... no matter how much I want to right now!!! I don't understand why some people (step daughter), cannot enjoy the holiday without drama! :s
    Thank you, just needed to get this out, hoping it keeps me away from the bottle!

Hold on tight, bite your lip, step outside and take a deep breath the day is almost over. 🤐
  • dawnbgethealthy
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 22 - 3 drinks - I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!
    November 23 - AF - 7 days left in the month only! That went by fast.
    November 24 - AF - planning on hitting the 16th AF day for the month tomorrow. If I could keep up putting 2 AF days in between drinks days I would be good with that plan.
    November 25 - AF - Happy to make it to 16AF days. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is my designated drinks day, but I am going out to the Ballet on Wednesday so don't want to look all puffy and haggard and bloated so I will try to skip my drinks day.
    November 26 - 3 drinks. Tuesday. Didn't make it to my 4th AF day in a row, but maybe some day : - ) 14 hour day, like pretty much every Tuesday. No regrets.
    November 27 - AF. I was offered wine out at dinner, and a few times at the Ballet, but I abstained since I had drinks yesterday.
    November 28 - AF. Worked hard, felt like having drinks, but Black Friday is looming and I have a small Amazon business that will require me to monitor my sale and change my bids/tactics continuously throughout the day and night. I want to be as sharp as possible.

Running tally 18AF days out of 28 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    This was the date that I joined this thread exactly a year ago. My goal for that first week was to have 1 AF day for the week. It was hard!!!
    This is also the date of my late Dad's birthday.
    And this year it is Thanksgiving day!

Since I began with this forum, it has been such a wonderful place to come to. Our little MFP family : - )
    I am happy to "see" you all and hearing about what everyone is up to.

The hugest thanks to @MissMay who has kept us all safe and warm <3

Happy Thanksgiving all of you American Cousins.

• MissMay
    edited November 2019
    Awwwwww thank you @dawnbgethealthy for your sediments and gratitude. There were times I would get in here to check out this thread and no one would be posting for days(way before the duty of O.P. was given to me). So I would just keep accountability for myself and post to keep it open, on top of the community board and fresh. I thought well....if we have lurkers they would at least be reading and hopefully be getting something good out of my rambles. And so here we all are! Like you said, our little fam.

Congrats on your one year with us. I remember when you started and how difficult squeaking out that one AF day was for you. Ya come a long way BABY !
    My husbands birthday is also Nov 28th, like your Fathers. Luckily he remained very sober yesterday because he was trying to learn how to use a new fancy cell phone and did not want to screw it up. Little steps.......

Couple days left here in November. How has everyones goals been doing? Tough time of year I know to be wanting to make less alcohol a part of your life. But is there ever really a "better" time to start?

Have a wonderful day all, the weekend and a new exciting month is around the bend. 😎
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    7 am in Vegas another 24 💖 hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday,ours was quiet and I'm fine with that 🦃
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    @seltzermint555 we were just discussing vertigo on here a few days ago. Horrible feeling from what everyone described. You have done well with drinking less in 2019 from what you stated. Congrats, hope you can keep on your successful path.

Thank you so much! I'll read back through the thread further.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    Yeah, we had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday, and my 1st AF one in many years 😁
    I made up for it with yummy desserts 🥧
    Thank you @MissMay for your encouraging words. I need to remember that no matter how miserable some people around you are, I am still in control of my own actions. 💙